So since the tour is starting in Boston...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
Will the band be playing NY right after the start of the tour? Usually it seems like the prefer to play NYC after warming up a little first. I had planned on them playing there farther into the tour and going then. This is going to change my plans considerbably. Anyone have a guess on the order of shows with the start in Boston?

actually elevation they went from Albany to Hartford to Boston, but Albany's pretty much NYC.

6/2 albany and 6/3 hartford... i was at both of em

March 18 Boston
March 19 Boston
March 21 Boston
March 22 Boston
March 24 Hartford
March 26 Albany
March 28 Montreal
March 30 Buffalo
April 2 Cleveland
April 3 Columbus
April 5 Detroit
April 6 Detroit
April 8 Toronto
April 9 Toronto
April 11 Chicago
April 12 Chicago
April 14 Chicago
April 16 St Louis
April 17 Indianapolis
April 19 Kansas City
April 20 Dallas
April 22 Houston
April 24 Las Vegas
April 26 San Diego
April 28 Los Angeles
April 29 Los Angeles
May 2 San Francisco
May 3 SanFrancisco
May 5 Seattle
May 6 Vancouver
May 10 Miami
May 11 Miami
May 13 Jacksonville
May 15 Atlanta
May 16 Charlotte
May 18 Louisville
May 20 Washington DC
May 21 Washington DC
May 24 Philadelphia
May 25 Philadelphia
May 28 New York
May 29 New York
May 31 New York
June 2 Providence
Home for break then off to Europe

For now, let's chalk the Boston as the launching point up as a Bono-fied excitement rumor, and not as fact... Boston would be an awkward launching pad in terms of travel for the band as most bands start at some corner of the country and work from there - but U2 has a big jet, so who knows. My money is still on Miami.

I always thought that starting this tour in Boston WOULD make sense, since Boston was the city most instrumental in helping U2 launch their illustrious career in the U.S. :wink:

I do feel sorry for the folks in Florida if this is true - but they did get the Elevation Tour.

I still would take this with a grain of salt, though. As we have seen with the case of the missing music, plans with U2's music/tour are constantly changing! :ohmy:

I had read at another Boston newspaper website today, that U2 was CONSIDERING starting the tour in Boston.

Bono could have been just riding the wave of enthusiasm and said something he knew the crowd would want to hear.:hyper:

I guess we'll know for sure when the tickets go on sale.:up:

BONO - IN THE NAME OF LOVE :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

HelloAngel said:
Boston would be an awkward launching pad in terms of travel for the band as most bands start at some corner of the country and work from there -
On most maps I've seen Boston is the northeast corner of the country. :D

Well U2long says

While on stage, Bono delighted the audience by announcing that U2 will kick off the band?s next U.S. tour in Boston in March 2005

maybe their changed their starting place. :shrug:

Hewson, that schedule works for me! :hyper:

*very tempted to use your dates and put in for vacation time already* :wink:

Does anyone knows if U2 will come here to Chile ???? :( :(

Argentina ???

Brasil ???

I REALLY DON?T KNOW WHY THE BAND DIDN?T COME HERE ON ELEVATION TOUR, they played SOLD OUT on every concert here in South America !!!!:bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:
They should come here again :sad:

Hmmm, not sure about the starting point but I can tell you that during the arena stage of JT, ZooTV and Elevation, they played the San Francisco area on or around April 18. This has been followed by second leg dates in the middle of November. Only time I remember differently was POP but that was a big stadium tour from the start (and they hit Oakland for two dates in June).

It seems like they follow a similar path/timing pattern each tour. Does anyone remember where each of the other tours started? I think ZooTV started in Florida too (and POP in Vegas?). Since they set up camp for a couple of weeks before the tour in the starting point city, someplace warm, like Florida, makes sense.

Who knows, maybe it's time they change it up a bit (or he was joking)?

HelloAngel said:
For now, let's chalk the Boston as the launching point up as a Bono-fied excitement rumor, and not as fact... Boston would be an awkward launching pad in terms of travel for the band as most bands start at some corner of the country and work from there - but U2 has a big jet, so who knows. My money is still on Miami.

Exactly, you just summed up what I was saying in the other thread on this more concisely. :)

Bratty cat, here is the way the started and rehearsed in the U.S. previously.

Joshua Tree (rehearsals and opener in Tempe AZ)
Zoo TV (rehearsals and opener in Lakeland FL)
Popmart (rehearsals and opener in Las Vegas NV)
Elevation (rehearsals and opener in Miami FL)

Last edited:
Yes, it doesn't surprise me they always rehearse and start their tour in the warmer areas of the continent; rehearsal time often occurs during the coldest months of the year...

I wouldn't be surprised if they repeated it again this time...

I'm still thinking Miami will be the launch - there has been too much "chatter" about Miami already - but I will restate my orginal position - if U2 wants to start the tour in hell I'll be waiting to buy the best seats in the house

I am almost certain Miami will be first. I've been busy the last few days and thus not up with all the news, but I'm taking these claims of Boston with a very large packet of salt.

Miami it is.

Thanks Blue Room for clarifying

Since the rehersals seem to always be in warm weather parts of the country, I'm thinking it's not looking too good for Boston and partygirlu2, you're right, Bono is infamous for saying things in the heat of the moment.

Either way, who cares where the tour starts as long as it does! I don't think anyone will mind traveling wherever to see the starter!

Hewson said:
March 28 Montreal

montreal will have 2 or 3 shows. if only 2, an ottawa show could be played, as it was heavily rumored to be for the 3rd leg of elevation.

kobayashi said:

montreal will have 2 or 3 shows. if only 2, an ottawa show could be played, as it was heavily rumored to be for the 3rd leg of elevation.
Keep in mind this is only leg 1, after summering in Europe, the band will return for more North America dates before heading down under in December.

I'm about to throw in a tidbit myself now. One of the local radio stations here in Boston has been passing on the rumor for a couple of months now that U2 MAY be planning on rehearsals here in Boston. Now, IF what Bono said the other evening is fact, then that would give credibility to the previous rumor as well.

I don't know about anyone else, but I personally would have absolutely no problem with that at all. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom