sometimes live on Bonus DVD vs. Live during tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcrt2000

Refugee
hey everyone

do you prefer the Bonus DVD version vs. the Vertigo Tour version? I know I do.. the guitars are so much more vibrant and give the song a bit more life IMO-- if they took that guitar arrangement and then made it full band it would be even better... whaddya think?

Not to be flippant, but what are you talking about? Specifically, there are two versions of Sometimes on the bonus DVD: 1) acoustic (just Bono and The Edge) and 2) full band.

The full band version is not "live." It is just the album version with the band imitating that they are playing the song.

The acoustic version is "live."

im not a great fan of the live version, edges guitar for one is different (using a 12 string instead of normal 6 live)...

then he's changed some of the parts, which really ruin it for me. the dramatic guitar during "a house just don't make a home, don't leave me here alone"...he just plays it a whole step up live...

several other notes are also different...

it misses the magic it has on the album unfortunately...

The acoustic version is great, maybe they should switch around Yahweh so it's full band, album version, and do an acoustic version of SYCMIOYO towards the end of the shows.

the acoustic version is the one i'm talking about, the other version is just the album version

Back
Top Bottom