So what's the deal with tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Storm/Light

The Fly
I guess I'm ignorant on yet another matter... having never attended a concert, I don't know the score with tickets.

I've been seeing a lot of websites (all linked to official U2 sites, etc.) that are selling tickets for the tour, but other sites say it's sold out, or different tickets are available in different sites...

I just wondered if there's actually a legitimate place to get last-minute tickets, or even if last-minute tickets become available at all.

I have been browsing the sites and this forum, but being new to this it's getting confusing, so I'm just hoping to get a clear, straight-up answer on the entire ticket situation.

Thanks!

Okay I will try to help you.

As of right now, only Ticketmaster is selling tickets that are face value and the vendor of U2 sales.

Any other site or person that is selling a ticket is 're-selling' a ticket they have purchased or received through TM (ticketmaster).

Your best bet is to do this:

1. Check ticketmaster.com or the equivalent for the country of the venue/concert you wish to attend. If you are unable to get any tickets because it says this:

"Your request Is not available

There were no tickets available that matched your request

There are several things you can try:
Change the quantity of tickets you are requesting.
If you selected a specific seat section, try switching to "Best Available".
If you are unable to find tickets, be sure to check back often. As the date of the event nears, often times a limited number of tickets may be released.
If you entered a promotional code, check that the code is valid for the ticket price and criteria you selected. "

then it means it is sold out AS OF RIGHT NOW.

But don't give up.

2. Keep trying TM as tickets come available at all times especially a couple days before the show starts.

3. If you don't mind paying higher prices, you can check other ticketing sites and see if you can find a ticket that will probably be above face value.

4. Check on the What You Have page here to see what people are selling.

Good luck but the main thing is to NOT buy tickets too quickly. As the show you want to go to comes closer, tickets will probably become available and people selling tickets will lower their price.

to that, i'd add that you should try to call ticketmaster directly and have then check on specific shows. there occationally is a discrepancy between what they show as avail. online and what they actually have.

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom