So apparently my code is unused...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
Like many of you, I got the following email:

Dear U2.Com Subscriber

It's official!

On Monday the new North American dates for U2's Vertigo//2005 tour will be announced. The tour will stay in North America right up to the end of 2005.

As promised in Larry's letter last month, we have worked to improve the system, to look after former Propaganda subscribers and those U2.Com Subscribers who have not yet been able to buy tickets for the tour. This will still be on a first come, first served basis and though we can't guarantee that you'll get the ticket you're looking for, this time remember you'll only be competing for tickets against other U2.com members who didn't buy during the first pre-sale.

As a U2.Com Subscriber with an unused code from the presale last time, this is to let you know that your unique code will enable you to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS for any one show for the Fall leg.

You will be able to participate in a TWO DAY PRESALE this coming week, or the following week, depending on which show you want to go to. You will find your UNIQUE PRESALE CODE in the red box on the right hand side of the home page of the Subscribers site when you log in.

Dates and cities for this new leg of the tour are officially announced this Monday, March 7th. We will post the information in the Subscribers area of U2.Com on Sunday night - along with the information you will need to buy tickets in the presale.

There will be two separate presale periods for U2.Com Subscribers, each lasting two days. One takes place this next Wednesday and Thursday (March 9th/10th) and one takes place the following Wednesday and Thursday (March 16th/17th). Please log into the Subscribers area on Sunday night for information on which presales cover which shows.

It's no secret that the presale to the opening leg of the Vertigo Tour failed many fans. This new system should enable as many subscribers as possible to get tickets for the new shows. Again, you will not be competing for tickets with anyone else but yourselves.

And don't forget, your pre-sale doesn't begin until Wednesday, don't go in earlier as your code won't work.

Again, we can't guarantee to give you the ticket you want, and we can't satisfy everyone but we are doing our best to give you a fair shot.

And this time around there are more shows, we have been allocated greater capacity for U2.Com Subscribers.

Thanks for your patience and your support

Best wishes

The U2.Com Team

The thing is, I did end up getting two nosebleed seats in the first presale. However, dad did tell me that he had difficulty using the code or something, so he called Ticketmaster and they gave him a different code which was activated an hour or so later. So I'm assuming that since I got the email, my original code is still good. Anyone else in a similar situation? I feel kind of bad because there are many, many others that got screwed with nosebleed seats like I did but don't have a chance to participate in the next presale... but I also feel really lucky and happy and anxious... I'm gonna have to find SOMEONE to do the presale, 'cause I know dad will NOT want to do it again. Not after last time. :huh:

yep, similiar at least

i had an unused code hich failed when i tried to use it on tuesday. fanfire reset it, it didnt work, so they reset it again. the old code now works and i used to to buy ticets yesterday. however when i got home i found 2 emails from fanfire about each reset both with a new code in it.
so basically they reactivated my unused code and gave me 2 more new ones (which i've checked and seem to work...)

oh - and while i never got that mail because i got decent UK tickets in the first pre-sale, it seems one of my old used codes has also been reactivated.

Back
Top Bottom