Stiff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFly40

The Fly
Here's a strange topic...Bono's dancing around on stage.

Have his "moves" become more stiff this tour? Don't get me wrong, he's never been know for his dancing, and he still has lots of engery and is all over the stage but he seem very awkward this time around. Maybe it's the bad back and/or age. I just don't ever remember him every looking so rigid on the other tours.

I remember laughing during parts of the NJ 1 show because he looked so funny.

TheFly40 said:

Have his "moves" become more stiff this tour? Don't get me wrong, he's never been know for his dancing, and he still has lots of engery and is all over the stage but he seem very awkward this time around. Maybe it's the bad back and/or age. I just don't ever remember him every looking so rigid on the other tours.

personally i always thought he looked pretyy rigid during the Zoo shows, he never really "ran" on that tour either

TheFly40 said:

He's a middle-aged man with back problems, for God's sake! :wink:

TheFly40 said:

I've been seeing them since War, and to be honest I didn't notice a dramatic difference during last night's show. I always felt that his way of moving onstage is a lot like Jim Morrison used to (I've only seen Jim on film and TV, but the resemblence is clear).

I actually love the way he moves on stage--it's not exactly graceful, but it looks cool and it's very expressive. I'm sure it gets harder at his age, but I wouldn't make too much of Bono's purported back problems--I think he's in pretty good shape physically. It's a demanding job what he does!

Back
Top Bottom