Sources for concert setlists.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
After a couple of Toronto shows without any source for the setlist party, I figured this warranted a thread. What we need are volunteers who can either:

1. Text the set during a show they're attending.
2. Receive texts and post them at the setlist party.

So please post here if you are willing to send/receive texts and what shows you're available for. We want to make sure that for each show, the people sending/receiving are in the same country to avoid high international charges.

Right now, we need a Canadian to receive texts tomorrow night from snowbunny00774. We're also looking for volunteers for other shows. If you can send/receive for any of them, don't forget to include your e-mail in a post so that you can be contacted.

Thank you! :)

I know of someone who is going to 2 Boston shows, the first in each month, and is trying to get tix to the other two. I can take his texts.

Last edited:
i'll do it for Los Angeles 1. if nuke126 is off work that night i'll text him. if not, well, then i'll just need a phone number :sexywink:

I should be receiving the setlist from NSW on 9/20. Waiting for him to confirm this, but it's in the works (I hope!)

Snowbunny still needs someone for tonight's show, Ax. Somebody in Canada so she can text w/o the international charges.

She texted me earlier today, saying:
"If you get a chance today or tonight can you check if anyone in Ontario is available with their cell tonight for me to text? Give them my # or just give it to Ax and tell him to get on it."

Theedge070 said:
Snowbunny still needs someone for tonight's show, Ax. Somebody in Canada so she can text w/o the international charges.

She texted me earlier today, saying:
"If you get a chance today or tonight can you check if anyone in Ontario is available with their cell tonight for me to text? Give them my # or just give it to Ax and tell him to get on it."

Argh, this is frustrating. SURELY there is someone here who'll be home for the show. You don't have to do anything more strenuous than RECEIVE texts and post the songs on the setlist party. I truly hope we don't have a source at the show with no recipient, especially considering how exciting Toronto IV's set could be!

If any Ontarians can take the texts, please contact Theedge070 here and he'll pass your number on to snowbunny00774 who's at the show.

I'll be in the 300's for MSG, so I can do that. I'll be trying to send pics to the blog (vertiblog) so you guys can link to those photos for real time info.

I figured out the emailing part and ended up texting/emailing the edge, but I see in the party thread he said I didn't...he must not have recieved them...I even got the people with me to send the info when I was too busy being manic in the stands!! Glad you guys had other sources though..it was amazing. Anyway..back to topic, if anyone needs someone to receive from a source for the other CDN shows I will gladly do it and post to the parties..let me know (whiterabbit74@hotmail.com).

btw, if you put the most common songs into your phone before hand, it helps you text faster, so you aren't dialing the whole time you're at the concert. Just scroll and click :D

bombergirl1978 said:
btw, if you put the most common songs into your phone before hand, it helps you text faster, so you aren't dialing the whole time you're at the concert. Just scroll and click :D

That's what I did for Boston II. It worked great until Bono started screaming Out of Control, then my plan went to hell.:wink:

Queen Bee said:
I'll be receiving setlist updates from arw9797 for the Milwaukee show this Sunday :)

Awesome! :D

Anyone up for Minneapolis?

I'd love to recieve the text messages for the setlists. So anyone who would like to, can send me TM's for any shows this fall.

Thanks!

I can receive every night

I can send for 10/4 Boston, but I perfer to be back up.. because when I hear MOFO I will be like WTF is this song?! :wink:

I'm usually at the party - on Cingular Wireless if that matters. I can take a few parties/calls for the team :wink:

I won't be around for 10/22 Pittburgh. I'm going to a concert (Queen/Paul Rodgers)

Lila, did you see Queen back when they actually were Queen and not this pseudo-Princess?

Yes, I saw Queen WITH Freddy - I believe it was 'The Game' tour. Freddy was a great performer - I remember them putting on a great show at an outdoor venue. Oh, those were the days my friend :drool:

Never saw Bad Co., or any Paul Rodgers related bands. And Maddy was not fortunate to be alive in the early 80s, so this way she can still experience the songs, and hopefully have a good time. She wanted to go as well as me wanting to check it out, so it will just be the 2 of us at the Hollywood Bowl...

I'm jealous!

I'd like to know how you think pseudo-Princess stacks up against Queen. The way I feel, it's just not Queen without Freddie (and if I remember correctly, one of the others isn't involved either), so I wouldn't go. Or if I did, I don't really feel I could say I've seen Queen.

I've heard a couple songs on the radio of Queen/Rodgers. It ok. But you can't resurrect the man from the dead, so... it's the next best thing. And yes, Brian May & Roger Taylor + some hired guns. I still think it will be a rockin' show (I like Rodgers voice, and some Bad Co./Firm/Free work, so...). I'd rather see a live concert than none at all, but that's just me... :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom