Spring/Summer 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bathiu said:

Where did you get this number?????
4 stadium shows????

U2 are playing 6 dates in NY on VertigoTour, that's 120,000 tickets...
I'm talking about "tickets" not "people" because most of the people will see all 6 shows, very few will see only one show.
...120,000 that's 2 stadium shows (notice it means the same number of "tickets", but bigger number of "people")... where did you get 4??

actually U2 has 8 shows at Madison Square Garden, two at Continental Airlines Arena (located in the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutheford, NJ... just across the river from NYC and the same Complex that includes :shocked: Giants Stadium)

at 18,000 per arena, that's 180,000 tickets sold. by your assumption that most of the people at these shows are going to every show, you obviously didn't attempt to get tickets to any of these shows, which have been some of the hardest to get on the tour.

so let's go at a very generous number of 4,000 people who will be at most or all of the shows... which i think is rediculously too high, but what the hell... so that's 18,000 for the first, 14,000 for the next 9... which comes to 144,000 people.

at approx. 50,000 per stadium gig at giants stadium (with the back closed off, using the rolling stones current stadium shows as a reference) that's two sold out shows, plus one show at 88% capacity... and that's only if each person only attended one show... which obviously won't happen... and is also not taking into effect the many people who were shut out for tickets on this tour... which is a lot, even in the new york area (don't forget that the NYC metro area has between 16 and 20 million people living there)

and on a side note... anyone who wants to argue over the war in iraq, please go to FYM... this isn't the place.

Last edited:
blueeyedgirl said:
WHERE DO YOU PEOPLE GET OFF!!!! :mad:

What is it about Americans thinking they are ENTITLED to another leg?????

perhaps you need to grow up and start using your brains as something other than a ear divider.

Go on, flame away.

We also get to use our brains to take in as many U2 shows as we please.:wave:

We'll let you know how they are.:blahblah:

And that should be AN ear divider. Where did you go to school? Australia?:lol:

Last edited:
WHY THE HELL ARE WE TALKING ABOUT WAR (and not the U2 album!) IN A THREAD ABOUT THE VERTIGO TOUR??

*ahem*

I do think U2 should cover the rest of the world (Australia, Japan, South America, hey maybe even Africa!) before they consider coming back to the U.S., but you know what? I'm not U2's official touring manager, I don't make these decisions, so don't blame ME if U2 comes back to America for a stadium tour :shrug:

AtomicBono said:
WHY THE HELL ARE WE TALKING ABOUT WAR (and not the U2 album!) IN A THREAD ABOUT THE VERTIGO TOUR??

*ahem*

I do think U2 should cover the rest of the world (Australia, Japan, South America, hey maybe even Africa!) before they consider coming back to the U.S., but you know what? I'm not U2's official touring manager, I don't make these decisions, so don't blame ME if U2 comes back to America for a stadium tour :shrug:

U2 should never go to Australia!!!!!!!!!!

There should be a rule that a country must first invent something before getting a U2 show.

Sorry Australia. The free ride is over!

:rockon:

Just a reminder to keep this civilized

It doesn't matter that our friend Oneflick was so looking forward to seeing U2 for the second time sometime next year, but he won't cos he was killed on his honeymoon. He'll never have the chance.

And while this is a sad story, I am REALLY failing to see how this relates to anything and becomes part of the argument against "selfish americans" :huh:

Last edited:
DanB said:

There should be a rule that a country must first invent something before getting a U2 show.

Sorry cockhead..... on a per capita basis Australians have produced and invented far more than americans could dream of....also sporting wise we kick your weeny asses.:mad:

So shut the hell up!!

If anything U2 shouldn't tour america again till they've brought out a new album....and all that not before touring Australia and South America.

Por favor amigos! Calma se. Mejor que tomamos una cervezar y tenemos un buen tiempo.:hug:

stagman said:

Sorry cockhead..... on a per capita basis Australians have produced and invented far more than americans could dream of....also sporting wise we kick your weeny asses.:mad:

So shut the hell up!!

If anything U2 shouldn't tour america again till they've brought out a new album....and all that not before touring Australia and South America.

Yes, thanks for the boomarang. I use mine a lot.

I'm an American, and I hope U2 goes to Australia. I hope they go everywhere else, cause everyone deserves to see them. I think this thread started as an analysis of where U2 could play stadiums in America, and how they should've done stadiums on the 3rd leg some. You guys should all stop being so sensitive. This is a message board on a U2 forum for god sakes!

U2 could've done the following stadium shows:

NYC x 4
Boston x 3
Phili x 2
D.C. x 2
Montreal
Toronto x 2
Chicago x 3
Detroit
Atlanta
Miami
Dallas
Denver
Phoenix
LA x 3
San Fran x 2
Seattle

possibly a show in Ohio and SLC would work too.

DanB said:

Please note that all Americans are not rude, and do not feel negative toward Australians. Many do however take offense to small minded people speaking for Americans as a whole.

I, an American who speaks only for herself, believe that U2 is gonna rock the house in Australia...you just wait and see!

StlElevation said:
america should get all of 2006 to ourselves. 5 shows in every city.

Its people like you that ruin it for all Americans. No wonder the world thinks America is filled with a bunch of selfish, ignorant bullies. Its the few retards like you and GW Bush that ruin it for intellectual, normal Americans.
I think before U2 even considers going back to do more shows in Ny or Boston they can tour the rest of the world and even parts of the US and Canada that don't have a tour date close by.

BBBad11 said:

Its people like you that ruin it for all Americans. No wonder the world thinks America is filled with a bunch of selfish, ignorant bullies. Its the few retards like you and GW Bush that ruin it for intellectual, normal Americans.
I think before U2 even considers going back to do more shows in Ny or Boston they can tour the rest of the world and even parts of the US and Canada that don't have a tour date close by.

Um, I think StlElevation was being sarcastic?? :eyebrow: calm down, dude.

Actually I think all of the posts were saracastic except the one that said americans should use their brains. Oddly enough, nobody is complaining about that one.

Now damnit Australia invent something!

BBBad11 said:

you're right, i WAS being a dumb person. im sorry.

i mean, really, what was i thinking saying they should do all of 2006 here and tour every city? it was selfish to say that US should get five shows per city in 06.

they shouldn't get 5 shows per city. I mean places like Boise don't deserve five shows.

what I REALLY meant was in 06, U2 should tour the US, give Boston 6 shows in a span of 2 weeks, then do the same in New York after stopping in Hartford for two, then head to Albany because they didn't do that yet on Vertigo like they did on Elevation. Tour arenas like that until March.

they can take a break for April and then in May do stadiums in the US. Gillete Stadium, the Meadowlands, Sun Devil Stadium, Superdome etc...

and they can do that until the NFL Season starts roughly in late August

They can then break in September

and then from October onward get in about 30 more arena dates in the US, ending Christmas day in Boston.

So they probably could get about 30 stadium shows in or so and about 70 arena gigs. about 100 shows for the US in 06 by U2. what a great year.

thanks for pointing out the errors in my ways.

and after that christmas gig they plan a secret show outside the whitehouse on new years eve and then open with new years day and play into 2007!!! So U2 in US 06/07 Tour. Hells yes.

Last edited:
BBBad11 said:

Man, you have GOT to be kidding me! I swear, its apparant some Americans cant handle things said tongue and cheek. No my friend, people like YOU give Americans just as bad of a rep. I wouldn't live anywhere else, I'm not the wear the red, white and blue on my sleeve type, but I'm certainly proud to be an American. Intellectual please, that is a load of crap. That is code for, I'm looking down my nose at you if you dont agree with my political stance. You are as bad as the people you are complaining about.

I just cant believe how this thread deteriorated. Its a rock TOUR folks. Everyone needs to get a grip here. I probebly need to as well, but some of you are saying such inane crap it makes it tough not to comment.

Blue Room said:

Man, you have GOT to be kidding me! I swear, its apparant some Americans cant handle things said tongue and cheek. No my friend, people like YOU give Americans just as bad of a rep. I wouldn't live anywhere else, I'm not the wear the red, white and blue on my sleeve type, but I'm certainly proud to be an American. Intellectual please, that is a load of crap. That is code for, I'm looking down my nose at you if you dont agree with my political stance. You are as bad as the people you are complaining about.

I just cant believe how this thread deteriorated. Its a rock TOUR folks. Everyone needs to get a grip here. I probebly need to as well, but some of you are saying such inane crap it makes it tough not to comment.

i think he is canadian

so it is alright for him to use the selfish and ignorant stereotype regarding Americans

Chizip said:

i think he is canadian

so it is alright for him to use the selfish and ignorant stereotype regarding Americans

:lol: well, that explains it then! (I'M JOKING CANADIANS OUT THERE, just so thats clear!! :laugh: )

StlElevation said:

you're right, i WAS being a dumb person. im sorry.

i mean, really, what was i thinking saying they should do all of 2006 here and tour every city? it was selfish to say that US should get five shows per city in 06.

they shouldn't get 5 shows per city. I mean places like Boise don't deserve five shows.

what I REALLY meant was in 06, U2 should tour the US, give Boston 6 shows in a span of 2 weeks, then do the same in New York after stopping in Hartford for two, then head to Albany because they didn't do that yet on Vertigo like they did on Elevation. Tour arenas like that until March.

they can take a break for April and then in May do stadiums in the US. Gillete Stadium, the Meadowlands, Sun Devil Stadium, Superdome etc...

and they can do that until the NFL Season starts roughly in late August

They can then break in September

and then from October onward get in about 30 more arena dates in the US, ending Christmas day in Boston.

So they probably could get about 30 stadium shows in or so and about 70 arena gigs. about 100 shows for the US in 06 by U2. what a great year.

thanks for pointing out the errors in my ways.

and after that christmas gig they plan a secret show outside the whitehouse on new years eve and then open with new years day and play into 2007!!! So U2 in US 06/07 Tour. Hells yes.

:lol: I love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom