Special Ellipse Tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChargedVT

Refugee
I was looking on Ebay and on a couple of occasions I've seen people hawking off General Admission tickets to the upcoming Aussie gigs, and apparently they are tickets that automatically let you into the Ellipse.
Now I was under the impression that it was first in best dressed, and I've not seen a single mention from the ticketing agencies about any "Ellipse" tickets.
Anyone know if these tickets are for real or if they are frauds?
Were any tickets like these sold for the European stadium gigs?

No ellipse but there is a gold circle at the fron which in Europe held about 3-4,000. It was first come first served everywhere except Brussels where those tickets were sold.

well some special "ellipse packages" were sold for the brisbane show through the venue website, each ticket was around $300 AU and provided some kind of food and drink prior to the show and "guarrenteed" entry to the "ellipse" :S

i duno if that means that just those people get in or not...... i hope thats not the go, the ticketmaster site specified right up to the front as GA, so im assuming they will let a certain number of people with the venue tickets to go up the front and a certain number of normal GA holders to go up aswell....

That sounds a bit like the 'corporate host' tickets I saw on trademe.co.nz earlier, apparently guaranteed front row where noone else but corporate host people will be :huh: .

I can pretty much confirm these are corporate tickets. I work in funds management and people around me have these tickets courtesy of brokers. Not me... I got my tickets the proper way.

I was of the idea that corporates usually set up their little snobby areas around the mixing desk enclosure and not at the very front. Any ideas?

AndrewCowley said:
I can pretty much confirm these are corporate tickets. I work in funds management and people around me have these tickets courtesy of brokers. Not me... I got my tickets the proper way.

I was of the idea that corporates usually set up their little snobby areas around the mixing desk enclosure and not at the very front. Any ideas?

Well, I'll post a link to one of the trade me ads here, but one ad says "The promoter Michael Coppell Presents has guaranteed that you will be one of 3000 who will gain access to the inner circle." :huh:

Here's the link:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Concert-tickets/auction-71249431.htm

I'd really laugh if those tickets actually say "ellipse" because there is no ellipse! Now a special VIP or Gold Circle area in front I have heard, there will be such i Hawaii too.

Carek1230 said:
I'd really laugh if those tickets actually say "ellipse" because there is no ellipse! Now a special VIP or Gold Circle area in front I have heard, there will be such i Hawaii too.

they do

34_1.jpg

This concerns me alot...

At Manchester I security guards were SELLING wristband off for 20 quid, i was baffled, i had been there all day and then that started happening, i demanded to see the security manager, he never came, but i was loud and spoke for the 500 people at my gate. Needless to say we got wristbands but this really pisses me off.

Can anyone shed any light on the sydney situation? are there seperate GA tickets with guarenteed access to elipse?

There won't be an ellipse, but there might be a FENCE @ Brisbane...

u2map28nov.GIF

Is that not a fence around the stage?. Methinks it's because it is a smaller oval, the ellipse has been installed.

As for the other concerts, there isn't one. Why? Just look at the layouts:

U2_24th.jpg

U2.jpg

There are no "fences" at these venues, and was backed up with an email from ticketmaster. "First come first serve".

As for Brisbane, ah well...

PietroChocko said:
There won't be an ellipse, but there might be a FENCE @ Brisbane...

u2map28nov.GIF

Is that not a fence around the stage?. Methinks it's because it is a smaller oval, the ellipse has been installed.

As for the other concerts, there isn't one. Why? Just look at the layouts:

U2_24th.jpg

U2.jpg

There are no "fences" at these venues, and was backed up with an email from ticketmaster. "First come first serve".

As for Brisbane, ah well...

There is an inner barrier or "Ellipse" for Brisbane. Corporate packages were sold through QSAC which include guaranteed access to the inner barrier/ellipse. However, QSAC have confirmed that only 1000 of these were sold and the inner barrier/ellipse holds 4000. Therefore, it is a first come, first served basis for those of us who bought a normal general admission ticket to get in to it. Hope this clarifies the situation!

but usually theres some sort of barrier anyway in the standing arena in concerts.... so everyone doesnt rush the stage..

What about admission to the Ellipse (front of stage area) and arena standing area?
The Ellipse area and general arena standing area are unreserved. Queuing for admission to these areas will be permitted at Telstra Stadium gates from 9am on the day of the concert.

The entry process will be determined by the promoter on the day and will be subject to arrival patterns.

Can I hold a space for friends in the Ellipse or general arena standing area?
No. You are not permitted to reserve any area by use of rugs or tarpaulins. Fold-up chairs or stools are not permitted in the Stadium, and therefore not on the arena floor.

Please note, only patrons ticketed to the arena floor will have access to this area. Other ticketholders are not permitted to visit the arena floor.

from telstra stadium site

Back
Top Bottom