Sharon Osbourne should be shot....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:

I agree completely. :up: We seem to have alot of people on this board lately looking to be offended.

Just like the people who are apparently checking various news sites just to see if something was said about U2 that they could post here and act offended at.

U2Man said:

Just like the people who are apparently checking various news sites just to see if something was said about U2 that they could post here and act offended at.
i didnt need to check "various news sites" as its on the homepage of interference

should i really be getting this type of response after expressing MY OPINION? is that what were saying here? everyone has the right to express an opinion, but when i express mine about how dissapointed i am about this comment people go mad?

but when someone expresses an opinion that goes against the band its always "oh yeah their entitled to there opinion etc"

KUEFC09U2 said:
oh right ok so its fine for someone who advertises for ASDA and "judges" the x factor, should be able to judge U2's music and live performances?

hmmm yes
Come on! She isn't giving a serious judgement of U2's music and live performance... It isn't a newspaper review :huh:

She just doesn't seem to happy with the amount of politics that U2 (Bono) weaves into the show... She brings it with humor (not to be taken tóó serious) and doesn't say that U2 or their music is boring anyway... I have heard the same thing from non-U2 fans, who find their current show to be too political...

You are really easely offended... Think of your blood presure!! :wink:

Neilz said:

Come on! She isn't giving a serious judgement of U2's music and live performance... It isn't a newspaper review :huh:

She just doesn't seem to happy with the amount of politics that U2 (Bono) weaves into the show... She brings it with humor (not to be taken tóó serious) and doesn't say that U2 or their music is boring anyway... I have heard the same thing from non-U2 fans, who find their current show to be too political...

You are really easely offended... Think of your blood presure!! :wink:
too political? well as i keep banging on about, what about when he done it all during the JT? ZooTv? Popmart? elevation? oh right yes it must have been "cool" then

KUEFC09U2 said:
too political? well as i keep banging on about, what about when he done it all during the JT? ZooTv? Popmart? elevation? oh right yes it must have been "cool" then
No... Back than it wasn't that obvious! That's all... These days Bono meets up with presidents hours before a show! That can be
interpreted in a bad way!

See I can separate the performing U2 and the political U2 (Bono), but a lot of people see them as the same thing! And ever since the Elevation Tour, Bono has (maybe) become tóó political... That cán damage U2's image... Some people like it, some people don't... I can understand both groups really... Sharon seems to dislike it.. Can't blame her really! But for your information; I'm really sure she doesn't think U2 or their music is boring... Only the political image U2 has proclaimed themselves... (if her remarks were serious infact, she may just wan't some media attention of course)...

Last edited:
stevec said:
Sharon is as Sharon does...

She has very few other skills in her life, so let her take her little shot at the world's biggest band. It's theatre, or at best pantomime and she's just playing the wicked witch.

As I also said in that other thread about this subject:
:tsk:

And again, people with no knowledge about the music industry blast another person. *

* Maybe I should add 'blast another person who says something not positive about U2.'

KUEFC09U2 said:
i didnt need to check "various news sites" as its on the homepage of interference

should i really be getting this type of response after expressing MY OPINION? is that what were saying here? everyone has the right to express an opinion, but when i express mine about how dissapointed i am about this comment people go mad?

I addressed Blue Room, I didn't address you, but I did speak of you.

Well, you brought this piece of news to this section, right? Even though it had it's own place in the news section already.

I tried to explain to Blue Room (and the rest of you who took some comments in here very seriously) that when someone - in this case: you - act so overwhelmingly offended by a totally insignificant remark by Sharon Osbourne, people might wish to play along and act offended at what you write here. For my part, as I have already written once, I know you didn't mean it literally, that it is a figure of speach, although your, um, in general, biased attitude towards the band made me a little worried.....I exaggerated my initial response in order to try to make you understand that it really isn't worth it, getting furious everytime someone says something critical about U2. I-R-O-N-Y.

