So who's calling in sick on Tuesday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yahweh said:
lol i didnt think U2 fans were potheads

I remember sharing a big J with people at the Seattle popmart show, even the old geezers were tokin away.

Im not a "pothead" I only smoke on occasions. A "sick" day like this is a definite occasion. Better than having to go to work at 8am.

My boss is really cool.. hopefully she will cover the phone for me while I get my tickets. :wink:

This is sick to talk about U2 and illegal drugs on the same topic. I hope you guys don't mean what you say. U2 would never support your acts and I am sure would be all agaist illegal drugs being smuggled in their shows.

Cheers,

J

I'm gonna miss the 1st leg. I am closing on a house on Tuesday morning, so I won't be able to use the presale code and I'm getting married May 14 and going on my honeymoon the following week. All the shows within driving distance to me are during that time. I'm kinda bummed...I wish the 1st show of the tour was at least on a weekend. I'd consider going out for it, I did last time for Florida but can't take off that much time.

Andy

jick said:
This is sick to talk about U2 and illegal drugs on the same topic. I hope you guys don't mean what you say. U2 would never support your acts and I am sure would be all agaist illegal drugs being smuggled in their shows.

Cheers,

J

you have got to be kidding

Uh, Jick....have you ever heard the story about Edge swimming over to the tape recorder to record The Secret of the Universe ...ugh nevermind.

I never said I was taking anything into a show. Actually I didn't say I was doing or planning on doing anything. I just said that it sounded like a good day to me.

I hope you don't mean half the stuff you say either.

Last edited:
From chapter 39 of U2 At The End Of The World

(sorry no pictures Chip)

"Do you know the story of how Edge lost the Secret of the Universe?" Bono asks. Oh boy, a Hiberian folktale! "No, Bono, tell me."

"It started when Edge got a jar of psychedelic mushrooms," Bono begins, as wise as Uncle Remus. The legend, in summary, goes like this:
Being very scientific, Edge decided that if he was going to sample any psychedelic mushrooms at all, he might as well eat the whole jar. Apparently those were potent fungi. Edge's eyes spun around and his hat flew off his head. He figured he'd better not take a chance on any impressionable members of the U2 Fan Club seeing him like this, so he went upstairs and got into bed. He lay there for awhile and then imagined he heard his wife calling him. He went to the door. No one was there. He went back to bed. And then, amid kaleidoscopes of spinning dimensions like an old Dr. Strange comic, Edge was given the Secret of the Universe.

"Wow!"he thought. "The Secret of the Universe! I'm no fool, I better get this down on tape!" See, Edge reckoned that he was not the first traveler on the astral plane to grok the S.O.T.U., but that others might in thier altered state, just assume they would remember it. That's where they goofed! Edge would take no such chance. He swam over to his shoulder bag and found his Walkman. He turned it on--and began laughing hysterically at the little red light. Finally the scientist within got control, he regained his composure, and spoke the Secret of the Universe into the recorder.

His duty done, he put down the Walkman and exited Earth altogether.

Upon returning the next day, Edge got out of bed, went down to the kitchen for something to ear, and when he opened the refrigerator more than one light went on. "Hey!" Edge said. "I learned the Secret of the Universe and I got it down on tape!" He ran upstairs and found his tape recorder, played it back and heard himself saying, "GN@rjB *a%xr! Kt~rcg#Bigdn fr^azzp!"

Complete gibberish. Badly recorded gibberish, too, as he seemed to have been holding the Walkman upside down when he taped it.

Now boys and girls, what's the moral of this story?

Last edited:
bring edge some mushrooms for the next tour and maybe he'll let you on stage?

My boss is awesome as well. I reckon if I asked nicely, she'd give me the morning off. Or I could at least stop what I was doing and use the computer at work.

But I don't need to, 'cause by some random act of God, my stepdad will actually be taking the morning off tomorrow anyway :wink:

Whooyeah!

I can't wait until the third leg. I definitely won't be at work on Tuesday.

*cough cough*

Oh no, I hope this isn't the sale for my tickets, I have NO money for the next week at least:|

Back
Top Bottom