so is bono 'the fly' again during zoo station/the fly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bombergirl1978 said:
Bono as The Fly :drool:

can't say it enough :wink:

word life.

And I'd say he was in character...unfortunatley not in the outfit, but this new outfit is almost as hot :drool: but he DEFINITELY is in the character of The Fly, he has that swagger, he sings in that voice...Zoo Station was one of the highlights of my concert, incredible.

I just loved the zooTV encore set I saw in Chicago, so thrilling!
Ignorant as always....what's the significance of that bus conductor's hat he wears during ZooStation? Well, d'oh, other than the conductor/station connection I guess....

cheers all!

maybe the fly left the music business at the end of 93 and had to go to a normal life and has been working on as a train/bus conductor since :wink:

omg i so want bono to wear the right clothes but! even just the glasses would do it for me, but the rest of the suit! omg id love that :drool: :drool: :drool:

I definitely felt the Fly in his stance and demeanor for ZooStation and The Fly surely, less zootv feel in mysterious ways, but the spirit of the Fly was detectable even from the back of the arena I thought!
It really was an incredible highlight as first encore:drool:

It was reported earlier that the fly was licking the camera!!!!
a strange sentence to get exited about lol

Zoocoustic said:
Didn't The Fly get killed in the HMTMKMKM video along with MacPhisto? I thought that video was Bono's way of killing off those characters?

Ooh, I'd love to hear more about that actually...has he stated at some point he wanted the Fly (and MacPhisto) to 'die'?
That would be interesting in light of this sequence...again, sorry for being ignorant, but I'm presuming that with the Elevation tour they didn't do anything like reproduce in an encore-type visual throwback to zooTV the Fly messages, the ZooTV icons, that look and feel.
And the thing of the Fly that at least at my show was coming through was a nod to it, a feel of reprising it, but it wasn't like a return to it exactly. The busconductor hat and that whole outfit he comes out in for the beginning of the set was so sort of outsized, stage-y, a summary-writ-large feel. If he's going about licking cameras in Europe then maybe the fly is making a different sort of comeback there then it seemed to me he did in US (I'd love to analyse the lick for subtlety if there's a clip about! ). He surely wasn't in that character consistently...
and is he still doing that "we do the show, we do the business, but this is not showbusiness" thing? what's that exactly?!

cheers all!

Back
Top Bottom