Songs between the opener and U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonnevoix02

The Fly
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, so I apologize if it isn't!

I was wondering if anyone knew the standard set of songs that they play between the opener and U2? I recognized some of them ("Wake Up," "Somebody Told Me," "Take Me Out," etc.), but I was wondering if anyone had more specifics (specifically for the Pittsburgh show if it varies from night to night)? There were some songs I really liked but had no idea who did them or their names.

Any help would be much appreciated!

They've changed a bit since the first leg and the current one.

One song (the best of the bunch, incidentally) that got lost was "Rock and Roll" by The Velvet Underground.

"Idioteque" is around right now (Radiohead), and I honestly can't remember whether or not it was with us in the Spring. For some unfortunate reason, I heard "Beverly Hills" (by Weezer) on both September dates in the Chi. I promptly went to the bathroom.

And there's a Bowie song...but which one? I can't remember for the life of me. Damnation...

Rebel, Rebel is the Bowie song, I think.

Two more that got lost (other than the awesome VU tune) are American Idiot by Green Day, and Leaving New York by REM.

In NYC, anyway, the first song they played on the PA after Keane left the stage was "Feel Good, Inc" by Gorillaz. Fun song.

In addition to those mentioned above, there was a Patti Smith song in the mix too, I believe.

Good call on The Cure. I, too, have heard that this leg. I don't think it was around in the Spring, though...?

they need to get howie b back up there, or some other dj. nothing better then some beats to get yourself primed up for the show.

Rock The Casbah by the Clash was played at both Chicago shows in Sept.

As was Mr. Brightside by the Killers.

If you shout... said:

One song (the best of the bunch, incidentally) that got lost was "Rock and Roll" by The Velvet Underground.

:drool: VU

yeah, they played that at my show too (Chicago 5/7), and a Television song, Venus. In fact, I was a dork and made a playlist of every song they played on the PA that I had while I was there:
The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
The Libertines - Can't Stand Me Now
The Killers - Mr. Brightside
Interpol - Obstacle 1
Modest Mouse - Float On
David Bowie - Rebel, Rebel
Television - Venus
The Velvet Underground - Rock 'n Roll
Coldplay - Clocks
and, of course
The Arcade Fire - Wake Up

of course this was a 1st leg show, dunno what they're playing now

a couple of songs by faithless are played.....

1)miss u less see u more
2)mass destruction (single)

they should release that as an album (kinda like the U2 Jukebox that came in July's MOJO magazine)......its a great mix

Back
Top Bottom