As I have already told you once in this thread, Bono has done these things, too, over the years, trying to gain publicity by saying something controversial in public. Should the French President have ordered Bono shot back then? Would you have liked that? Of course he didn't do that, a few years later, he even handed him a fine French decoration. Why don't you just follow that good example by, at least, trying to ignore what Sharon Osbourne says? :shrug:

"your, um, in general, biased attitude towards the band made me a little worried"

its called enjoying what the band are doing in this "era", but for some reason people always get shot down when they have this opinion, just because we dont "dislike" something they are doing

KUEFC09U2 said:
"your, um, in general, biased attitude towards the band made me a little worried"

its called enjoying what the band are doing in this "era", but for some reason people always get shot down when they have this opinion, just because we dont "dislike" something they are doing

I actually think I have seen you use this phrase about yourself somewhere on this site. But you know what I mean. You seem to like everything about U2 and what they are doing and you challenge every single critical remark made about them on this site, and that's fine, if you believe that is what you have to do. But please understand that everyone can't be equally positive and that some might wonder whether there isn't a single tiny thing about U2 that you think they could do better.

U2Man said:

I actually think I have seen you use this phrase about yourself somewhere on this site. But you know what I mean. You seem to like everything about U2 and what they are doing and you challenge every single critical remark made about them on this site, and that's fine, if you believe that is what you have to do. But please understand that everyone can't be equally positive and that some might wonder whether there isn't a single tiny thing about U2 that you think they could do better.
oh come on take your negative tinted glasses of for one second, do you ALWAYS have to be so negative towards the band? this goes for ALOT of people who decide they are going to take a shot at them, at every chance they get, your telling the people who do defend them to stop being positive all the time, well do certain people have to be so negative all the time? seriously do they?

KUEFC09U2 said:
oh come on take your negative tinted glasses of for one second, do you ALWAYS have to be so negative towards the band? this goes for ALOT of people who decide they are going to take a shot at them, at every chance they get, your telling the people who do defend them to stop being positive all the time, well do certain people have to be so negative all the time? seriously do they?
You can't seem to differ the real negative comments from the ironic comments... You seem to see every single critism as a shot at the band... Lighten up! U2 are not saints you know, they dó sometimes fuck something up... They do make mistakes... And really; they áre human... So there is nothing strange with the fact that sometimes they get negative comments... Just don't act so offended on every single one! The last person I would take serious is Sharon... She isn't even worth a 5 page thread!

(ps, you haven't reacted to my earlier post)

Last edited:
Neilz said:

You can't seem to differ the real negative comments from the ironic comments... You seem to see every single critism as a shot at the band... Lighten up! U2 are not saints you know, they dó sometimes fuck something up... They do make mistakes... And really; they áre human...

(ps, you haven't reacted to my earlier post)
of course they do.... but this whole tour "isnt a mistake" which some make it out to be and not just in their opinion but as fact

also what was your earlier post

KUEFC09U2 said:
of course they do.... but this whole tour "isnt a mistake" which some make it out to be and not just in their opinion but as fact

also what was your earlier post
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2810300#post2810300

But now you are only talking about some people... There are always some people who think that... Let them!

You just get all red hot when someone like Sharon makes a remark on U2's political behaviour... Let her is what I think (as I explained, I even think she has a point)....

ok popmart when he got the 2 irish ministers to come on stage and shake hands? his rants at reegan? the ZooTv link up's with sarajevo were one of the most obvious political stances they have taken, as it was actually linking up to a WAR zone during a show

KUEFC09U2 said:
ok popmart when he got the 2 irish ministers to come on stage and shake hands? his rants at reegan? the ZooTv link up's with sarajevo were one of the most obvious political stances they have taken, as it was actually linking up to a WAR zone during a show
The thing you're talking about during Popmart was something special... That was a groundbraking moment for Ireland...

The stuff during Zoo-TV was as ironic as could be, and really part of the show... The Sarajevo satalite uplinks were fully part of the show to make the people aware of what's going on... Fact is that it wás political, but also very much part of a show that brought a lot of different things up... Zoo-TV was about a lot of things, one being politics...

This tour, there is no concept.. Just a rockshow! So all the speeches during songs about Bono's political movements might be a bit much for some people.. And that feeling might be getting a lot stronger when people are reading that Bono meets up with presidents and ministers between shows... It's a bit much these days...

Neilz said:

The thing you're talking about during Popmart was something special... That was a groundbraking moment for Ireland...

The stuff during Zoo-TV was as ironic as could be, and really part of the show... The Sarajevo satalite uplinks were fully part of the show to make the people aware of what's going on... Fact is that it wás political, but also very much part of a show that brought a lot of different things up... Zoo-TV was about a lot of things, one being politics...

