So which is better...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
So in the documentary on the DVD we get Paul's official explanation for the lottery. He says that on the Elevation tour, because people would follow the band around they would know what was coming during the show and it would ruin the mood a bit. Well, now that we have the lottery there are a lot of people in the ellipse who just aren't huge fans, and many even seem disinterested during the songs they don't know.

So which is better, or worse I guess. No lottery and having die hards in the Heart who know what is coming up in the show, or having a lottery and having fans in the Ellipse who don't know what's coming, but are disinterested in the songs they don't know?

You know what would be better if the band wanted to 'feel' it a bit more?

Stop playing 7 shows in the same venue, too much touring in the USA is the problem. Greed.

Let's be honest, can the 3rd night be as exciting as the first?

EDIT:

Sorry Chizip, just the guy on the other Euro bashing thread has wound me up...

Last edited:
"Bad audience" - Boston DVD, no lottery - die-hards in the heart

"Bad audience" - Chicago DVD, lottery, less die-hards in the ellipse

If you look at total number of people who attended U2 concerts in the US and Europe it would be about equal.

XBL

chrissybaby said:

Stop playing 7 shows in the same venue, too much touring in the USA is the problem. Greed.

EDIT:

XBL_AchtungBaby said:
If you look at total number of people who attended U2 concerts in the US and Europe it would be about equal.

XBL

actually if you add up total attendance of both North American legs, its still quite a bit less than total attendance of the European Leg. but i agree with chrissys point, the third show in 4 days isnt nearly as exciting as the first, for me at least.

but anyway, I think the band had good intentions in wanted to create more excitement inside the ellipse, but I think it kind of backfired on them and the atmosphere inside it is even worse that the elevation tour.

Option 1: Play to a bunch of lame, poser, Creed fans in the ellipse who hardly know the songs and are in attendence because it's a cool/trendy show to attend.

Option 2: Play to a bunch of diehard fans who know every line of every song and will get just as jazzed for songs like Into the Heart and Electric Co as they will for more mainstream hits like Beautiful Day and Vertigo.

I'd go with option #2...

whatever.

chrissybaby said:

EDIT:

U2 seems to like the US.

Now get to the dentist.

Elevation definitely had a better system.

It was very confusing arriving at the arena in the early morning to sit outside for 8 or more hours only to end up outside the ellipse with about 80% of the other true diehard fans who were there all day as well, staring at the backs of over 200 other people who just arrived that afternoon.

It's not fair. :down:

chrissybaby said:

EDIT:

First of all it was a USA bashing thread.

And europeans that have such an issue should take it up with U2 themselves as to why they choose to cater to America above everybody else with everything they do.

I'm sure if they were playing your country as frequently you'd have them turned away at the border with instructions to go play some more gigs in some other countries so your could spread the wealth a bit right?:angel:

Give me a break.

alright, alright, that other thread was ridiculous so let's try to leave that crap out of this thread. thanks :up:

HelloAngel said:

Please stop. There's no need to be like this.

lol i don't take offense, but why do you think people in the UK have green teeth?

I think that you will find that South America will probably have the most mental crowds...
But certain places in the UK are too cool, i'm sure you have the same in the US. For instance I went to see all 4 of the Pixies comeback shows in Brixton last year, and some people stood there with their arms folded, as if to say 'impress me'!

I would have thought that there is that element in all the big US cities too, I think it's something to do with being spoilt.

Chizip said:
alright, alright, that other thread was ridiculous so let's try to leave that crap out of this thread. thanks :up:

Cry baby euros loving bashing the US and most Americans here don't even respond. When the Euros get bashed there's more crying than a baby nursery.

And how about Slovenia of all places?
bwahahaha

DanB said:

Cry baby euros loving bashing the US and most Americans here don't even respond. When the Euros get bashed there's more crying than a baby nursery.

And how about Slovenia of all places?
bwahahaha

Uh, I think you have issues.:|

chrissybaby said:

EDIT:

Yes, the third leg was just as and even more exciting than the first leg! I could go again and again, if I had the funds.

OK, this shit is over.

There is no need to be over-sensitive to what is being perceived as USA-bashing. There isn't any USA-bashing. The only bashing I've seen is towards Europeans here and that just isn't cool.

:lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom