Sound from the floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2fan05

War Child
Glendale was my first GA experience and on the 1st night, i thought it was real loud and hard to hear at times what Bono was saying. By the time the show was about over, the loud bass and the ringing in my ear made Bono's voice sound real high pitched and awful.

The 2nd night, my ears were still ringing so I wore ear plugs and Bono's voice sounded a lot better to me.

All that said, I was wondering if anyone relates to this and if that's how it sounds from the floor in all the arenas

Thanks

Well, i'll try to explain a little better...
I thought from the floor it was so loud that the bass drowned out Bono's voice. The speakers are aimed right at you. The acoustics were pretty bad. The 2nd night i wore earplugs and I was able to hear bono better since it didnt sound so freakin loud. I was wondering if anyone else relates to this or if everyone else is used to the super loud concert.

I haven't seen this tour yet, but on Elevation the sound from the floor was pretty good, not too loud. And no where near as loud as The Who, Kiss or Black Sabbath. It's a wonder I have any hearing left after those shows.

U2fan05 said:
Well, i'll try to explain a little better...
I thought from the floor it was so loud that the bass drowned out Bono's voice. The speakers are aimed right at you. The acoustics were pretty bad. The 2nd night i wore earplugs and I was able to hear bono better since it didnt sound so freakin loud. I was wondering if anyone else relates to this or if everyone else is used to the super loud concert.

During the Elevation Tour, we saw the band in 'Vegas; we were about 75 feet from Adam...I felt like I was getting kicked in the chest with every beat.

And I've taken to wearing earplugs this tour; worn 'em twice with no problems...:up:

I had GA's for Elevation, but I was outside the heart, on Edge's side, didn't really have trouble hearing Bono.

I had bleeders for the current tour so far, but I did notice the bass more, like it was louder but that could also be, because I actually paid attention to the bass more this time around. For Elevation, I was still a bit of newbie so I was mostly focused on Bono and Edge, what they were doing. 4 years later, I'm more tuned it to what the whole band is doing, so I noticed the bass more, the drums more.

However, on a few songs, like "Love and Peace" the bass...you could feel the arena shaking from it.

I've been on the floor (FOB DFC) almost every night, and it sounds frickin' great. It's from the same spot where the high quality recordings were taped, and they sound awesome.

maybe it's your ears. jk. but...

i was on the floor in San Diego and San Jose, and the sound was great, i was front row in SJ - the sound was fantastic!!!

Kings of Leon seemed louder to me than U2 on the floor in Phoenix.

It could be that once U2 started, I didn't care how loud it was.

Back
Top Bottom