Stand in u2.com line or non-u2.com line?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

srl124

The Fly
So forgive me if this has been questioned/answered elsewhere but here it goes. I'm a u2.com member, but I've purchased ETS GAs, which means my ticket won't have any special coding on it indicating that it was bought in the presale. I heard that u2.com members can bring proof of membership and stand in the u2.com line. Is this so? Which line should I stand in?

If you're a member, bring your stuff and get in the U2.com line...

remember, I think only the first show qualified as a pre-sale... maybe the second too, I can't remember. The rest of the shows are add-on dates.

If you are going on Wednesday, you need to have MFAN tickets. Your U2.com profile will not get you into a fan line.

On Fri/Sat, you can bring your profile and go to the fan lineup.

Very organized, no problem.

The only thing was, that some of us with FAN tickets weren't sure if we were better off staying in the FAN line or not (the other line had 2 turnstiles).

My friends and I took a big gamble and stayed in the regular line even though we had FAN tickets.

It paid off HUGE. That line moved more than twice as fast.

Really? I wonder why - were they having to check the tickets more closely in the other? Or maybe just better to have 2 turnstiles in general...

bonosloveslave said:
Really? I wonder why - were they having to check the tickets more closely in the other? Or maybe just better to have 2 turnstiles in general...

This really pissed me off. The 2 lines were about the same size, but the fan club line only had 1 turnstyle as opposed to the other line that had 2.

It was irrelevant which lineup you were in because once you got to the table with the computers, it was either (1) based on the tickets you had, although I don't think so, or (2) totally random, which I think is the case.

For the first full hour of people being let in, people were winning the 'lottery' to get into the ellipse. I know this because I had to wait fro my friend to arrive to get his ellipse wrist band with me, and I stood at the table waiting for about 30 minutes. I watched the wristbands be given out until none were left and at that time they told the people to turn the laptops off.

First off, the show last night was PHENOMENAL.

Got to the GA line at about 1pm - at around 2 they started checking the tickets for pre-sale and not and splitting the line, at which point you had a 'choice' to remain in the general line or go to the 'fan' line. At this point both lines were about the same length, so I decided to go for the pre-sale line. BIG mistake! The whole idea behind the pre-sale line is that we were supposed to be let in BEFORE the general line, so that even if you didn't win the lottery, you would still get a good spot on the floor.

Not only did they let everyone in at the same time, but as previously stated, the general line had 2 turnstiles and the pre-sale only had 1. Which was extremely frustrating for all of us considering that a few friends of mine got in the general line at 3:30pm and got in the stadium BEFORE me (what's the point of going early!!!). This whole issue was obviously a miscommunication (i.e. broken telephone syndrome) between the U2 ppl and the ACC ppl.

In addition, the lines were split, but no one was really checking tickets so there were general ppl in the fan line and visa-versa.
My advice - make friends with line security and stand in whatever line open to 2 turnstiles.

And again, the performance far made up for this little mishap. I should probably cut them a little slack since it was the first show on the 3rd leg...nah forget it :wink:

scarboroughjoe said:
It was irrelevant which lineup you were in because once you got to the table with the computers, it was either (1) based on the tickets you had, although I don't think so, or (2) totally random, which I think is the case.

For the first full hour of people being let in, people were winning the 'lottery' to get into the ellipse. I know this because I had to wait fro my friend to arrive to get his ellipse wrist band with me, and I stood at the table waiting for about 30 minutes. I watched the wristbands be given out until none were left and at that time they told the people to turn the laptops off.

about how many people were still in the GA line when the computers were turned off?

u2wedge said:

Let them know what?

I have no idea what miscommunication people are referring to.

When they separated us into lines at 1:30, many of us went up to venue security to ask what was going to happen.

I was told:

-Regular line had 2 turnstiles and fan line had 1 because there were roughly only 200 fan tickets sold and therefore the other line needed more turnstiles to be moved into the arena.

-As a fan ticket holder, you can CHOOSE which line you go to

-Both lines would be let in at the same time

So, some of us chose the regular line once we were given this information (and there were half a dozen security people at the front of the line who were very happy to answer questions).

Well, it's nice to know that you knew what you were getting into. However, I still thinks it takes out the point of having a U2.com line if people in it are at a disadvantage because of a lack of turnstiles. I'll be curious to see how it goes on Wednesday, but I think the ACC staff didn't get the point of having a U2.com line.

anitram said:
Very organized, no problem.

The only thing was, that some of us with FAN tickets weren't sure if we were better off staying in the FAN line or not (the other line had 2 turnstiles).

My friends and I took a big gamble and stayed in the regular line even though we had FAN tickets.

It paid off HUGE. That line moved more than twice as fast.

I made the mistake of staying in the fan line. That was not cool.....our line stopped at one point in time.....although no one was getting in...both lines had stopped........we realized that the other line had two gates....while the FAN line had one.

Not to be a big mouth....but I faxed the ACC several line up plans from other venues that made their public in order to let them know that an advanced protocol would help the masses.

Did they listen?

Nope.

Not as if they've had to have their mind on the leafs....

pfffft!

To the earlier question... I would say that if there were 2000 people on the floor, 1600-1700 had a chance at being in the ellipse. Basically, if you showed up by 6pm, you had a chance in my estimation.

scarboroughjoe said:
To the earlier question... I would say that if there were 2000 people on the floor, 1600-1700 had a chance at being in the ellipse. Basically, if you showed up by 6pm, you had a chance in my estimation.

:eyebrow: Doesn't everyone have a chance at getting in b/c it's random?

It seems like the ellipse is a lot smaller than holding 1700 of 2000 spots.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:eyebrow: Doesn't everyone have a chance at getting in b/c it's random?

It seems like the ellipse is a lot smaller than holding 1700 of 2000 spots.

The ellipse probably holds 300 people?

1700-2000 people on the floor had a chance of getting into the ellipse. They ran out of ellipse wristbands before everyone got in, but it seemed to me like if you got there before 6pm, you had a chance of getting into the ellipse (ie you would get to the lottery computer before they ran out of wristbands).

In my line experience on 9/12, being presale or fan club member allowed you to make the choice of which line to enter. I questioned ACC staff, "will the lines enter at the same time" ACC - "Yes". Because I was #113 I knew there would probably be more presale/fan club members ahead of me so I choose to stay in the regular line. I thought this was pretty much a win/win situation, because you had a choice.

Back
Top Bottom