Soo if youve seen more than one U2 show answer this for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I concur with everyone who said that once you've been on the floor it's really hard to see a show from far away. Still enjoyable, but the level of emotion and energy is just not the same. To me what makes the biggest difference is not so much to be so close to the band (although that helps too :drool: ), but to be surrounded by hardcore U2 fans who for the most part are in a total trance like you are and sing all the words!

Every time I have been in seats (only once on Vertigo tour, I'll do anything to find a GA ticket), I totally enjoyed the show but the crowd around me sometimes ruined it a little. I want to see sweat and tears all around!:wink:

But to go back to the first question, although the first show will always be special, it's actually possible to keep going 'higher' from show to show. Hard to believe, but it's true! There are nights when everything comes into place, with the music, the band, the crowd, yourself, and these nights can keep coming, even when you've seen U2 mutliple times.

It's amazing really, there is a reason why so many of us become totally obsessed and just can't stop going to more shows! :drool: It's like a drug, you just want that feeling again and again!

oceane said:
But to go back to the first question, although the first show will always be special, it's actually possible to keep going 'higher' from show to show. Hard to believe, but it's true! There are nights when everything comes into place, with the music, the band, the crowd, yourself, and these nights can keep coming, even when you've seen U2 mutliple times.

It's amazing really, there is a reason why so many of us become totally obsessed and just can't stop going to more shows! :drool: It's like a drug, you just want that feeling again and again!

shows 9 and 10 of the 12 i've seen were the best for me.

My second show (May 9th 2005) was one of the best shows I have ever seen. Probably because I was inside the ellipse right in front of Adam and had some great people around me. :)

I've seen 18 so far and every single show was great in itself.
I really like the first shows of a Tour that I attend (among them three first nights).. They are great....
As someone stated before, Going to a U2 concert is like a drug...

My first concert (May 10th) was really great and I was excited to be there. But when I went to the 2nd show (September 21) it was amazing beyond words. Some great surprises in the setlist and the crowd was on fire that night! Oh and I had seats each time but they were in a good section.

my first show was at red rocks 1983.second was next night in boulder co. the band decided to hold a free concert because of first nights weather (lots of people didnt show....silly people)now after 20 years and over 40 shows going to hawaii seems like a dream come true. u2 in hawaii.....it cant get better than that.see you there

Back
Top Bottom