showing up without tickets. Any experience?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pulle28

The Fly
I went to Gelsenkirchen, and I saw some scalpers offering face value tickets.
I heard the same about Berlin.
Now I'm thinking about going to either Gothenburg or Oslo- without any ticket.
What are your experiences with this?

Thanks.

In Holland people are warned to be VERY carefull with scalpers... A lot of fake tickets are being sold these days, and scalpers offering tickets for face value before the shows seems very strange to me...

pulle28 said:

Thanks.

have done it a couple of times and saw some great concerts because of that: prince, madonna. Just wait till they get really desperate, never bite to quick and don;t do it if you really really want to see the band too bad...they can tell the bastards...

Re: Re: showing up without tickets. Any experience?

zwervers2 said:

have done it a couple of times and saw some great concerts because of that: prince, madonna. Just wait till they get really desperate, never bite to quick and don;t do it if you really really want to see the band too bad...they can tell the bastards...
My experience is that they only drop in price when the gig has already started and they have made enough money... In Holland I wouldn't take the risk of buying a face value ticket while the gig hasn't started yet... Maybe a couple of years ago, but with these prices no more...

Re: Re: Re: showing up without tickets. Any experience?

Neilz said:

My experience is that they only drop in price when the gig has already started and they have made enough money... In Holland I wouldn't take the risk of buying a face value ticket while the gig hasn't started yet... Maybe a couple of years ago, but with these prices no more...

that is true...I'm not too fund of buying GA tickets when they have allready started but seats can be a good solution to buy when the show has allready begun.

Oslo shouldn't be any problems, lots of touts at all the gigs I've been to. Same for Stockholm/G.burg. However, a mentioned, don't buy at face value before it starts...

The 'stadium' in Oslo is rubbish, its just opne concrete ground, with one small stand.
Anyway, U2 gigs in Oslo are really strange. Zoo TV was like watching TV on the beach (Bonos words) because of the midnight sun. This is also where the Lemon didn't open in 97, so expect a different u2 show!

pulle28 said:

Thanks.

In Poland they released 4,000 tickets just one day before the show...
...scalpers in panic were offering their tickets even for half of the face value... hehe:wink:

Also many people here were saying that there was no problem in buying official tickets right before the show in many countries... you'd just have to ask someone from the crew were they're selling the tickets...

I think you'll have no problem...

Thanks for your input!

But waiting until the show actually starts - that must be a nervewrecking experience...
I mean. Standing outside, and actually NOT being 100% sure that you'll get in.

pulle28 said:
Thanks for your input!

But waiting until the show actually starts - that must be a nervewrecking experience...
I mean. Standing outside, and actually NOT being 100% sure that you'll get in.

Again, if you end up in Oslo without a ticket, you'll at least be able to hear the concert as its only a fence around the ground.

You'll get tix though, don't worry!

Oh, one more thing, be aware of the general costs in Norway. Its a really expensive country, the face value is about £50 which is probably reflected in how much the touts charge.

Back
Top Bottom