Song played before U2 takes the stage???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MBH

Acrobat
Hello everybody:

It's been a while...

After seeing 2 fabulous MSG (NYC) shows this week, I was curious to discover the name/band of the song that is played on the P.A. just before U2 hits the stage.

I may be wrong, but is sounds a bit like the Violent Femmes.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Rock on,
MBH
Long Island, NY

Dear U2,

Next tour, please no opening music. PLEASE.

Thanks,
Interference

I was surprised at your thread... :shame:

:tsk:

I almost said something smart assy to you, but now I don't have to :D

Miroslava said:
You mean like the camera sticky that no one reads?

:sad:

:scream:

Yes, but at least we can direct them to the thread and subtly tell them to read before they post.

(Sorry, no offence MBH, it's just a very common question here. :wink: )

Chizip said:
everytime someone asks this question a puppy dies :(

:lmao:

wait, that's not funny. these puppies didn't do anything to anyone, except maybe pee on some shoes.

I can't comprehend how this question is asked every two days.

GibsonGirl said:

Yes, but at least we can direct them to the thread and subtly tell them to read before they post.

(Sorry, no offence MBH, it's just a very common question here. :wink: )

I ALMOST FORGOT WHY I HADN'T POSTED ON THIS BOARD IN SEVERAL MONTHS. THANKS TO ALL THE PATHETIC, LAME-BRAIN SMART ASSES WHO WROTE STUPID, CONDESCENDING REMARKS, MY MEMORY WAS REFRESHED.

PEOPLE, IT'S A FUCKING MESSAGE BOARD. IF SOMEONE HAS A SIMPLE QUESTION, JUST ANSWER IT AND MOVE ON. MESSAGE BOARDS ARE RATHER TRIVIAL AND IRRELEVANT TO BEGING WITH. THE RULES & REGULATIONS OF THEM ARE EVEN MORE SILLY.

THOSE WITH FREQUENT POSTS MUST HAVE TOO MUCH SPARE TIME, AN UNHEALTHY OBSESSION OF U2 AND MIGHT BE DESTITUTE OF A HEALTHY SOCIAL LIFE. YES, THESE ARE ASSUMPTIONS, BUT PROBABLY ACCURATE ONES.

THOSE WHO ARE BITCHING & WHINING ABOUT MY QUESTION/POST SHOULD REALLY JUST MOVE ON AND GET A LIFE...........

MBH said:

I ALMOST FORGOT WHY I HADN'T POSTED ON THIS BOARD IN SEVERAL MONTHS. THANKS TO ALL THE PATHETIC, LAME-BRAIN SMART ASSES WHO WROTE STUPID, CONDESCENDING REMARKS, MY MEMORY WAS REFRESHED.

PEOPLE, IT'S A FUCKING MESSAGE BOARD. IF SOMEONE HAS A SIMPLE QUESTION, JUST ANSWER IT AND MOVE ON. MESSAGE BOARDS ARE RATHER TRIVIAL AND IRRELEVANT TO BEGING WITH. THE RULES & REGULATIONS OF THEM ARE EVEN MORE SILLY.

THOSE WITH FREQUENT POSTS MUST HAVE TOO MUCH SPARE TIME, AN UNHEALTHY OBSESSION OF U2 AND MIGHT BE DESTITUTE OF A HEALTHY SOCIAL LIFE. YES, THESE ARE ASSUMPTIONS, BUT PROBABLY ACCURATE ONES.

THOSE WHO ARE BITCHING & WHINING ABOUT MY QUESTION/POST SHOULD REALLY JUST MOVE ON AND GET A LIFE...........

chill.jpg

Your question was answered in the second post and you acknowledge it and you had already thanked the poster for the response.... Not sure why this reaction now... It was already mentioned that the "jokes" were not at your expense as much as the "deja vu" of a situation that has been going on for 7 months now...

MBH said:

btw im sure you're always the life of the party with these amazing social skills you are displaying

Miroslava said:
Your question was answered in the second post and you acknowledge it and you had already thanked the poster for the response.... Not sure why this reaction now... It was already mentioned that the "jokes" were not at your expense as much as the "deja vu" of a situation that has been going on for 7 months now...

Fair enough, Miroslava. I am just very surprised that some people on here think that we all read and post everyday and are as familiar with the board as others. This is a great site with great U2 resources as proven by the quickness in which I received my answer. However, if people get annoyed by popular questions that they think others should already be aware of, then why not just make a posting for "Songs on the PA b4 U2 enters the Stage" or something.

By the way, your name wouldn't have anything to do with the excellent hockey player Miroslav Satan of the NY Islanders, would it? :)

Also, great, funny post of the pic of the Chill Pill!!!!

Hey Chizip, maybe I should retract my aforementioned compliment to you after that 'shot' you just took at me in your most recent post ;-) J/K.....I'm very sociable, just surprised at the (over) reaction to my question.

I love U2 like all of us here. Let's move on and have a good weekend.

MSG, November 22nd, final night in NYC!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
MBH said:

Why are you yelling? And why do you think it makes sense to start a whole thread just to get an answer to one single question?

MBH said:

Fair enough, Miroslava. I am just very surprised that some people on here think that we all read and post everyday and are as familiar with the board as others. This is a great site with great U2 resources as proven by the quickness in which I received my answer. However, if people get annoyed by popular questions that they think others should already be aware of, then why not just make a posting for "Songs on the PA b4 U2 enters the Stage" or something.

By the way, your name wouldn't have anything to do with the excellent hockey player Miroslav Satan of the NY Islanders, would it? :)

Also, great, funny post of the pic of the Chill Pill!!!!

Are you sure you're the same guy that posted that rant? You actually seem like a normal person here :wink:

maybe the chill pill worked :hmm:

Chizip said:

Are you sure you're the same guy that posted that rant? You actually seem like a normal person here :wink:

maybe the chill pill worked :hmm:

What is the name of the second to last song played on the PA before U2 takes the stage???

Just kidding!!!!! Have a good weekend everyone!!!!!

-MBH
Chilling out in Long Island, NY

MBH said:

We had a thread like that on the first page of this forum for months on end, and we would still get new threads about it every week... :sigh:

We have finally made a sticky about the frequently asked questions thanks to U2Dork, but it is mostly a formality since we still fully expect the new threads :lol:

MBH said:

Nope... a Czech actress that worked in Mexico in the 1940s-1950 named Miroslava Sternova, though my mom didnt know it, but the woman that was named Miroslava and my mom jacked the named from was named after the actress

MBH said:

caps.jpg

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom