Sorry but this is a disgrace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronan2standstil

The Fly
Where do I start?

-hundreds of fans ticketless having paid $40 membership fees for a substandard site that didn't let them in even when some people will have taken mornings off work etc

-playing ONE SHOW in your hometown is just an insult

-there will be people with fast internet connections in California who snap up tickets for e.g the Dublin show while lifelong fans who queue in the rain and live in Dublin don't get any

-there is no rhyme nor reason behing the European scheduling at all. I have a penfriend who is a huge U2 fan living in Romania, one of Europe's poorest countries. I don;t think she even earns $100 a month, so she has no chance of getting to her nearest show, which seems to be in Poland. And why one show there and none in the rest of Eastern Europe? I have a good mind to give her one of my 4 London tickets (yes, I am one of the lucku ones but still vv angry on behalf of the rest of you) and send the bill for her flight to Paul McGuinness. And why does North America get 2 legs while Europe only gets one, and tons of places don't get played at all? As far as I am concerned once you are at this level of stardom you should be looking to bring yuor music to people who wouldn't otherwise get to hear it, now that would set an example to the Madonnas of this world

V annoyed for everyone let down by this

The problem is we just don't know if there are "hundreds of fans ticketless".

One show per city - this might well change come Friday if/when they sell out. That's why there's gaps in the schedule.

Scalpers and distriubtion of tickets is always a problem, no matter what bands try to do to solve this, tickets always end up in peoples' hands who some might think don't deserve to get them.

Totally agree about the price though. U2 have always distanced themselves from certain artists who charge huge fees, but not any more.

At least there's the main sale on Friday.

IMHO there will be more than one hometown show, there are plenty of days off between the cities, and no reason why additional shows won't be added "due to public demand".

there is much less disposable income on average in the eastern side of europe, this is why U2 have chosen not to play there, they have decided to maimise their income, and play countries where they can sell out shows where the tickets will all be in the region of 60euro - 120 euro.

I feel very let down that this tour is so commercial in this way, however it is what i expected, unfortunately.

There will be more shows added after the first is sold out. Your username is a disgrace.

I will ignore the last comment. As for the others, if dates are added to Dublin and other cities, well and good, but it took the intervention of the Irish government last time and its hard to foresee m(any) dates being added due to logistics and the need to book venues in advance. There are few sizeable enough venues in Dublin, maybe 2 or 3 and many of them will be booked by other acts, sports events etc. OK perhaps they have provisionally reserved venues for other dates and are waiting to see what the demand is like, but this is just speculation. And really the prices are much too high for many people. Just because I can afford it myself doesn't mean its right.

Ronan2standstil said:
I will ignore the last comment. As for the others, if dates are added to Dublin and other cities, well and good, but it took the intervention of the Irish government last time and its hard to foresee m(any) dates being added due to logistics and the need to book venues in advance. There are few sizeable enough venues in Dublin, maybe 2 or 3 and many of them will be booked by other acts, sports events etc. OK perhaps they have provisionally reserved venues for other dates and are waiting to see what the demand is like, but this is just speculation. And really the prices are much too high for many people. Just because I can afford it myself doesn't mean its right.

it took the interference of the government because of the venue they played at croke park they dont have that problem...ill bet my life on it they will play dublin more then once (i think it will be 3)

its way to expensive to build up the stage and stuff for just 1 concert ....BTW bono needs a new car so this is easy money he can even sleep at home that evening...:wink:

djerdap said:
There will be more shows added after the first is sold out. Your username is a disgrace.
Bitching at people for no good reason isn't going to get any of us anywhere. So cut it out.

Look at all the room to add dates. It already appears there is a show on the 19th in London to be added the second the 18th sells out.

I am sure U2 will be adding more dates and I expect time to prove me right.

Yes they will add more dates in W. Europe and the U.S., that doesnt solve what he said later in his post about Eastern Europe not getting any shows. If "worldly" Bono cares about the world so much they should play the world is my feeling.

ascender_RS said:
The fact there's so many tix for sale on eBay already is the biggest disgrace in all of this.

I'd blame the sellers rather than ebay itself (or is that what you meant?)

djerdap said:

Please do not personally attack other members. It is against our rules.

Back
Top Bottom