Still Pretty Much the same set (will that affect your concert choices?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:

It has nothing to do with the setlist. It's because I love going to U2 concerts.

Thank you. Finally. :bow:

I could go to 10 concerts with the same setlist and still be in awe because something is unique each time. Sure, it would be fun if they switched things up every now and then or threw in a rare/under-used song once or twice but I'm not gonna cry about it.

I have both nights in LA (GA"s) and good lowers for Vegas--I will probably sell the Vegas seats now that it looks like the setlists have been pretty much the same (give or take a few nights)--I really can't belive that BAD has not been played regularly--and Vetigo twice is atrocious--I am sure when I hear it, it will sound great, but it's just the principle of playing a song twice when you pay $200 a seat for lowers.

They are playing multiple nights at MSG which might be interesting if they really change it up--which they probably won't except for 1 or 2 nights. I know there are two camps: people that criticize the setlits and people who eat up whatever U2 plays (why not Vertigo three times...), but I really do think that objectively, this tour has been the one with the least amount of movement in the setlist and the most glaring omissions.

I have tickets to the last 2 shows in the US, Salt Lake and Portland. As it is looking now, I probably won't add any more shows...was thinking about it.

I think I will wait and see if the Smashing Pumpkins tour...also going to see Coldplay, Depeche Mode, Green Day, Oasis, Pearl Jam...and a few others this fall as well.

Billy wants his pumpkins back

Last edited:
RademR said:
definetly...i get nosebleeds for the 19th. I think for the 20th I am going to go early in the morning and try and get GAs when they release them. They were doing that for most of the shows I heard.

Sweet. I think I've heard that MCI will be doing that, as well. Tickets for either show are getting to be scarce. I've been searching ebay a few times a week since they first came out because I have a few friends who expected me to buy them tickets but didn't know about the 2 GAs per person rule. Now they have none & I still feel bad, so I'm doing some hunting. In the last month or two, there's been a drop from about 30-40 ebay listings a day to 5-10----and they're all more expensive than they were back in the spring, which is the opposite of what I expected. Hopefully, we'll see more open up at cheaper prices as the show gets closer & people realize they can't go....

Back
Top Bottom