This tour, there is no concept.. Just a rockshow! So all the speeches during songs about Bono's political movements might be a bit much for some people.. And that feeling might be getting a lot stronger when people are reading that Bono meets up with presidents and ministers between shows... It's a bit much these days...
unless i missed something there is a very big concept to this tour, but one that is spread into many different things, and polotics is once again one of those things, hence why we have the "african" section of the show, the "war" section of the show, and the "hope and love section" i would say bono trying to say whether one country shouldnt be at war with another is alot worse than him trying to raise awareness of the plight of africa,

KUEFC09U2 said:
unless i missed something there is a very big concept to this tour, but one that is spread into many different things, and polotics is once again one of those things, hence why we have the "african" section of the show, the "war" section of the show, and the "hope and love section" i would say bono trying to say whether one country shouldnt be at war with another is alot worse than him trying to raise awareness of the plight of africa,
Nooo... You don't know what I mean I guess... With Popmart and Zoo-TV it was clear what the show was about; The stage, the videoart, the clothing, the attitude, the flyers, the new songs... It all marked the tour's concept... Media, Irony, Consumpion, Politics... But most of all, irony of course

This tour is just a rocktour, nothing more! No irony on media, consumption and politics really... Just rock! And of course we as U2 fans see an african section, a war section and a hope and love section... But that is not a/the tour concept! That's just a feeling that evolved during the tour... U2 didn't sit down in the beginning penning a war section and a hope and love section...

That is what I mean... With Zoo-TV and Popmart it was all planned... All the politics (and irony) were part of the show, and the general publics sees that! This tour, there is no clear concept and all the speeches of Bono don't fit in the show really... Some like it, and some don't...

Last edited:
Neilz said:

Nooo... You don't know what I mean I guess... With Popmart and Zoo-TV it was clear what the show was about; The stage, the videoart, the clothing, the attitude, the flyers, the new songs... It all marked the tour's concept... Media, Irony, Consumpion, Politics... But most of all, irony of course

This tour is just a rocktour, nothing more! No irony on media, consumption and politics really... Just rock! And of course we as U2 fans see an african section, a war section and a hope and love section... But that is not a/the tour concept! That's just a feeling that evolved during the tour... U2 didn't sit down in the beginning penning a war section and a hope and love section...

That is what I mean... With Zoo-TV and Popmart it was all planned... All the politics (and irony) were part of the show, and the general publics sees that! This tour, there is no clear concept and all the speeches of Bono don't fit in the show really... Some like it, and some don't...
ok then... how did the politics fit into the elevation tour? as his speeches were just as long and sever then as they are now

KUEFC09U2 said:
ok then... how did the politics fit into the elevation tour? as his speeches were just as long and sever then as they are now
I don't think so... On Elevation there were far less speeches... Only during BTBS and before/after One...

Furthermore; during Elevation, Bono's face wasn't in the newspapers as much as it is now...

You should really talk/listen to none-U2 fans more, who go to U2 shows...

Neilz said:

Actually, I think U2 did. They did plan those sections. In various articles it has even been mentioned that Bono specifically called for altering the ...Streets... opening (compared to the sea of white light on previous tours), to link Pride with One (through ...Streets...).
This tour is not just a rock tour. This is U2 showing their opinion on some aspects of the world today. But this time, they don't use the irony.

Neilz said:

I don't think so... On Elevation there were far less speeches... Only during BTBS and before/after One...

Furthermore; during Elevation, Bono's face wasn't in the newspapers as much as it is now...

You should really talk/listen to none-U2 fans more, who go to U2 shows...
and lets not forget his speech before the accoustic please,

his main speech this tour is JUST during ONE, as what he says during pride and streets actually ties in with them songs, much as you said it all tied together during Zoo and popmart

his face was in the papers ALOT i seem to remember, specially with bush etc

Popmartijn said:
Actually, I think U2 did. They did plan those sections. In various articles it has even been mentioned that Bono specifically called for altering the ...Streets... opening (compared to the sea of white light on previous tours), to link Pride with One (through ...Streets...). This tour is not just a rock tour. This is U2 showing their opinion on some aspects of the world today. But this time, they don't use the irony.
Well ok.. Maybe they planned the sections, but that still doesn't make it a concept for the tour! Song selection's are not a concept..

KUEFC09U2 said:
and lets not forget his speech before the accoustic please,

his main speech this tour is JUST during ONE, as what he says during pride and streets actually ties in with them songs, much as you said it all tied together during Zoo and popmart

his face was in the papers ALOT i seem to remember, specially with bush etc
About the speeches fitting in during Popmart and Zoo-TV... Back than the only real politics were brought in an arty way... It fitted in the tour concept and had irony! The intro's of UTEOTW (Zoo-TV), BTBS/RTSS (Zoo-TV), SBS (Popmart)...

