Should I return my tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
to remind you, I paid $381.00 for rear of the arena seats.

I have until tommorrow to get a refund.

should I do it?

No. Sell them (or try to trade up). Why let the ticket broker profitteer. The system U2.coN has set up is one that caters to the profiteering brokers. Do not give them more tickets to profiteer from by putting them back into the TicketBastard stystem. The biggest problem with using ticketBastard is that the brokers know the ins and outs of their system and have an advantage obtaining the best tickets. Brokers have signed up for U2.coN and used the passwords to "go to the front of the line" as was promised to former Prop members, because they know the system. I've learned some tricks that have helped me get tickets through ticketbastard, but I'm sure someone who deals with them on a daily basis knows how much better than any of us ever could.

don't return them. if you end up not being able to get tickets, you'll be pissed that you missed the show.

if you get better tickets, you can...
a) hook up someone you know
b) help out a fellow u2 junkey who got closed out of tickets
c) throw the tickets on e-bay and get twice your money.

keep 'em.

if you buy tickets on Saturday, can you still return the old tickets to Ticketmaster after Saturday? if you can, I would wait until you see what you get in the general sale.

madonna's child said:
if you buy tickets on Saturday, can you still return the old tickets to Ticketmaster after Saturday? if you can, I would wait until you see what you get in the general sale.

no.
that's where ticketmaster screws you again.
I have to return them BEFORE the general sale starts.

If they are rear of the arena, I say return them.
There won't be much of a secondary market at nearly $400 for a pair of seats at the opposite end (even though that is their face value), anyone looking for tix here or on ebay will want either GA or $165 seats close to stage, you'll have trouble unloading those. My guess is you can do better (not necessarily GA) in the public sale, you should at least be able to get somewhere along the side of the lower level for same price.

well, I agree with Headache. I would hold onto your tickets just in case. the shows are going to sell out, I'm sure you will be able to sell your tickets to SOMEONE.

thanks everyone.
I'm returning them now.

*holds nose and calls ticketmaster*

JOFO said:
to remind you, I paid $381.00 for rear of the arena seats.

I have until tommorrow to get a refund.

should I do it?

$381? (Brain calculating...that's over £200!!!) YES. Refund. Definitely.

they refunded my $381.

now I have to try on monday morning.

I'm expecting my $40 refund from u2.com as well.

what nightmare this has been.:sad:

I got a refund too from Ticketmaster. I'll be damned if I'm going to be jerked around by a potentially fraudulent situation. I've demanded my $40 back from U2.com and have yet to hear back from them.

Let's say I don't get tickets. . . so what? Better that than a ripoff akin to highway robbery.

Fan since '83

I paid $350 for 2 seats all the way on the other side of the arena.

I would try for better seats at the general sale then sell your existing tickets to someone on this forum at face value. That's what I plan to do if I can get better tickets.

RobertWiscy said:
I got a refund too from Ticketmaster. I'll be damned if I'm going to be jerked around by a potentially fraudulent situation. I've demanded my $40 back from U2.com and have yet to hear back from them.

Let's say I don't get tickets. . . so what? Better that than a ripoff akin to highway robbery.

Fan since '83

agreed.

Sicy said:
I paid $350 for 2 seats all the way on the other side of the arena.

I would try for better seats at the general sale then sell your existing tickets to someone on this forum at face value. That's what I plan to do if I can get better tickets.
Exactly what I plan to do. Thing is, who wants nosebleed seats as far as you can get from the stage? Lol. At least they were only $50 each.

Yeah, that's the thing, I think you will be able to sell, but not at face value........but losing half is better than losing all.

Personally though, I don't have the money to buy enough GA tickets to make up for the $160 seat one that I have. I could only buy one GA ticket tops.....and then I'd use it and would end up losing a lot of dough still probably...Granted, it's a really good seat I have and could be quite easy to sell, but I'd rather save my money and go to the second SJ show (either GA Floor or nosebleeds).....

Last edited:
boystupidboy said:

You don't want it. Believe me. I got mine the day of the presale and I went into a blind rage. I was incredibly angry when I opened the letter from U2.com and the keychain fell out. My fingers twitched, my face turned purple and my dog actually whimpered in fear and ran away from me.

For all those who are thinking of returning their seats... I hope you have a backup plan, cause the onsale isn't gonna be much better...

Be happy with what you got

I just spoke with Ticketmaster customer service and got the ball rolling for a refund for my tix to the the 5/18 show at Continental Airlines Arena in E. Rutherford. My tix were in Section 124 for $367 total.

They were actually very pleasant on the phone which surprised me. Anyway, the tickets arrive via UPS tomorrow then I have to overnight them (!!) back to their main headquarters. They have to get their by Saturday to get a refund (yikes!!).

For me, its just the principle of it. If I'm gonna pay $367 for a pair of tickets they better be close to the stage and they better be where the chart says they are going to be at the time of purchase. These tix require a flight to NYC and hotel for a few days. It's just not worth it to me unless I have the seats that I really want.

The agent at Ticketmaster said these seats were in group "X16" which is the 16th best group in the arena (out of 300+), and it would be hard for me to get better ones. I told her I found that hard to believe. I'll try my luck at the regular on-sales Monday. If I miss out, then I'll just wait until they come closer to town.

Matt

All of you who already have tickets better read the fine print before jumping in on the general sale, you may run into some trouble if using the same credit card.

"Be happy with what you got"

"All of you better..."

Excuse me, but comments like this are meaningless and empty. I did what I decided to do with my g.d. money.

It looks more and more like there was outright FRAUD going on here and it wasn't just for those that bought Chicago tix.

In fact, aside from the Ticketmaster full refund and the so-far unresponded to U2.com refund demand, I've decided I'm going to my state Attorney General office and filing a formal complaint of fraud.

I have the documentation to back it up - - "U2 concert" United Center seating chart printed hours before the presale, then the "real" one that showed the stage on the opposite end of the arena.

This is fraud and I'm NOT happy at all, nor should anyone be "happy" with fraud. The only thing someone "better do" is not roll over and play dead and be happy with outright fraud.

RobertWiscy said:
"Be happy with what you got"

"All of you better..."

Excuse me, but comments like this are meaningless and empty. I did what I decided to do with my g.d. money.

It looks more and more like there was outright FRAUD going on here and it wasn't just for those that bought Chicago tix.

In fact, aside from the Ticketmaster full refund and the so-far unresponded to U2.com refund demand, I've decided I'm going to my state Attorney General office and filing a formal complaint of fraud.

I have the documentation to back it up - - "U2 concert" United Center seating chart printed hours before the presale, then the "real" one that showed the stage on the opposite end of the arena.

This is fraud and I'm NOT happy at all, nor should anyone be "happy" with fraud. The only thing someone "better do" is not roll over and play dead and be happy with outright fraud.

I totally respect your views and am with you. I also got it up the ass from Ticketbastard. My comment was towards those who already have tickets that are contemplating buying more on the general sale. "I have shit seats but am going to try for better on Sat" you may lose out completely doing that with the insane rules the "powers that be" have instituted.

I agree with Headache...control your emotions because if you get all huffy and return tickets there is NO GUARANTEE that you'll get GA's or tickets any closer than what you bought. You might get cheaper tickets, but I guarantee you they won't be any better.

I feel sorry for all of you who are so pissed off. I understand your anger, but I get the feeling some of you who drop your tickets now won't get tickets later, and then you'll be kicking yourself come March/April. Be careful.

Back
Top Bottom