So, my first U2 show is in a week.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

topplehatU2

Refugee
I'm pretty excited, I'm attending the Dallas show next Saturday. This is my first U2 show, so I know I can't be let down, I'm just hoping for a few things of course, namely Discotheque or Zoo Station or The Fly. Or all three.

Anyways, I'm excited.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WILL YOU DANCE WITH ME?

Its been almost 8 1/2 years since my first U2 concert (June 8, 1997- Philly POPMart), and I can basically still recall it like it was yesterday.

Have a great time and enjoy the memories for a longer time to come!

Weird. Dallas will be my first one, too.

See you there

Don't get your hopes up on any of those songs being played. I was hoping for Discotheque but it wasnt played since Chicago.

topplehatU2 said:
I'm pretty excited, I'm attending the Dallas show next Saturday. This is my first U2 show, so I know I can't be let down, I'm just hoping for a few things of course, namely Discotheque or Zoo Station or The Fly. Or all three.

Anyways, I'm excited.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WILL YOU DANCE WITH ME?

Ahhhhhhhhh a newbie! It will be the time of your life, you are in for a real treat. Do remove the song expectations tho so you won't be disappointed in not hearing them. You will love whatever they play. Enjoy!

U2WEBMAP.jpg

Oddly enough, you're in the exact same section as a buddy of mine

It's kind of spooky, but it changes your life.

Seriously, I'll never feel like I did at my first show again.

I waited four years to see them - became a fan in the autumn 2001 - and the anticipation added up with the actual show is such a combo, I don't think it's good for your body.

And as Carek1230 said - you'll love whatever they play. Any fan at their first show will love even Vertigo x 2. Maybe even Vertigo x 3. Trust us.

Though it's a shame you aren't GA.

I was GA, few metres from the stage in Dublin.

The memories :sad:

It really will make you appreciate the band even more than you already do, if that's possible, because when they're live, it's their element. Honestly, it will blow your mind...I know my first show did, it was a mere month ago yesterday and I still think about it everyday. So have a GREAT TIME!!! Oh, and take in every little detail because it's awesome to remember the little things that happened to make the show great.

I can feel the love here (well most places on interference, LOL).
You'll have a great time - as others have said, just don't go in with any expectations. You won't care what they are playing once they are playing. Even if it's a song you've heard a thousand times. It's not the same as being at a live U2 show! I can't wait - my show is in 8 days!!! :hyper: And taking my daughter to her first U2 show!!! :hyper:

Everything everyone said is so true! Even though I knew the cell phone thing was coming, it was amazing to see the lights, I was in section 217, and it felt like I was in the sky with the stars! I didn't care what they played or where I sat! Hope you have a great time!

Oh... the cellphones. Seriously, Croke Park - you looked beautiful from the bomb shelter point of view!

Oh - did anyone mention that Streets just blows your mind?

I was absolutely blown away at my first concert... which was only a little more than a month ago. I went in with high expectations, but the show definitely exceeded them... especially cuz i got BAD!!! But, it's weird now, because i really don't remember much from that night. All my memories are really fuzzy. It's *almost* like I was drunk that night... of course not though :wink:

I think I was so excited going into the concert that I just let adrenaline take over... so I have incomplete memories... cuz I wasn't really IN the moment. I was so excited I almost made myself sick in the middle of the show!!! All that excitement really does take a toll on your body.

Have a great time... get in the moment!

Oh, and yes, Streets is absolutely AMAZING!!!

My first ever U2 show was in Dallas too - PopMart (May '97 I think). Anyway, the shows on this tour have been getting better and better!

my first show was Dublin(saturday)went with my partner who has seen them 3 times before and my stepdaughter she is 15 and it was her first show too:hug:
it truely will blow your mind the atmosphere before the gig was awesome too- it seemed everyone in dublin city centre was up for it
it wont matter what songs are played (some of my favourites werent played)and songs i wasnt too keen on are now firm favourites after hearing them live .
Have a ball:wink:

my first show was POPMART in KANSAS CITY

trust me...

in retrospect, the first time you see U2 will always be a big blur...

because that first time you won't be able to believe what you are seeing.

in fact, for me, the first night of a new tour is always a blur...
don't know why

Back
Top Bottom