This time, all the politics are very serious! And that maybe a bit too much for some people...

(PS. These days, Bono is in the media far more often than during Elevation... So often that even I think he should take a step down, for U2's sake that is...)

KUEFC09U2 said:

I was just explaining to you why I used the word "biased" since that was the only thing you reacted to in my previous, quite long, post.

No, people should not be solely negative all the time in here, either. That is actually against the rules, so, for my part, I rely on Elvis, Sicy and the mods to solve this matter, if there is a problem.

I am really wondering why you are accusing *me* of this since you actually managed to get me to write a long post the other day about what I like about the tour, and I have been cheering the new album and OOTS as a single in various threads on this board. But no matter what I say to you, you just don't seem to want to listen or remember it :shrug:

Last edited:
Neilz said:

Well ok.. Maybe they planned the sections, but that still doesn't make it a concept for the tour! Song selection's are not a concept..

About the speeches fitting in during Popmart and Zoo-TV... Back than the only real politics were brought in an arty way... It fitted in the tour concept and had irony! The intro's of UTEOTW (Zoo-TV), BTBS/RTSS (Zoo-TV), SBS (Popmart)...

This time, all the politics are very serious! And that maybe a bit too much for some people...

(PS. These days, Bono is in the media far more often than during Elevation... So often that even I think he should take a step down, for U2's sake that is...)
i dont agree, bono was still aiming to get his points across just like he is now, and to be honest i havent seen U2 or bono in many papers this time around, only when they are being reviewd etc, 2 things from the elevation tour stick out press wise, when bono was seen with bush (peace sign) and the world economics forum

his speech before one and please during the elevation tour had nothing to do with that show AT ALL, it was just there, but this time it all fits into its own part of the show

Neilz said:

What's a concept then for you?

U2Man said:

I was just explaining to you why I used the word "biased" since that was the only thing you reacted to in my previous, quite long, post.

No, people should not be solely negative all the time in here, either. That is actually against the rules, so, for my part, I rely on Elvis, Sicy and the mods to solve this matter, if there is a problem.

I am really wondering why you are accusing *me* of this since you actually managed to get me to write a long post the other day about what I like about the tour, and I have been cheering the new album and OOTS as a single in various threads on this board. But no matter what I say to you, you just don't seem to want to listen or remember it :shrug:
its not just you mate, am pretty sure you know who most of the people i am talking about are

Popmartijn said:
What's a concept then for you?
The general idea/feeling of a tour period really...

U2's biggest concept tours were Popmart and Zoo-TV.. The thing that makes the concept clear on these tour's were :

- The songs (Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Pop)
- The clothing/style
- The politics
- The stage
- The attitude
- The irony

They all blended in with each other and were very designed.. It was clear that all these things were thought out really well and all had the irony on themselves, the subtle artwork/politics, stage, style, attitude and even clothing... The total package was a unity and typical for that period...

This tour, all of that isn't there... The stage doesn't smell Vertigo.. The show could have been pulled of on any other stage design.. Their attitude, style and choice of clothing isn't typical for this specific tour... It is not a unity! And therefor this is not a concept tour, but 'just' a rockshow...

And there is nothing wrong with a good old rockshow... The Stones do it all the time! Only, people take you a bit more serious when you don't hide behind a concept and are not ironic that much...

Last edited:
I would'nt listen to a word Sharon Osborne has to say,if anybody saw that joke of a show"the x factor"the first time round you will remember that she was backing some bloke called Tabby who was a fucking joke,he murdered everything he covered even bon jovi who murdered their own songs,her husbands that fucked he's quit touring or so i have read,so maybe theres a bit of jealousy there?

the edges plec said:
I would'nt listen to a word Sharon Osborne has to say,if anybody saw that joke of a show"the x factor"the first time round you will remember that she was backing some bloke called Tabby who was a fucking joke,he murdered everything he covered even bon jovi who murdered their own songs,her husbands that fucked he's quit touring or so i have read,so maybe theres a bit of jealousy there?
dont you will get shouted at for disagreeing with a bad thing thats said about U2

KUEFC09U2 said:
its not just you mate, am pretty sure you know who most of the people i am talking about are

I wonder if i belong in that category of "people" :wink:

Back
Top Bottom