So who thinks they'll tour NA stadiums next year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
I really hope I find out before Sept. if there is gonna be a stadium NA tour next year, because I have to know whether I shoud get tickets for 1 or 2 MSG shows. If they're coming back next year, i'll only get tickets for 1 show.

But other then that, I hope they do come back. :wink:

blah

tour the rest of the world for a couple months so those people will stop complaining, then work on a new album and then go out on a new and improved tour.

Yes, shut up everyone outside of NA and Western Europe.

Let's go new and improved Whining 2006 tour!

U2girl and you both did. Okay its not technically slander but posting that people outside of North America and Western Europe are "complaining" and "whining" and should "shut up" is not very nice.

actually i think U2girl was sarcastically making fun of me.

And apparently you havent seen Axvers latest thread :wink:

But hell I'd be complaining just as much as the next guy if I was in a country they rarely played. So my comment really wasnt meant to be offensive.

My whole point was just that I hope they have a leg outside of NA/Europe to make those fans happy, and then Id rather see them go into the studio instead of another leg in North America.

Oh okay. I didn't know your post was directed at Axver. And I didn't know U2girl was being sarcastic.

Chizip said:
My whole point was just that I hope they have a leg outside of NA/Europe to make those fans happy, and then Id rather see them go into the studio instead of another leg in North America.

Okay. This wording is much more betterer. :hug:

Chizip said:
actually i think U2girl was sarcastically making fun of me.

But hell I'd be complaining just as much as the next guy if I was in a country they rarely played. So my comment really wasnt meant to be offensive.

yes only because you dont like the tour, people like me who are liking it wouldnt mind them coming back

I'd just like to expand on my comments. I personally don't care how many times U2 tour North America and Western Europe as long as they tour the rest of the world as well.

Personally, I will be very shocked if after they do whatever they're going to do in Australia/SA/Japan, that they go back to either Europe or NA without any new material.

But that's just me. :shrug:

Chizip said:

I move to make that thread required reading. :wink:

Or maybe a more reasoned version not written in frustration ... :hmm:

Axver said:

Or maybe a more reasoned version not written in frustration ... :hmm:

I more reasoned version not written in frustration might just do the trick, Axver. I must say, I was quite shocked by your ranting yesterday...not because I don't think it's ridiculous to have 3rd leg in the US before/in lieu of Australia/Asia/South America/a 2nd leg in Europe (I totally do...though, as a New Englander who's been raised loving all things Red Sox, the prospect of gigs at Fenway couldn't help but get excited by that rumor )...Anyway, back to my mini-rant. Last night's thread was closed before I could comment on how uncharacteristically obnoxious your posts were getting. I've only been lurking around here for 6 months or so, and I've only begun posting w/ regularity lately, and from the beginning, your posts stood out as ones to take note of. You had an expansive knowledge of all things U2 (especially setlist-related) and you tended to be fair and open-minded. While I understand your (and other folks from those countries that have been ignored on the past couple of tours) frustration, I couldn't help but roll my eyes and think "quit your bitchin'"

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but I was all ready to type it out last night and I was a minute too late, as the thread had been closed, and what can I say? I'm in a catty mood this morning! I hope you don't take too much offense to this post, but my jaw did kind of drop w/ your "take your 50 shows and shove them up your arses comment." :wink:

mabel said:

I more reasoned version not written in frustration might just do the trick, Axver. I must say, I was quite shocked by your ranting yesterday...not because I don't think it's ridiculous to have 3rd leg in the US before/in lieu of Australia/Asia/South America/a 2nd leg in Europe (I totally do...though, as a New Englander who's been raised loving all things Red Sox, the prospect of gigs at Fenway couldn't help but get excited by that rumor )...Anyway, back to my mini-rant. Last night's thread was closed before I could comment on how uncharacteristically obnoxious your posts were getting. I've only been lurking around here for 6 months or so, and I've only begun posting w/ regularity lately, and from the beginning, your posts stood out as ones to take note of. You had an expansive knowledge of all things U2 (especially setlist-related) and you tended to be fair and open-minded. While I understand your (and other folks from those countries that have been ignored on the past couple of tours) frustration, I couldn't help but roll my eyes and think "quit your bitchin'"

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but I was all ready to type it out last night and I was a minute too late, as the thread had been closed, and what can I say? I'm in a catty mood this morning! I hope you don't take too much offense to this post, but my jaw did kind of drop w/ your "take your 50 shows and shove them up your arses comment." :wink:

No offence taken whatsoever. Seriously, thanks for this post. I won't try to make any excuses for the thread (I'm sure you can imagine them anyway :wink: ). Frustration simply got the better of me and obscured what I think were some rather good points.

It's not going to happen again, though I'm certainly not apologising for my general stance that U2's touring schedule could use a lot of improvement.

Axver said:

No offence taken whatsoever. Seriously, thanks for this post. I won't try to make any excuses for the thread (I'm sure you can imagine them anyway :wink: ). Frustration simply got the better of me and obscured what I think were some rather good points.

It's not going to happen again, though I'm certainly not apologising for my general stance that U2's touring schedule could use a lot of improvement.

Awwww, that's the even-keeled Axver I remember!!! I totally agree that they were good points! The argument was just a little skewed on the delivery! :wink:

beli said:
Can people please talk about the prospect of a North American tour without slandering people outside that region.

Thank you.

I wasn't slandering people outside that region but was sarcastically comenting on Chizip's comments, particularly about the "complaining" - excuse me for not cheering at 3 US legs and skipping many areas that would deserve to see the band - and the "new and improved tour."
There are fans who like this tour the way it is and he doesn't speak for everyone.

The new and improved Whining tour referred to the camp of fans who have done nothing but moan about this tour - and album. I'm sure they will be back on track next time.

Last edited:
I agree 100% that they should tour South America, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand, but to do another leg of this tour in the U.S., Canada, or Europe without any new material is stupid to me. By the time this leg wraps up in the winter I will have seen the same basic show 3 times. Once in Chicago and twice in Toronto. Both of which are cities that are nowhere near where I live because they skipped all of Western Canada with the exception of Vancouver which is even further than Chicago from me. Zoo Tv lasted 2 years because they switched things up and when Zooropa came out during the tour they had a lot of new material to work with. My opinion is finish this tour off in the Spring get in the studio, and come out with an album by Spring 2007 and tour stadiums in North America in the Summer of 2007. I guess what i'm saying is that I was not the biggest fan of Atomic Bomb as a U2 album goes, the live show is great but I would really love to see them come out with a much heavier album to support on a stadium tour. What happened to the new album being a "Monster" as Bono put it. I just didn't get that excited from it as I do from basically everything they come out with. Sorry for ranting but that's just my opinion.

I agree with you guys. I don't think they should tour N.A. again without some new material. They have already performed and will perform multiple dates in the biggest cities in the U.S. on both legs. I would much rather see U2 again next year with new material. They need to go to the rest of the world first with the Vertigo tour because they are missing out.

beli said:
Can people please talk about the prospect of a North American tour without slandering people outside that region.

It would be really nice if this could go both ways. :slant:

(Er, this is not directed at Beli, I just mean that in general, I wish people could discuss NA tour scheduling/rumors/etc without anyone having to bash the thread starter, come out to troll, or flame anyone, including NAs. )

neutral said:

It would be really nice if this could go both ways. :slant:

When have I bagged anyone about this topic? I honestly dont care how many times U2 tour the USA as long as they tour Australia as well. My apologies if my posts have implied otherwise.

beli said:

When have I bagged anyone about this topic? I honestly dont care how many times U2 tour the USA as long as they tour Australia as well. My apologies if my posts have implied otherwise.

I think neutral was referring to people like me rather than you.

I certainly wasn't polite to the North Americans in my thread yesterday. :wink:

Can I make a rule, please? If people are refering to Axver to please write

RE: Axvers Previous Dummy Spit

in the header so that the rest of us are aware that the posts, and it seems like most of the posts in this thread, do not actually refer to this thread. :huh:

I actually think that NA is long overdue for an outside U2 tour. I want to see that huge outdoor setup up close!

Bring 'em back to Saratoga... Bono said he'd be back. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom