So why isn't Edge singing the Elevation whoo hoos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Was just sitting around bored, and happened across what appears to be a taped TV broadcast of "Elevation" from the Chicago DVD.

Anyway, while listening to the really good audio of the band, which was pretty high above the crowd noise, I couldn't help but cringe hearing Bono trying to keep up with the backing "Whoo hoos" for the chorus.

We know they're backing and he sings along, I don't really have a big problem with it, explaining that to my friends is a different matter.... Anyway, wouldn't it be prudent for Edge to take over singing duties for the chorus, considering his voice seems to be in top form this tour, listening to his live backing vocals?

:eyebrow: I've been to 7 concerts on this tour so far, Elevation was played at everyone of them and I never once notice Bono singing along to backing vocals or got the impression that he "couldn't keep up". I've really enjoyed the Vertigo Tour version of Elevation :shrug:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
:eyebrow: I've been to 7 concerts on this tour so far, Elevation was played at everyone of them and I never once notice Bono singing along to backing vocals or got the impression that he "couldn't keep up". I've really enjoyed the Vertigo Tour version of Elevation :shrug:

ditto.

Elevation Tour Elevation: mimed.
Vertigo Tour Elevation: live by Bono.
I Fall Down Tour Elevation: live by Edge. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom