Some questions about waiting at the box office the day of the show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
Does anyone have any advice about the box office?

I have two friends who will be trying to get tickets the day of the show in Boston on 5/26 and really want GA.

The plan is to get there at 10AM - an hour before it opens... Is it true that they will have to stand in line all day?

I really hope not as they have a nice day planned out. Is there any other way to try and get GA that day?

I went to the Tampa Elevation show and got one GA tick from the box office just minutes before the show started. Did they have another "drop" right before the show in addition to the drop the day of? Is this standard?

I am also thinking that they can get scalped tix at half price just minutes after the show starts which I did in Toronto Popmart... But I doubt GA will be available at that point!

Any advice for my friends? It would be appreciated.

redhill said:
Does anyone have any advice about the box office?

I have two friends who will be trying to get tickets the day of the show in Boston on 5/26 and really want GA.

The plan is to get there at 10AM - an hour before it opens... Is it true that they will have to stand in line all day?

I really hope not as they have a nice day planned out. Is there any other way to try and get GA that day?

I went to the Tampa Elevation show and got one GA tick from the box office just minutes before the show started. Did they have another "drop" right before the show in addition to the drop the day of? Is this standard?

I am also thinking that they can get scalped tix at half price just minutes after the show starts which I did in Toronto Popmart... But I doubt GA will be available at that point!

Any advice for my friends? It would be appreciated.

Hey Redhill,

Well I have had success with the two ticket drops that I have encountered. First was Charlotte Elevation. I had behind stage (well back and to the left) and showed up around 3 the day of the show and was able to get GA. (Also ended up in the heart). Best part of that was that my crap seat was will call and the lady at the box office just swapped tix with me.

Second was last saturday at Philly. Showed up at 5:30 p.m. with two 100 level tix and went to the box office to ask for directions to the bathroom. Then asked if anything was available. The lady said, "Well all we have left are some floor tix."

Anyway, it seemed pretty easy both times, but at the same time, I would not count on that as a way to get in.

Just my experiences.

Boston is going to be a bitch, I'm warning you now. In NYC, I got there at 1:30 and was about 100 in line. There were literally around 300 people in line at 5pm when they started selling day ofs. GAs seem to drop in midline or if you are lucky enough to buy tickets right before the show but that's REALLY gambling. I got $170 tix for the Garden and was happy to get them. Hottest ticket in town -- at least I got in the building. Boston is also going to be a tough ticket so you may want to take the same attitude if you don't have anything yet.

They might wristband the drop-wait list. They might tell you what time to come back, or they might not tell you anything and you have to gamble with it all day. Like Sharky said, Boston is gonna be tough. If your friends are willing to put in the time, make sure they know they are not gauranteed a ticket, so they don't feel like they wasted their trip to Boston.

How was last night in Philly? Does anyone know if it was a buyer's or seller's market? I heard that it might have been easy to get a ticket well below face. If so, that may bode well for Saturday in Boston...though I may be simply hoping against hope!

I know at least Philly I had 300 GAs for day of, but NYC probably had 20 -- and that's pushing it. GAs drop depending on how many more people they can fit in there once they get the stage configured. It's going to be different for each arena.

In NYC, they didn't tell us what time it was going to open. They ended up letting people in at 5pm but we got there at 12:30pm to be on the safe side.

sharky said:
I know at least Philly I had 300 GAs for day of, but NYC probably had 20 -- and that's pushing it. GAs drop depending on how many more people they can fit in there once they get the stage configured. It's going to be different for each arena.

In NYC, they didn't tell us what time it was going to open. They ended up letting people in at 5pm but we got there at 12:30pm to be on the safe side.

Ok so I miss read that as in Philly "I" had 300 GA's. I was going to say, "Damn how many friends were you bringing with you?"

If you don't have tickets for the show there’s several ways to go about rather than resorting to scalpers but there’s some risk involved no matter what strategy you undertake. Boston has always been a tough ticket and I wouldn’t count on many GAs being released.

1. Check Ticketmaster starting about 2 days before the show to see if any seats have been released. I was able to get a pair of GAs to the second Philly show via Ticketmaster a few days before the show thanks to someone posting the info on this forum.

2. Consider ETS for a Bronze package if any are available.

3. Call the box office the morning of the show to see if any tickets are available and to get further info but after about 5:00 PM Ticketmaster shuts down day of concert sales and if any tickets are left they will only be available via the box office.

Back
Top Bottom