Song highlight of vertigo tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the song highlights for me at the concert I went to was Original of the Species. Fell in love with it on the cd and to hear Bono do it live. Along with SYCMOY which was just absolutely beautiful. COBL was another favorite and it really got the crowd going. By the way those who got to hear WOWY are so lucky! Was really hoping that it would make an appearance but it didn't,:(. There are tons more of the songs that I loved hearing but I would just be rambling on and on and on if I were to list them,LOL.

miss becky said:
Zoo Station -- as someone who saw Zoo TV and who never dreamed she would ever hear this song played live again, this was the greatest four minutes of my life.

Love and Peace or Else is also incredible.

I agree with Zoo station....never thought i'd ever here it or see it live again....awsome....but despite all the criticism, no song brings down the house like streets....i never felt a building shake like that...

I think the ultimate song for me was Bad... I don't think I truly appreciated that song until I saw and heard it live. I honestly had never heard a better version. Any criticisms of Bono's voice become invalid after hearing Bad, because he sounded infuckincredible.

Love and Peace or Else rocked royally as an opener. Beautiful Day was also sung very well and the band really has it down. Sometimes is of course one of the emotional highlights. Sunday Bloody Sunday ROCKED and the "Father Abraham" snippet was gorgeous. Forget all the criticisms - for me, Streets was brilliant, and will always be amazing, I really think it's impossible for the band to mess it up. I think the second best song for me was actually Zoo Station. In fact, the whole Achtung set was really great, I think I had tears in my eyes when I saw the lemon-boy slot machine, despite completely missing out on ZooTV I felt incredibly nostalgic. But the intro to Zoo Station ruled and the band did the song perfectly, Bono got all the words right... and he had such ATTITUDE! The Fly really is back. He might not be dressing like The Fly but the attitude is clearly there. The song The Fly was of course rockin - The Edge was on FIRE! :wink: and MW was good... one of the single greatest moments for me was actually when the band had left, after 40, and the whole audience was singing "How long to sing this song" and we started a synchronized clap and it was truly amazing, the feeling of being a part of something much bigger than yourself... I don't care what people say, 40 is the ultimate closer.

If anyone's wondering, I was at Chicago 1.

From Glasgow either Who's gonna ride your wild horses, streets or ISHFWILF. Then again maybe WOWY just because that is my favourite song ever.

New:
They are working quite well, though I like Vertigo, Species & Miracle Drug the most.

Old
Hands down Running to Stand Still -- I love the fact the most people just listen until the Hallelujahs at the end; something very cool about that quiet moment.

Gloria is up there as well -- to count down "2-3-4" again after 20 some odd years of this is probably a top 5 U2 moment for me.

Cool thread.

corianderstem said:
Probably Love and Peace Or Else, and the Achtung Baby set.

I was also surprised at how much I liked the live versions of All Because of You and Yahweh, both improvements over the album versions.

Definitely! ABOY and Yahweh were excellent at Manchester. The Fly was mesmerising too.

achtngbby said:

Definitely! ABOY and Yahweh were excellent at Manchester. The Fly was mesmerising too.

From what I'v seen:

City
LAPOE
BAD
Gloria
UTEOTW
OOTS
Zoostation
Running to stand still
Elec Co
--------------------------
loved these versions :drool:

okay: SYCMIOYO,The Fly (Bono can't sing it but the guitar kicks ass) Vertigo, Aboy, Streets(because it's streets), ocean

Dissapointed with: One, Bullet, Miracle drug, Yahweh, SBS, mysterious ways

NJElevation06 - I was not on the floor, I was in the rafters on Adam's side. But I do agree w/ you NJ 2 was fantastic. It's among the best of all the U2 shows I've seen (i've seen 8 now total since Zootv).

zwervers2 said:

From what I'v seen:

City
LAPOE
BAD
Gloria
UTEOTW
OOTS
Zoostation
Running to stand still
Elec Co
--------------------------
loved these versions :drool:

okay: SYCMIOYO,The Fly (Bono can't sing it but the guitar kicks ass) Vertigo, Aboy, Streets(because it's streets), ocean

Dissapointed with: One, Bullet, Miracle drug, Yahweh, SBS, mysterious ways

disapointed with MD??

you crazy sunuvabitch

miracle drug.

so intense.... the little lights chasing each other... the intro, the guitar..... the lyrics.

love and peace... a show stopper.

electric co. i honestly didn't like the song until this tour, now i love this song.

anything from achtung. that encore is nice, even thought they play my least favorite song on the album, sorry Zoostation fans. the lyrics are awesome to this song, some of the best, but the music kinda peters out a bit. in the concert it's neat to hear though.

i love the zoo stuff. the fly is beautiful and powerful and loud and the visuals are unreal.

unreal.

Back
Top Bottom