Stadium Shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
With the first US Stadium show in nearly 10 years, I am going out on a limb to say that U2 will play US stadiums on their next tour. The big stadiums, Ohio, Michigan and South Bend. The college venues, bigger than NFL venues. Gainesville, University Park. Yessah, good stuff

SMB

There's no way U2 plays college football stadiums. The Big House holds 110,000 people. The market in Michigan is no where near strong enough to sell that many tickets. NFL stadiums? Perhaps, but not college.

Why are college stadiums bigger than NFL stadiums ?

p.s im english.

socceroo said:
How are stadium shows better? IMO there is nothing better than seeing your fave band in a small venue.

Stadium shows are better because you get big roars from the crowd because there is a hell of a lot more and also you get the huge stage production.

u2 were born for stadiums.

Nah.

Stadium shows blow. Only 10% of the crowd is anywhere near the band, plus the sound usually sucks (not to mention the changeable weather, the endless beer queues, etc.). Who cares how loud the crowd is, I'm there to see the band, the closer the better.

Nothing beats being inside the Ellipse at one of the arena shows last year (or in '01). It felt like U2 were playing a private concert in your garage.

Vaz02 is correct in one sense, though.... U2 is the best stadium band of all time, followed closely by the Stones.

The best of both worlds will happen in Tokyo in two weeks: three indoor shows using the outdoor stage.

a rock concert (especially an emotional one and with the aura of U2) would absolutely ROCK in the rain :drool:

4U2Play said:
Nah.

Stadium shows blow. Only 10% of the crowd is anywhere near the band, plus the sound usually sucks (not to mention the changeable weather, the endless beer queues, etc.). Who cares how loud the crowd is, I'm there to see the band, the closer the better.

Nothing beats being inside the Ellipse at one of the arena shows last year (or in '01). It felt like U2 were playing a private concert in your garage.

Vaz02 is correct in one sense, though.... U2 is the best stadium band of all time, followed closely by the Stones.

The best of both worlds will happen in Tokyo in two weeks: three indoor shows using the outdoor stage.

Modern stadiums around europe dont have problems with sound.

except in gelsenkirchen i believe(there were some sound problems on 2nd leg if i'm right)
there always are sound problems.

Back
Top Bottom