Soo if youve seen more than one U2 show answer this for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2_Refugee

The Fly
My first U2 concert was the best experience ever! So I really needed to see another one thats why i saved up all of my money so i can see them in hawaii. I feel like when I get there Im going to compare it to my first show..but is the second one good? its a weird question but what does your second show feel like?!
U2 cant disappoint me but i dunno. .. .

Depends on your expectation. Don't expect the setlist to change much. Bono might even say the same things in between songs.

Whilst the music and the level of the performance from the band won't vary much your personal experience can vary a lot depending on your position. So say for your first show the people around you were subdued but for the second show they are "up" then I'd bet you would end remembering the 2nd show as being better.

You will always remember your first show since that is special for obvious reasons. But other shows are really just as good.

Without getting overy analytical... if you can afford it then do it.

Well, I saw them for my first time in May 2005. I had pretty bad seats, and the setlist was the complete standard set.

Then I saw them again that following October on the 3rd leg. I bought GA tickets and camped out with a friend from 10 AM the morning of the show. I ended up three rows back from the ellipse, dead center, and it was absolutely MINDBLOWING. The first show I saw was really good and all, and stood up to my expectations, but the second show was AMAZING. Being on the floor really does make a difference. It's that much better.

Plus, that was the 10-17 show in Philly, which was one of the most awesome shows of the entire leg. Acoustic Walk On, Fast Cars, and People Get Ready with Bruce Springsteen!!! Plus the crowd was really awesome that night.

So yeah, my second show was much better, but it all has to do with the circumstances. :shrug:

It could be better, it may not be as good. Its all about the circumstances. My first U2 show was great but I had absolute crap seats. Its definately a memorable experience but I wouldnt put that first show anywhere near the top of U2 shows I have seen. So if you can afford it, have the plans and tickets, GO! You wont be disappointed. U2 at their worst is typically miles above most other artists. That will be the final show and Pearl Jam is opening. Sounds like a can't miss to me.

my first U2 show was popmart 98. i loved it and had a really awsome time.

but then my 2nd live U2 experience was brisbane vertigo, and WOW, it blew me away. it was the most wonderful and magical day of my life and the only thing that can top it is another wonderful U2 show!

Lancemc said:

Plus, that was the 10-17 show in Philly, which was one of the most awesome shows of the entire leg. Acoustic Walk On, Fast Cars, and People Get Ready with Bruce Springsteen!!! Plus the crowd was really awesome that night.

Crowds in Philly are always awesome. :up:

I first saw U2 in 1985 on the UF tour when I was a senior in high school. I've made it a point to see them twice on each tour since. I have to say each show is memorable in its own way. I like to see them in my hometown and also plan a trip out of town. I've actually been able to see the country going to U2 shows. Keep a scrapbook. I'll be in Hawaii too to top off 20 years!

U2_Refugee said:
I feel like when I get there Im going to compare it to my first show..but is the second one good?

I've seen four U2 shows (with six more to come). The second one was the best, with the third almost as good.

quadcaster said:
my first U2 show was popmart 98. i loved it and had a really awsome time.

but then my 2nd live U2 experience was brisbane vertigo, and WOW, it blew me away. it was the most wonderful and magical day of my life and the only thing that can top it is another wonderful U2 show!

Well quadcaster you gave you sunglasses to Bono at Brsibane and he wore the through a whole song, of course it should be mind blowing hehehe.

Cask said:

Well quadcaster you gave you sunglasses to Bono at Brsibane and he wore the through a whole song, of course it should be mind blowing hehehe.

hehehe too right :wink:

the next shows could be interesting if he decides to wear them again :wink:

My first was last year. The second was better because I was on the floor (instead of behind the stage) and the first show I saw was one of the worse of the tour. The favorite show so far was my #5 the one when I just had the most fun. It wasn't necessarily the best show as far as U2's performance and the setlist, but it was the most fun for me. My second favorite was the last one I saw, #9. Didn't have as great of a spot as some of the others, but I just let loose and had fun, thinking it was my last show. Now I'm going to Hawaii for a belated honeymoon...

I was 11 when I saw my first U2 show (Dad took me) and I just remember being very excited. Afterwards, U2 were my idols and have been ever since. After that show my Dad took me to see them at Wembley Arena on the Joshua Tree Tour and I remember being more excited than the first time, simply because U2 were now my favorite band and the album they were touring had 11 masterpieces on it and they didn't disappoint.

By the time I saw them on the Lovetown Tour and Zoo TV, Zooropa, Pop, Elevation and now Vertigo the excitement of seeing them never changed no matter whether it was the 4th show I was attending in 5 days or the first show I was attending in a couple of years.

For me, although I've loved all the shows I've attended for one reason or another, for sheer quality of performance and the band enjoying themselves with a stunning crowd reaction from the first to the last chord, I would have to say London, Earls Court, August 19th 2001 was my favorite show. Just seven days before I saw them play the worst I've seen them, in Manchester (12th) , but even then their worst was better than some bands best!!

Just go to your second show and lose yourself in the music and you'll have a great time. Whether it ends up better than your first U2 experience or not really doesn't matter as long as you enjoy it.

Blue Room said:
U2 at their worst is typically miles above most other artists. That will be the final show and Pearl Jam is opening. Sounds like a can't miss to me.

:yes:

First show was on the "War" tour.
Every show is different and will/may hold different meaning for you. And for me, your location in the arena can make or break a show. I mean it will still be great, but being in the rafters versus being on the floor - no comparison. The shows that I had GA for were much better to me than the seats, but that's just me.

See ya in Hawaii! :wave:

Quadcaster...I was like 5m up to the right of you along the barrier, & 2hrs before the show even started, I said to those in our group..."check out that guys Fly shades...I don't think Ive seen a better pair since Bono's real ones..."......& we were in hysterics when Bono Eyed them out & knabbed em from ya....

Awesome moment....

U2_Refugee said:
My first U2 concert was the best experience ever! So I really needed to see another one thats why i saved up all of my money so i can see them in hawaii. I feel like when I get there Im going to compare it to my first show..but is the second one good? its a weird question but what does your second show feel like?!
U2 cant disappoint me but i dunno. .. .

As nearly everyone says it kind of depends on a few of the circumstances but ultimately you will largely remember it for what those songs mean to you at the time. Knowing what the setlist is probably going to be and what the versions are, don't get let down by what they don't play and just enjoy what they do play and the version they play of it. For me not doing that at the time is most likely one of the reasons why I rank Zoo TV as my least favourite of all their tours to Australia.

Funnily enough, up until the Brisbane show the other night my 2nd show was actually my favourite. Now I'm not sure which one is, #8 or #2? Given #2 was in the Lovetown tour in '89 my memory is a little bit hazy so maybe I'll settle for calling it a draw...

Blue Room said:
U2 at their worst is typically miles above most other artists. That will be the final show and Pearl Jam is opening. Sounds like a can't miss to me.

:yes:

Compared to U2, most of the other concerts I've been to have fallen into the "a pleasant evening out" catergory :lol:.

I think my favorites have been the 1st, 5th, and 10th shows that I've gone to. The shows have also been great in that they gave me an excuse to travel, see the country and meet a lot of cool people.

thanksss
i had GA before and i have GA again so it should be awesome and Im just going out to have fun
see ya all in hawaii :wink:

I have seen U2 now live 18 times spanning back to POPMART. My first show was the first night at Giants Stadium. I was with tons of my friends and we tailgated, had a blast, but the show itself was not very good. U2 seemed out of synch, made tons of mistakes. their level of emotion was not there. whats funny is i went the next night at giants stadium with my brother who just complained how U2 sucked in the 90's and they played an absolute blinder to quote willie from propaganda magazine. it amazing what a difference a night makes. its still one of my favorite shows rivalling 10/19/01 in Baltimore and 10/31/01 in Providence.

I have seen them 5 times & every show has been different, but brilliant ,
except "popmart" (I just was not in a good place at that time personally) but when I see popmart now i wish and really regret how i would have enjoyed it. Zootv is my all time fave concert.

But really I think ur best best is NOT to compare, enjoy it for what it is, and what the guys have.

I dont think you can be disappointed. I've seen U2 23 times since 92, and the only show that was in any way a disappointment was one of the first shows of popmart- where they just weren't ready. Other than that they have all been great, the biggest circumstances for enjoying the show was where I was. Hawaii with PJ, last show of the tour sounds like a perfect set up for a great show. (Check out the boot of the last show of elevation- has a really great mood- sort of like a celebration).

I just really hope they come back...my seats are third level, and I want to be at a show where I'm on the floor, and I camped out with the fans.

I keep feeling a bit downcast about the whole tour because I'm only going to one show and I have third level seats...

Is there anyone here who can share their seat (esp. 3rd level) experience?

Will they come back?

COBL_04 said:
Will they come back?

Well, Bono emphasised "I know this is not goodbye" at the end of Kite in Brisbane, if that's meant to be a sign of any intention.

My first was last November...rear side view by adam. I loved it but I wasnt around super enthusiastic fans. I too scrapped up my money to go to Hawaii and this is my first GA. I cant wait and hope the floor energy blows me away! :drool:

COBL_04 said:
I just really hope they come back...my seats are third level, and I want to be at a show where I'm on the floor, and I camped out with the fans.

I keep feeling a bit downcast about the whole tour because I'm only going to one show and I have third level seats...

Is there anyone here who can share their seat (esp. 3rd level) experience?

Will they come back?

I've never done GA before and I've always had a great time :yes:.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i'll say this... when ya get down there on the floor within 5 feet of the stage and/or ellipse, and then ya see 'em again but up in the nosebleeds... it's just not the same.

I concur. I went from inside the ellipse, on the front rail between Bono and Edge to the far end of the arena, third to the last row up. Just wasn't the same, but I did enjoy getting to see the whole stage/show in my line of vision.

Back
Top Bottom