St. Louis Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:

you can start yelling

HEY KANYE!

WHEN ARE YOU GONNA PLAY MY HUMPS?

KANYE, KANYE

YOU'RE GOOD, FOR ME TO POOP ON!

If you're a Kiwi, "Kanye" and "crap eh?" rhyme quite nicely. :drool:

Axver said:

Rain up to par with the original? It SLAUGHTERS the original. The Beatles' Rain is one of the worst songs I have ever heard. Terrible, terrible stuff.

U2's covers often aren't as bad as people seem to think they are. Night And Day, anyone?

The cool part about Rain is that the backing track is a reversed version of Tomorrow Never Knows

I think that's where Eno got the idea of reversing A Sort of Homecoming to do Elvis Presley and Amerca

LemonMacPhisto said:
haha, your better off with the originals anyways

although Night and Day, still being a cover, makes me giggly with all of its sheer awesomeness
i'm not a big beatles fan myself :uhoh: :reject:

yes, i love U2's cover of night and day :combust: i think i'll play that tonight.

Hiya everyone!!! :wave:

I am ready for the partay!

And for Chip!
5.gif

4.gif

Hola everybody!

I was going to say that I was supposed to be there tonight, so I hope U2 don't play anything new, but since I'll be able to listen to it on the stream, I'll cheer for new stuff anyway! :wink:

ramblin rose said:

Oh Axver, you're such a drama queen. :lol: You wait years for U2 to come to NZ and now you can't live through 45 minutes of an opening act.

Trust me if you survived KOL you'll survive Kanye and you'll be none the worse for wear.

The drama queen here is Drama Queen Bee! :grumpy: :wink:

I was really hoping we'd end up with a good act, and instead what do we get? Hiphop drivel. Ah well, I'll just take some uni work and study during his set! Or read a good book! :drool:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i'm not a big beatles fan myself :uhoh: :reject:

yes, i love U2's cover of night and day :combust: i think i'll play that tonight.

ah, doesn't matter if you dislike the beatles or not, the 80s awesomeness completely phases that out :hug::wink:

have you heard Night and Day live from the MusicCares thing?

The Edge takes that song to a new level :drool:

kellyahern said:

It will be with us for the rest of our lives :|

Years from now, when we're all in nursing homes, we'll be having KOL nightmare flashbacks :shifty:

who knows, KOL might be booked to play at your nursing home

and various Ramada Inns around the area

Axver said:
I was really hoping we'd end up with a good act, and instead what do we get? Hiphop drivel. Ah well, I'll just take some uni work and study during his set! Or read a good book! :drool:
i don't think kanye west is all that bad, although i'm kinda bummed that they didn't pick an aussie/kiwi act. a reformed split enz would've been :combust: :heart: :drool: but i guess that would've been too much to hope for :(

kellyahern said:

:yes:

He forgets the "AAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" :yikes:

Both that and Kanye grate. :sad:

Why couldn't we have something bland that I can just block out? At least the third leg's other openers were ignorable, or in the case of Marley, had Flag Guy.

kellyahern said:

It will be with us for the rest of our lives :|

Years from now, when we're all in nursing homes, we'll be having KOL nightmare flashbacks :shifty:

:lmao:

I wonder if they've gained any weight. Ah the memories. :drool:

So Chizip is in the ellipse. Gee, I wonder if he will start screaming obscenities at Bono over the setlist. :laugh: Somehow I doubt it. I'm not sure how I feel about Mr. Tour Negative getting into the ellipse. Maybe it would be better if someone who actually liked the Vertigo tour and the setlist to be in there. :shrug:

KhanadaRhodes said:

I really got heavily into U2 right after Rattle & Hum came out, so I was excited when I heard Night and Day for the first time along with everyone else. I felt that at that point, I had "caught up".

LemonMacPhisto said:
ah, doesn't matter if you dislike the beatles or not, the 80s awesomeness completely phases that out :hug::wink:

have you heard Night and Day live from the MusicCares thing?

The Edge takes that song to a new level :drool:

no, i've never heard that one :hmm:

Aloha again Lila! :D

The countdown begins! Only 9 more days - thank god! I'm so stressed with work that I'm really looking forward to my holiday.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i don't think kanye west is all that bad, although i'm kinda bummed that they didn't pick an aussie/kiwi act. a reformed split enz would've been :combust: :heart: :drool: but i guess that would've been too much to hope for :(

I see little difference between Kanye and leaving a chainsaw on, personally.

Considering it's stadium shows, we should get a second opener. It better not be crap like Jet or Grinspoon! :madspit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom