Shit out of luck...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
I'd just like to add that this entire e-bay thing where they actually enforce New York state law...

New York restricts its residents from bidding higher than face value (plus fees) plus the greater of 20% of the ticket price or $5.00 for tickets to events taking place in New York.

... meaning i'm basicly shit out of luck when it comes to bidding on MSG tickets for May... so I either have to trade (not likely) or pay rediculous prices from brokers.

Someone from Jersey can bid whatever they want for a ticket to a show in NYC, but I can only bid up to a certain... low... number. How does this make sense?

That show is like a lost cause unless you want to spend a load of cash. Grim.

eBay's ticket selling rules are crap and encourage all sorts of bad practices. change the address on your account?

I guess the problem I have is that eBay should not let people start ticket prices at $500 for $50 tickets. They should team up with ticketmaster and allow the user to put in the code that's on the ticket to verifiy the ticket is legit, automatically begin bidding at face value, and give it to the bidder who is first to the 20% above face value. They would also easily be able to transfer ownership of ticketfast type tickets so you wouldn't have to worry about a ticket being sold 45 different times to different people.

I'd ignore the rules personally and go ahead and bid, I doubt eBay has the ability to police all ticket auctions.

u2wedge said:
eBay's ticket selling rules are crap and encourage all sorts of bad practices. change the address on your account?

I guess the problem I have is that eBay should not let people start ticket prices at $500 for $50 tickets. They should team up with ticketmaster and allow the user to put in the code that's on the ticket to verifiy the ticket is legit, automatically begin bidding at face value, and give it to the bidder who is first to the 20% above face value. They would also easily be able to transfer ownership of ticketfast type tickets so you wouldn't have to worry about a ticket being sold 45 different times to different people.

I'd ignore the rules personally and go ahead and bid, I doubt eBay has the ability to police all ticket auctions.

Weren't you proposing boycotting Ebay and having those with U2 tix for sale removed??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom