Snow Patrol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
It looks like Snow Patrol will be opening up for U2 on the next tour. The contracts have not been set in stone, but all indications are that Snow Patrol will be visiting an arena near you sometime in 2005. I have never heard of these guys before. What do they sound like? Is it a good fit?

looks like a bunch of folks beat me to the punch on this one. Please feel free to close my thread.

Snow Patrol have some great songs and some great production on their latest CD. One of the best CDs of the year, in my opinion. I highly recommend them.

I know that one song by The Killers (w/ the video) and I like it, reminds me a bit of Franz Ferdinand (Which I really enjoy).

If you had to compare Snow Patrol to another band, who would it be?

snow patrol = decent..... the song "Run" has been doing pretty well as of late, if you want to hear their better stuff id listen to that....

snow patrol = bland indie rock in the same mold as radiohead / coldplay, but with trite lyrics.

I kind of liked their last album "Final Straw". Sounds a bit like Coldplay, but not as good. Maybe a bit more guitars than Coldplay. But they miss some melodies I think. Singer Gary Lightbody is also in a side-project called "Reindeer Section" and that band is even better than Snow Patrol. :)

But they're an excellent support act I think. Even though I don't believe this rumour.:eyebrow:

Oh, and their first album "When It's All Over We Still Have To Clean Up" is completely different than the last one.

Last edited:
snow patrol are miles better than coldplay.

this certainly ranks NEAR pj harvey for me. good stuff. :up:

mathieu_cpfan said:

Oh, and their first album "When It's All Over We Still Have To Clean Up" is completely different than the last one.

"Songs for Polar Bears" is their first album, "When It's....." is the second. Sorry to nitpick! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom