So what celebrities were at the MSG shows...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
I haven't seen a definitive list... While I've seen Chelsea Clinton, Jon Bon Jovi, and Salman Rusdie mentioned, does anyone know what celebs were in the house those nights?

Last edited:
Ralph Fiennes, Gina Gershon, Dennis Leary, Liam Neeson & Natasha Richardson. I believe Mary J. Blige was in da house too :wink: There's pictured proof of all of the above

And rumor that Jon Stewart was attending as well...

Oh and Naomi Campbell and Christy Turlington and I saw one of the guys from 60 minutes but I'm blanking on his name.

a ton of celebs...bono gave a shout out to some celebs in the house each night during his shpiel before he launched into One. The first fri nite i was right near the raised VIP floor section and saw Christy Turlington and Ed Burns, Gina Gershon, Debbie Harry, Dennis Leary and Conan. The last night Fri 14th he mentioned Chris Martin from Coldplay and Michael Stipe were in the house.

Tuesday night showI saw Oliver Platt and Chris Imperioli (Christopher on the Sorpanos) ; same night Matthew Perry sat next to a friend of mine in another section.

Liam & Natasha were there on Sat night. Oh and I was there every night so that counts as celebrity too..

ps - back in May I had house seats, it was funny but the gross Bill O'Reilly acutally was sitting behind us... loser (him, not me)

jonathan26 said:
a ton of celebs...bono gave a shout out to some celebs in the house each night during his shpiel before he launched into One. The first fri nite i was right near the raised VIP floor section and saw Christy Turlington and Ed Burns, Gina Gershon, Debbie Harry, Dennis Leary and Conan. The last night Fri 14th he mentioned Chris Martin from Coldplay and Michael Stipe were in the house.

funny, I was there on the 14th and I didn't hear him say any of those!!! But I think also said Moby, and I saw Lenny Kravitz staning in the VIP section through my binoculars :)

u2wedge said:
I haven't seen a definitive list... While I've seen Chelsea Clinton, Jon Bon Jovi, and Salman Rusdie mentioned, does anyone know what celebs were in the house those nights?

You mean, you haven't read U2.com's insane namedropping? It's all so appealing and necessary!

To add to what the others have said, I saw:
Tom Morello from Audioslave/RATM, Heath Ledger, David Gray, actress Jill Hennessey, Dave Gahan and Conan O'Brien.

Orlando Bloom, Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon, Naomi and Christy, and I saw Minnie Driver before and during the 10/7 show.

Re: Re: So what celebrities were at the MSG shows...

HelloAngel said:

You mean, you haven't read U2.com's insane namedropping? It's all so appealing and necessary!.

U2.com would be reporting that Frank Sinatra, Johnny Cash were among the 200 strong audience at Irving Plaza............

I saw McEnroe on Sat night too. Rita Wilson (Tom Hanks' wife)and what looked like their daughter (if they even have one I have no idea, but there was a striking resemblance) were also there.

I also saw a ton of what looked like teenagers who were in and out of the ellipse all night that had passes on their necks and no wristbands. Dont think they were celebs though, just NYC VIP.

ya I saw Gina Gershon. After asking me out, she asked me why u2 don't switch up their setlists more.

Re: Re: Re: So what celebrities were at the MSG shows...

bono_man2002 said:

U2.com would be reporting that Frank Sinatra, Johnny Cash were among the 200 strong audience at Irving Plaza............

:lmao: :heart:

...By the way what did Conan do during the show? Did he dance
around,did have a u2 t-shirt on or anything?

edgeboy said:

Yes, I would be interested to hear what Conan did during the concert. Or if he had a t-shirt on. I remember having read in one of the threads about someone saying their seats were a couple rows away from Conan. Someone will respond.......:wave:

edgeboy said:

Conan first was spotted standing in the upper aisle of a section very close to the stage. He was drinking a beer, chilling and talking to random other adults. Seemed like a nice dude. He had a hat on and a black leather jacket and a Red Sox hat. (That's what I thought the hat was).

During the show, he stood up the whole time and would alternate his hat on and off. When it was off, he would rub the hair and it would stick up like on the show.

No U2 shirt, but it was a tight-fitting black shirt.

He didn't dance, but his head did bob. :yes:

Carek1230 said:

Yes, I would be interested to hear what Conan did during the concert. Or if he had a t-shirt on. I remember having read in one of the threads about someone saying their seats were a couple rows away from Conan. Someone will respond.......:wave:

That was me :wave: At first he had on the baseball hat then at some point during the show he took it off...He really seemed to be just looking intently at the stage not singing or anything like that...

HelloAngel said:

Conan first was spotted standing in the upper aisle of a section very close to the stage.

Sec 78 a few rows behind me! My seats were closer than his thank you U2.com :happy:

What about Macca? Didn't he play a couple of concerts in between? :scratch: Or is that later on? :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom