Signs at U2 concerts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
What if I wanted to bring a small poster / sign for U2 (I haven't thought of a saying or question or comment yet) would I bet able to get one in?

cmb, what do you mean by this. Is it b/c you'll be blocking someone's view?

Yes, people will get testy with you for holding it up, especially on the floor.

spasm26 said:
cmb, what do you mean by this. Is it b/c you'll be blocking someone's view?

Yeah, some are nicer than others...but repeatedly holding up a sign and blocking is bound to get something yelled at you.

in NJ at continental for elevation, they wouldn't let us bring one in, we had to put it back in the car :|

timothius said:

An Irish Flag... at a U2 concert....?????

Youre Crazy!:coocoo:

It wasn't mine. It was for the leprechaun my roomate was dating. Nice guy, but terrible breath. Really patriotic too.

cmb737 said:
I got grief in San Diego about an Irish flag.

There is nothing wrong with bringing an Irish Flag to a U2 concert. I have seen other countries flags at other U2 concerts on the Elevation tour.

MikeSt said:
Theres No Business Like Schoo Business....!!! heh

My wife made Adam blush by having a sign on the front rail that said:

"Adam Clayton, I want to have 10,000 of your babies."

He took it from her.

I want to make a sign that says "We're skipping the honeymoon for U2"... I'm being married the day before the Milwaukee show, and I'm currently begging the fiance to take the limo straight to the Bradley Center to wait in line- dress & all!!!:drunk: :hug: :yawn:

krissyk262 said:
I want to make a sign that says "We're skipping the honeymoon for U2"... I'm being married the day before the Milwaukee show, and I'm currently begging the fiance to take the limo straight to the Bradley Center to wait in line- dress & all!!!:drunk: :hug: :yawn:

That would be so cool and crazy. What a story that would make for your grandchildren.

All depends on which you'd rather see at a U2 concert. The band or the back or someone's sign. Myself, I prefer to see the band. Leave the signs at home. Express yourself verbally.

Sicy said:
They took away our interference banner in Vegas. :|

Are you freaking serious? I never knew that. :down:

Kristina and I got our Larry drumsticks begging signs into Chicago just fine, but the guards bitched at us for holding them up longer than a few seconds at a time.

It was so cute to see Larry squinting to read them (we were in the 2nd row on Adam's side), and we got our sticks. :sexywink:

cmb737 said:

My wife made Adam blush by having a sign on the front rail that said:

"Adam Clayton, I want to have 10,000 of your babies."

He took it from her.

Adam took a tiny sign from me, too. :heart:

I made one for Larry's birthday and just kept it along the inside of the heart until they were going off for their encore, and I jumped up and held it up & Bono saw it and showed Larry who pointed and waved and smiled. He was able to get it from me later. It was the best sign ever.

My idea on signs- nice, but awkward, and I don't think I'll do one again. They can definitely aggravate people, so the time I had one I made sure to just put it up when the band would see it, between songs, and I was in the back of the heart so I wasn't blocking anyone's view. And never leave it up for very long.

Will venue security (San Diego) be less willing to let a sign in if it's mounted on foam or cardboard or is it better to have it rolled up?

Each arena seems to do that differently. The best way to get stuff in is to have it be on cloth, like use a bed sheet or something that can be folded up and brought in. Big signs they take away everywhere I've ever been. A lot of places, like the Pond, and Staples, have had tables out in front where they make people leave everything from flowers, to signs, to toys they were going to throw up on stage. Others you can bring everything in. The last show I was just at, Josh Groban in Vegas, they let us bring everything in from signs to stuffed animals to gifts to flowers, to cameras, etc. The artist's mgt. has the ultimate say as well.

oliveu2cm said:

Adam took a tiny sign from me, too. :heart:

I made one for Larry's birthday and just kept it along the inside of the heart until they were going off for their encore, and I jumped up and held it up & Bono saw it and showed Larry who pointed and waved and smiled. He was able to get it from me later. It was the best sign ever.

My idea on signs- nice, but awkward, and I don't think I'll do one again. They can definitely aggravate people, so the time I had one I made sure to just put it up when the band would see it, between songs, and I was in the back of the heart so I wasn't blocking anyone's view. And never leave it up for very long.

Was that the Harley sign? I've seen pics of that :)

I think that's a good compromise, holding it up for a few seconds between songs. But I can see the problem of blocking someone's view.

yeah, i will be on the floor for 2 shows, and if someone held up a sign that blocked my view i'd tell them off, or even take it and rip it up. if you are on the floor only have small signs.

Back
Top Bottom