Snow Patrol: Wish they were US opener

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NHChris

The Fly
I'm really not up on all the new music out there, and I didn't know Snow Patrol from a Snow Cone. But I saw a video of theirs on TV today and I loved it! They evoke images of other bands of the day that I like: Doves, Coldplay, Travis, et al. That they're opening for U2 in Europe rather than here is a bit disappointing, but that's probably because I have NO clue about the band (Kings of Leon) that IS opening for U2 at the FleetCenter (or whatever the building will be called once U2 rolls around these parts). For those of you more in the know than I, who do these guys sound like?

Chris in NH

Kings of Leon is a very good band I am glad we get them instead of Snow Patrol myself I think they will put on a better live show.

Kings of Leon are fucking terrific. Check them out.

Snow Patrol are terrible and The Killers are not good live. Be thankful for the bastard sons of Kentucky.

I wish The Killers were supporting in the U.S.

I just watched the video for 'The Bucket' by Kings of Leon on iTunes and was pretty unimpressed. But, I'll listen to it a few more times...gotta give everything a fair shot.

EDIT: After you get past the lead singer's "different" voice, it's pretty good. I'll be happy to hear them live come May.

Last edited:
I am getting their cd tomorrow, and I was surprised that they are from Vegas, I thought they were British, Killers. UK/Ireland has got some fantastic music that I hope we get to hear more of over here. I'm looking for the Kings of Leon cd, but I guess it's not out yet.

i'm also not looking forward to kings of leon...

i really wish snow patrol were opening here in the states - they're really fantastic live and seem to go along better with U2-type music than kings of leon. :slant:

Back
Top Bottom