So they WILL film in Chicago.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
learn2kneel said:
@U2 said they're starting to tape on the weekend, and a scource that worked on the crew said May 7th was the date a while back. So I think primary shooting will be that day.

Ooh! I hope you're right!! :dancing:

Hey they shot all over the place during JT #1

It all wound up on the cutting room floor (bummer )
we got TOronto /my guess production costs.
I am glad they have our dough to afford the States again.
ok our 49/ dough
ps this Vertigo is their Best since JT in my Humble opinion

Have a good sat nite

I'm hoping this is all true, because I think Chicago would be a great place for the next U2 Live DVD. I've never been to the Windy City, but I know they luv U2 there, so I can't think of a better crowd to film in front of.

Ol' Hamish is busy these days, he just finished a live concert shoot for the reformed Mötley Crüe on Wednesday and now he's prepping for U2...impressive.

Dude, this is so awesome! I'mma be there the 7th...too bad I don't have GAs, otherwise I'd have a chance of being on a DVD, lol...but still, this is too great! :hyper:

yeah. this is a good move by U2. i've noticed that U2 seems to love playing in Chicago, and Chicago seems to always be a great audience!

So do you guys think that the band is already in Chicago since they have all this time off before the gig on Saturday??? I can't wait for this....i'll be at all 4 chicago shows, GA's for the 9th and 10th gigs......hopefully they'll put Bono's b-day gig on the dvd

Ok, i said this yesterday, but to say that i am excited now for that chicago show on saturday is an understatement..... even though i am sitting behind the stage. I won't be able to sleep that Friday night.:drool:

For Boston, didn't they do a run-through on Boston 1 and then shoot the video in Boston 2?

I'm hoping that's what they're doing in Chicago - I'm going on the 9th! :D

I'm concerned. :( I'm atending the Chicago 4 concert, and while it's not a bad thing that they're filming a live DVD for that show, will the video cameras and technical equipment obstruct the stage and band? I only ask this because I have nosebleed seats, very far back in the arena, and I'd be sad if I didn't get to see the show properly because of this. :(

more than likely they will film Chicago 1 and 2 - but who knows maybe they'll film each night in order to get more footage to choose from. Should be interesting

can't WAIT...I'll be at all 4 shows! Looking forward to meeting lots of you...looks like we'll have a good turnout of interlanders :)

nurse chrissi said:
more than likely they will film Chicago 1 and 2 - but who knows maybe they'll film each night in order to get more footage to choose from. Should be interesting

Not if I can't see the bloody show! ;)

What this means, I think, is that if you go the first two nights you are practically assured of seeing every song that has been played so far on the tour:

--Bad
--Original Of The Species
--Zoo Station
--An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
--Electric Co.
--Gloria
--The Ocean
--With Or Without You (isn't this almost certainly a DVD song?)
--I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (longshot, but they have played it, right?)

Of course, it follows that if you go to 3 and 4, you might wind up seeing (just speculation, of course, and probably no more than 2-3 of these unfortunately)

--11 O'Clock Tick Tock
--Out Of Control
--I Will Follow
--Party Girl (5/10)
--The Unforgettable Fire (we all want to hear it again)
--Wire (didn't rumor have them practicing this?)
--Exit (see Wire)
--All I Want Is You
--Until The End Of The World :)drool:)
--Acrobat ("I'm ready...I'm ready for the Acrobat", I doubt anybody's forgotten this line!)
--ANYTHING off of Zooropa or Pop (I'm beggin ya...)
--Kite (!!!!)
--Crumbs From Your Table (debut?)

I really hope that one night they just go nuts, and totally put the current setlist on the shelf. Something like opening with Zoo Station, treating us to many of the above songs, and of course playing the necessities of this tour (Sometimes..., City Of Blinding Lights, Love And Peace Or Else, Where The Streets Have No Name, One, and Vertigo are, in my opinion, those necessities).

Last edited:
now that we know where theyre filming the DVD, does anyone know where they will be filming the VHS?

learn2kneel said:
They're filming the VHS in Pittsburg, and their filming for BETA in Miami.
no way!!!! i'm going to be at the show in pittsburgh!!!!! now i have to make sure i get there the night before so i can get into the oval in front of the stage.

Back
Top Bottom