so is bono 'the fly' again during zoo station/the fly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
does he actually act the part as the fly?

what about fly shades?

is he in charachter?

answer my questions. :angry:

and as a side note, that zooropa boy screaming "momma!!" is way creepy and ultra cool.

he does some of the same manerisms, but its definitely not the same

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I don't get it. bear what are you talking about a zooropa boy screaming momma?

it's apparently on the screens during the encore.

it's pretty cool, download the video...wherever it is.

it's from the brussels show...don't know where the thread is though. sorry.

WHY DOESN'T HE ACT LIKE THE FLY?!?!!?

:angry:

if any of you see him, make sure to tell him to act the part. that's the whole point of that encore, shit.

maaaan.

MAAAAAAAnn.

bono, what happened?

DON'T LOOK AT ME IF YOU CAN'T FIND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!!!!

I CAN'T HELP IT YOU CAN'T HELP YOURSELF!! WHAT'S NEXT - YOU'RE GONNA ASK ME TO CLEAN YOUR SHEETS AREN'T YOU, MVD?!?!? ARENT YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!

:hmm: well now that you asked.

Thanks MAN!

Please make sure to put enough fabric softener in the rinse cycle. I like my sheets fluffy and full of fresh mountain air.

:hug: snuggle bear :hug:

1930_bLyg1.jpg
:cute:

Last edited:
Didn't The Fly get killed in the HMTMKMKM video along with MacPhisto? I thought that video was Bono's way of killing off those characters?

He does the whole nazi salute thing then slapping his hand down the same way he does at the start of the Zoo gigs (well, he did at Manchester anyway), the visuals above the stage left PA's show the same type of silhouette dropped against static of Zoo gigs as well. That whole section of the show is a massive nod too the fly character and I think, that just for Zoo Station he slips back into that character, but just 15 years on from where Bono left him.

Even Willie Williams in his diary's had stated when they shot the visuals for that segment Bono just stepped right back into that character. So to me, yes, the fly came back, even if it was just for a brief cameo apperance.

Lo-Fi said:
He does the whole nazi salute thing then slapping his hand down the same way he does at the start of the Zoo gigs (well, he did at Manchester anyway), the visuals above the stage left PA's show the same type of silhouette dropped against static of Zoo gigs as well. That whole section of the show is a massive nod too the fly character and I think, that just for Zoo Station he slips back into that character, but just 15 years on from where Bono left him.

Even Willie Williams in his diary's had stated when they shot the visuals for that segment Bono just stepped right back into that character. So to me, yes, the fly came back, even if it was just for a brief cameo apperance.

I was watching the Brussels footage of zoostation and it looks like it's not Bono upthere (live)but a pre recorded thing or something..he just dissapears in the screens or so it appears...very odd...did this happen as well during the other concerts???The mama mama screaming zooropaboy plus intro zoostation is the highlight of the show for me along with elec.co...:drool:

zwervers2 said:

I was watching the Brussels footage of zoostation and it looks like it's not Bono upthere (live)but a pre recorded thing or something..he just dissapears in the screens or so it appears...very odd...did this happen as well during the other concerts???The mama mama screaming zooropaboy plus intro zoostation is the highlight of the show for me along with elec.co...:drool:

this sequence was filmed the day before the Brussels show, just before the dress rehearsal.
I was confused at first too, when I saw that footage on the high screen ,thinking 'where the hell is he, I can't seen him' but it was a video.

See Willies diaries:wink:

greety said:

this sequence was filmed the day before the Brussels show, just before the dress rehearsal.
I was confused at first too, when I saw that footage on the high screen ,thinking 'where the hell is he, I can't seen him' but it was a video.

See Willies diaries:wink:

thanks...it looked rather, ehm how to say this, dangerous to be honest....the whole visual aspect looks great by the way...I love this stage...

the fly was there in manchester, poking his face into the camera on the main stage, licking it, all the usual stuff, and are you 100% sure its filimed? because in manchester i seen bono coming back behind the screen and climb down the stairs at the back of it? i think willie is referring to the communisim pose that they are doing on the screen at the end, but i did see bono come back down off that screen

KUEFC09U2 said:
the fly was there in manchester, poking his face into the camera on the main stage, licking it, all the usual stuff, and are you 100% sure its filimed? because in manchester i seen bono coming back behind the screen and climb down the stairs at the back of it? i think willie is referring to the communisim pose that they are doing on the screen at the end, but i did see bono come back down off that screen

HEY KUEFC09U2!!!!!!!!!!

The fly was licking the camera? :rockon:
for some people that's a strange sentence. In here it's just basic language fortunately!
:wink:

From Willie's Diary:

"After the run through we did a quick video shoot with Bono for a last minute spontaneous sequence. It\'s for the opening of Zoo Station, the idea being to recreate the iconic image of him as \'The Fly\' in front of TV static. We didn\'t really know it till we did it, but the new character we shot tonight is essentially the same guy, but 15 years on, tired and cynical after a life of excess; some jaded Nazi in a bus conductor\'s hat who\'s been dragged out of retirement from some dodgy tango club in Buenos Aires to go through the motions one last time. It all came together in the moment and it was very funny. Bono nailed it first time, instantly getting right into character, pressed up against a huge video wall with Zoo Station playing on a boom box and me yelling instructions, whilst all present howled with laughter."

ramblin rose said:
From Willie's Diary:

"After the run through we did a quick video shoot with Bono for a last minute spontaneous sequence. It\'s for the opening of Zoo Station, the idea being to recreate the iconic image of him as \'The Fly\' in front of TV static. We didn\'t really know it till we did it, but the new character we shot tonight is essentially the same guy, but 15 years on, tired and cynical after a life of excess; some jaded Nazi in a bus conductor\'s hat who\'s been dragged out of retirement from some dodgy tango club in Buenos Aires to go through the motions one last time. It all came together in the moment and it was very funny. Bono nailed it first time, instantly getting right into character, pressed up against a huge video wall with Zoo Station playing on a boom box and me yelling instructions, whilst all present howled with laughter."
ah ok than lol, but am pretty sure i seen someone walk behind that screen at the same moment he walked off, must of just been seeing things lol

ramblin rose said:
From Willie's Diary:

that must have been fun to do it...how i miss the good 'ol zootv days..:wink:

At the end of the song, when he walks back to the main stage, here in Belgium, he did grab a camera and pulled it really close to his face (like in teh old days) and that image was shown on the big videowall.
Bono with a big :D
I've seen some photos of this around here somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom