Song just before U2 comes on stage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FJBFisch

Babyface
What is the song that they play over the PA just before U2 comes on stage??? They played it last night in Chicago, and I assume every night of the tour...it is a very beautiful song with some very nice lyrics...any help would be appreciated

By the way, can anyone tell me the name of the song that they play immediately after the concert? Is it a Daniel Lanois song?

*edited* :reject: I'm sorry

THE MOST asked question this year... WAKE UP, by The Arcade Fire

unless they changed it....

:hmm:

"my sharona" :dancing: :dance:

Last edited:
Thanks guys...sorry it was a repetitive question...I did look around for a little bit before I asked...

Anyway, a little OT, but has anyone listened to the rest of that album by Arcade Fire?? Is it any good?

FJBFisch said:

Anyway, a little OT, but has anyone listened to the rest of that album by Arcade Fire?? Is it any good?

Oh, it's very good! You must get it. :up:

FJBFisch said:
Thanks guys...sorry it was a repetitive question...I did look around for a little bit before I asked...

not a bad album i am stillin the stages of getting into it thought. But wake up is fabulouse. I got the bootlegs for the first U2 shows of leg1 and remember hearing that song. Then when the big day came in vancouver and that song was played my excitement shot up throught the roof since i knew rite after that song U2 would be out!!!!!!!!!! and the song is great!

cleazer said:
By the way, can anyone tell me the name of the song that they play immediately after the concert? Is it a Daniel Lanois song?

Yes, it's "Still Water" by Daniel Lanois, from his excellent first album "Acadie"

All of Lanois' albums are amazing btw, I highly recommend them.

And I also urge anyone who hasn't listened to Arcade Fire's "Funeral" to go get this album right now. It's absolutely mind-blowing, Wake Up is not even the best song IMO.

oceane said:

Yes, it's "Still Water" by Daniel Lanois, from his excellent first album "Acadie"

All of Lanois' albums are amazing btw, I highly recommend them.

And I also urge anyone who hasn't listened to Arcade Fire's "Funeral" to go get this album right now. It's absolutely mind-blowing, Wake Up is not even the best song IMO.
Thanks!

I only own one Daniel Lanois album, and that ain't it.

get Funeral - The Arcade Fire is amazing - I can't wait to see what their next album will be like

I sometimes feel a little like David Bowie in the way I hype this band up to anyone who asks me what new music to buy :reject:

I think we could all do with feeling like Bowie every now and then...the man is a God after all:wink:

OT

I'm going to Arcade Fire's concert in a month... !!! :hyper:
Arcade Fire + Kings Of Leon (again) + Strokes :drool:

/OT

:wink:

The song after the show end, Still Water by Daniel Lanois has Larry Mullen on drums and Adam Clayton on bass.

Funerals is a must have album as well as Acadie.

I was telling Chizip before the show on 9/20, I have a total Pavlovian response to hearing "Wake Up". I could be walking along in 95 degree weather (and we've had a lot of that this summer in Chicago), sweating my a*s off, that song comes on my ipod and I get cold chills all over and all the hairs on my whole body stand up....because to me that song will always be associated with U2 hitting the stage in a few minutes...

I think I will get that feeling whenever I hear any of the songs played in the break between opening act and U2...but especially Wake Up. Here's a partial list of those songs, if anyone can add to it, please do, in my post-U2 HEAVEN week I can't remember them all.

Rebel Rebel
Mr. Brightside
Rock the Casbah
Idioteque
In Between Days
Float On

I went to Toronto 4 and hearing Wake Up was amazing! I was so excited I called a friend who's a big Arcade fan and had him listen to the song. Just hearing 20 thousand people singing "oh, oh,oh, oh, oh!!!" was mind-blowing.

And then the seque from Wake Up to City of Blinding Lights---words cannot describe.

Incidentally, I have several friends that respect U2 but are not fanatics like I am. As soon as they heard that Arcade Fire were opening the Montreal shows they wanted to gp to the concerts. One friend mentioned he would pay the 160$ ticket just to watch the opening act! He was kidding of course....

The Montreal shows will be awesome. I'm sure one of the few times an arena will be full or almost full to hear the opening act.

And for those that haven't already, please get "Funeral". Amazing album!

AliEnvy said:

Rebel Rebel
Mr. Brightside
Rock the Casbah
Idioteque
In Between Days
Float On

The spring leg at least they played:
Speed of Sound -Coldplay
Evil - Interpol

Latest posts

Back