starting to rain here in san diego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quasi1970

The Fly
As of 10:51 am, it's starting to rain in downtown San Diego....I hope those GA folks in line now brought umbrellas. Coming down kind of heavy too...I'll be joining them in 4 hours after I get off work...

I'm going to swing over a lunch and just check it out and give you a report to see how they're coping. Hopefully, it's just a passing rain cloud...at least it's kind of warm...it may be a humid and steamy evening on the floor tonight.

All I know is that so far it's been the most beautiful day of the year where I'm at.

hmm. how fitting:wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i thought it hardly ever rained in san diego?

Yeah.....i thought the weather was like...perfect in San Diego. Like...it never changes or something like that....

its supposed to be raining until like midday Tues. I hope they have umbrellas. It's just regular rain, it's not those massive downpours like from Dec./Jan. It must be that they will get the outside of the oval from their place in line, or all those people wouldn't be still sitting there, because hopefully someone from U2 or the venue would be kind enough to tell them they don't need to sit there.

in normal years that would be true, just a few storms and the rest of the time weather just about the same all year long, maybe 10-15 degrees less in winter, but as someone stated, this is indeed big storms all winter long for socali this year.

Last edited:
San Diego has had terrible weather since January...the most rain they've had in years (a local told me the most in 8 years or something like that). There are parts where it should be completely brown but because of all the rain it's green as the hills of Ireland. I just moved down here from Seattle, so I'm used to it (and it makes me feel at home).

Officially, the rain totals have been the 2nd most in recorded history. A couple more storms like we've had, and we will get to #1.

For what it's worth, anyways.

Just went down to the arena....and the sun is back. Thank you.

I took some photos of the line and will try to post those when I can before I head down.

Here's an interesting thing. I asked security what was the lottery policy. This is what two security persons told me. They said that if your GA ticket makes a special beep when scanned, it denotes that you have been selected to go into the EGG. You will be sent to separate table to get a new wristband. You can bring one other person (with a GA ticket) with you. The selection is completely random and I have no idea how they did it.

So, it's still a good idea to get there early if you don't get selected so that you can get a good spot outside the egg.

Also, I asked about digital cameras and I was told that they are allowed but not SLRs with telephoto zooms.

Back
Top Bottom