Should I be paranoid? (ebay related)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You definitely have recourse for a refund here. The buyer should really give you a refund directly. But being a broker, chances are they probably won't.

If you paid through a credit card through Paypal, you can file a chargeback directly through your credit card company stating "merchandise not received". It will definitely piss off your seller, and you'll probably get negative feedback from him, but you'll get your money back.

If you're not ready to do something that drastic yet, then just contact the company by phone, every day, until they track down your tickets. There's no reason a ticket broker should have a delay in getting GAs for these shows - all the GAs were released weeks ago. He probably promised a pair of tickets that he can't deliver.

One thing about e-bay: I've both bought and sold concert tickets on there several times. It's really important for the buyer to have good communication with the seller. Try to work it out first before leaving negative feedback. The feedback should be the very LAST thing you do after you get the refund or whatever.

All that being said, I went to school in Norman, OK, and I used Totally Tickets several times to buy tix for concerts and football games - including one of the U2 Popmart shows in Dallas. They are a reputable company.

Another response saying my name was mispelled in their system. Now they are saying tickets will be shipped by Wednesday and received by Thursday. Almost sounds like an excuse? Will post back when they are received for anyone that may be curious...

tawanda said:
Another response saying my name was mispelled in their system. Now they are saying tickets will be shipped by Wednesday and received by Thursday. Almost sounds like an excuse? Will post back when they are received for anyone that may be curious...

Sounds like it. yeah. :crack:

Good luck hope this works out for you.

Sounds like they are stalling for time, you have definitely waited long enough, obviously they did not have the tickets in stock when they were listed, plenty of time has passed for them to obtain them. As tempting as it is, do not threaten them with negative feedback, that is considered a no-no by ebay and they can have the neg removed if they can prove you threatened it prior to leaving it (not fair, but that's the way of ebay). What you should do now is file an "item not received" complaint with ebay, just click on the auction on your "my ebay page". It is very simple and only takes a few minutes. Also, file a dispute NOW with Paypal, it will be denied because your time limit window has expired, but it does expedite things if you have to file with your credit card company. These actions will definitely rattle the chains of your seller. If they get a total of three "item not received" complaints, their account will be suspended and as a "Power Seller" they are probably aware of this. Again, you have been more than patient, time to act. Good luck to you and hope you receive your tickets!

I also bought tix from these people and do not have them yet. They said I'd have them by the end of the month. I am worried too, but I guess thats the chance I have taken. If I drive 12 hours to Chicago and don't get in I'll be really aggrivated. I have left no feedback yet. I do keep Emailing them.

I did the same thing. My tickets are for Nov. in Atlanta. She sent me the ticketfast copy in pdf format and I read some posts here about scalpers sending out multiples...I contacted her and she checked with ticketmaster and they are converting them to real tickets. It has been a couple of weeks and I was beginning to wonder if she is giving me the run around. Esp. since she replied to me this am that they had W-Fan on them and now she knows how valuable they could potentially be (or not). I am a basket case. I am too very paranoid. :(

I imagine that a refund could be received for a ticketfast copy as well. If you show up at the arena and don't get in, that qualifies as item not as described. I bought a pair of e-tickets from some older guy who only sells buttons usually, and quite frankly, I trust him. Have to wait until Apr 20 to find out though. Or is there any other way to discern whether a ticketfast copy has been printed only once?

personally I would néver buy tickets this way... just don't trust anyone who want's to make money on tickets...

Neilz said:
personally I would néver buy tickets this way... just don't trust anyone who want's to make money on tickets...

True, sounds good, but I really want to go, so much I paid a fortune for GAs. I wouldn't go otherwise. I couldn't get tickets on 2 different concerts for 2 different sales. I think I am an idiot for paying that much, but if I am willing to do it, take the risk, etc, I am the crazy one, not him! LOL.

As for Ticketfast, there is no way to tell the original one. Ticketmaster advises get there early to be the first one to redeem it in case there were multiple sales of same pdf ticket. She is transfering mine to hard tickets, it can be done. I feel safer that way.

I figure the worst that could happen is I WON"t get to go. That would really suck. REALLY. There would be a hassle with the Paypal/Ebay situation, but I would live over it. Not attending the concert would be worse for me than losing the money.

Fair enough.. I feel lucky too to have tickets for the Amsterdam show(s), and I would probably also pay higher prices to scalpers if I didn't have tickets.. Still I would be very carefull.. But I must admit, in the States the distances are very big so the only way of purchasing from a scalper is via mail.. In Holland I bought many tickets over the internet, but got to make the transaction in person..

Update:

Thursday I hadn't received a tracking number, so I called the 1-800#. I got put off saying I would get an email later that day with the number. I was a little irritated, so I sent them the following email;

Still waiting for a routing number. Your phone rep today tells me tickets will not be received today (Thursday) per your last email, but tomorrow. That puts this transaction at 60days, the deadline for filing an "item not received" with ebay. Please send as promised, so I don't have to file with ebay. Thanks.

Theirs;
Please note your auction CLEARLY states that sometimes tickets don't arrive
until a few days before the show. This is something you should consider in
the future when you order on ebay is clearly reading the terms of delivery

Totally Tickets Inc.

Another irate email from me;
Yes, I KNOW it says that in the auction. I have heard too many stories about tickets being revoked by ticketmaster, etc to be comfortable with waiting so long. Believe me, I will definitely consider this before purchasing tickets under these circumstances in the future. I appreciate your correspondence with me on this issue.

Well, I tracked the number they gave me and I should receive them by 3:00 today (Friday).

Was I being too polite? I didn't want to piss them off and risk not getting them...

eherncane said:
I also bought tix from these people and do not have them yet. They said I'd have them by the end of the month. I am worried too, but I guess thats the chance I have taken. If I drive 12 hours to Chicago and don't get in I'll be really aggrivated. I have left no feedback yet. I do keep Emailing them.

Good luck, let me know how it works out...

Bought 2 tickets to Boston 5/28 over eBay, they took a while to come, but was related to the seller waiting for Ticketmaster to deliver them to his house, and then he fowarded them to us. But in agreement with a lot of other posters, it has been a long time.

Another tracking reveals they went from Chicago to Appleton (20 miles away) to Tennessee!!! That was noon today...how the hell would they be able to get here by 3pm (expected arrival)?

BTW I'm in Northeast Wisconsin...

I need to see these in my hot little hand before I believe they are in fact what I purchased and the 60 days "purchase not received" is up...

ree5669 said:

As for Ticketfast, there is no way to tell the original one. Ticketmaster advises get there early to be the first one to redeem it in case there were multiple sales of same pdf ticket. She is transfering mine to hard tickets, it can be done. I feel safer that way.

Can that be done to an e-ticket once the ticket has exchanged hands from the original purchaser? How long does the process take?

Okay, tickets are finally in my grubby little hands...I've inspected them carefully...they look like they were purchased directly from United Center for 59.50. I called them and this sounds legit. They say Section GA, Row G1, Seat 273. Now, thats still floor, right?

tawanda said:
They say Section GA, Row G1, Seat 273. Now, thats still floor, right?

Yep, the GAs just have the Rows and Seat #'s on them just for tracking and numbering purposes.........enjoy your tickets, and here's hoping the show is worth all of the trouble.

No I cannot exchange the ticketfast for hard ones, since I don't know all the original purchase info (i.e., credit card #s such) but she is doing it for me. She sent me a copy of the pdf as an attachment forwarded to me from what she got from ticketmaster. She called them, they are cancelling the ticketfast and sending HER hard tickets, which I am INSURING and she is sending to me (hopefully.....).

swanny said:
ehernace....who'd ya buy em from?

I am going to 18 shows, I've bought about half thru Ebay since I wanted GA's ... most tickets arrived just fine. I did buy my Chicago tix thru the same person Tawanda did for Sat 5-7 and I still don't have them yet either. I'm also waiting on Philly tix for the 5-14 show from Newbury Street tickets. They also have not arrived. Ebay has since removed them as a seller. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get them. I was new to Ebay... I wish I had realized ahead of time...when it is a single person selling tickets because they have extra or even just to make a buck you get them... but a lot of ticket companies sell them based on them thinking they will get them...

Back
Top Bottom