South American show broadcast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the first buenos aires show will also be broadcasted by cable tv )cablevision)

looks like we might get all 3. The Brazilian one I can only find mentions of on U2 sites but the other two are both easy to find online.

Now i can't read spanish, i'm one of them many thick english people who is monolingual, so here are a couple of snippets i found:

TVN - Chile
U2 VERTIGO TOUR 2006: TVN Canal Oficial en Chile
U2 llegará a Chile para ofrecer un espectáculo de primer nivel. TVN será el Canal oficial.

La banda ha obtenido el récord de taquilla en el 2005. Durante el año recién pasado realizó más de 90 conciertos, a su gira han asistido más de 3 millones de personas.

El grupo irlandés se presentará en el Estadio Nacional el 26 de Febrero a las 21:00 hrs., luego de casi 8 años sin pisar suelo chileno.

Cablevision - Argentina
there's an obvious advert on the front page of http://www.cablevision.com.ar/

Is there going to be a full broadcast of the Santiago and Buenos Aires shows?

Or will there be commercials, narrators, interruptions...

Sao Paulo broadcast - update

GloboTv will start broadcast at 21:45h (national broadcast)

Multishow will start at 22:00h (cable)

The thing is Franz Ferdinand plays from 20:00h-20:40h. U2 will get up on stage at 21:15h, as the local promoter said today.

So there is a gap. GloboTv won't be the full thing.

Multishow has a delay of 45min but i believe would be the full concert. Anyway i'll record both...

Whoever will be so kind as to record & post it for the rest of us :applaud:

:wink:

no, really...:applaud:

Thank you AmagnyZoid! We really appreciate it.

djerdap said:
Thank you AmagnyZoid! We really appreciate it.

Absolutely. :yes: I think it can't be stressed enough how grateful those of us who can't see many concerts are of the people who record shows--especially video!--and then share. :bow:

RA-D said:
TVN - Chile
U2 VERTIGO TOUR 2006: TVN Canal Oficial en Chile
U2 llegará a Chile para ofrecer un espectáculo de primer nivel. TVN será el Canal oficial.

La banda ha obtenido el récord de taquilla en el 2005. Durante el año recién pasado realizó más de 90 conciertos, a su gira han asistido más de 3 millones de personas.

El grupo irlandés se presentará en el Estadio Nacional el 26 de Febrero a las 21:00 hrs., luego de casi 8 años sin pisar suelo chileno.

This article only says that TVN will the official TV Channel for U2 in Chile but that doesn't mean they will broadcast the show, and from what I've seen and heard here in Chile is very possible they won't.

ATTENTION: Globo TV broadcasted yesterday the Rolling Stones' show in Rio and they had 3 commercial brakes. However I think they knew exactly when to go to the brakes cause the first two happened during songs that went on for 7-8 minutes so when they came back from the brake the songs were still on, and close to its end and you just lost like 2 minutes of them (those songs by the way were The Midnight Rambler and Miss You). The third brake happened when The Stones left the stage, before the encore, and they came back from this brake just when The Stones came back to do 2 more songs. So I think the TV station knew when to do this. I believe that the same thing might happen with U2, the only problem is that U2 don't have those long songs, for the exception of Bad so we'll have to wait and see. Maybe they will play Bad and some 3 or 4 minutes into it they go to a brake. That would be shitty as hell but I’m not sure if it will happen, we’ll just have to wait and see. I'm just saying that now so that people don't get disappointed later.

Thanks a lot, BrazilianFly, for that info.
So, the Globo TV won't be broadcasting the whole show (it will be 30 minutes late) and I hope there will be as little breaks as possible.
I read somewhere there is a possibility that Multishow will broadcast the whole show.

The broadcast will start at GloboTv at 21:45h but as i've seen in this morning news from the network is that it would the whole concert. What i understood from it is that it won't be live but with 30 min delay.
Multishow will start at 22:00h, quite probably the full concert.
It would be nice if Multishow broadcast the concert in its integrity, because the audio from GloboTv is mono and Multishow is STEREO.

How many breaks and commercials can we expect, AmagnyZoid?
What about commentaries?

The Rolling Stones broadcast had a break at every 30min or so. It was 3 of them.
Commentaries were minimum. The guy only introduced the band and at the breaks said things like "this is The Rolling Stones in Copacabana, will be right back", and "now we're back to Copacabana with The Rolling Stones". No "funny jokes".
U2 coverege might be like this.

Globo TV is definitely stereo. I belive the same thing that happened with the STones will happen today: same feed from both Globo and MultiShow, commercial breaks at the exact same times. And I really don't think there will be a tape delay, I think it is much more likely that the show itself will start a little later than printed on the tickets. Both Globo and Multishow will start their broadcasts at 10:20 PM....

AmagnyZoid said:
The broadcast will start at GloboTv at 21:45h but as i've seen in this morning news from the network is that it would the whole concert. What i understood from it is that it won't be live but with 30 min delay.
Multishow will start at 22:00h, quite probably the full concert.
It would be nice if Multishow broadcast the concert in its integrity, because the audio from GloboTv is mono and Multishow is STEREO.

My mistake, it seems to be mono indeed... and all this time I thought it was stereo, I guess I need to visit my ear doctor! ;)

The transmission was definitely on a time delay, and apparently nothing was lost during the commercial breaks (three that I remember). The bad news is that Globo decided to add portuguese subtitles with portuguese translations of the lyrics,, and this was a little distracting,, but oh well... Multishow did have the subtitles as well.

Edu BH said:
Globo TV is definitely stereo. I belive the same thing that happened with the STones will happen today: same feed from both Globo and MultiShow, commercial breaks at the exact same times. And I really don't think there will be a tape delay, I think it is much more likely that the show itself will start a little later than printed on the tickets. Both Globo and Multishow will start their broadcasts at 10:20 PM....

Last edited:
So did both Globo and Multishow broadcast the entire concert?

Were they the same camera angles/footage?

Any details appreciated as I can't wait to see this DVD!

humm according to chilean sites, TVN network that did broadcast the popmart gig would not air the vertigo due to much expensive right costs
:sad:

U2Man said:
CRAP :rant:

What about Buenos Saires, then?!

It will be broadcasted, but only by local cable (Cablevision)... I do not know if it is live but we would need someone with access to local cable to record it and then torrent it.

Back
Top Bottom