Sharon Osbourne should be shot....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KUEFC09U2 said:
what does that have to do with sharon osbourne?

Bono did exactly back then what you just accused Sharon Osbourne of.

Let the matter rest.

Last edited:
i cannot belive the abuse i am reciving after defending the band from someone who decides they are going to rip into anyone (coldplay included) just to gain publicity

Well, to be fair Sharon Osborne would probably find this thread quite funny as she is no shrinking violet herself.

why dont the people slagging me of for defending the band on this subject, take a little walk over to the U2news section of the forum, under the sharon osbourne story, plenty of people defending the band there for you to get your teeth into

KUEFC09U2 said:
why dont the people slagging me of for defending the band on this subject, take a little walk over to the U2news section of the forum, under the sharon osbourne story, plenty of people defending the band there for you to get your teeth into

Well, if you don't like the attention you attracted here, maybe you shouldn't have started this thread in the first place :)

Does this mean that sharon actually went to a u2 show..?

and does that mean bono has to go to an Ozzy show now... :shrug:

:bono: bono: Hmm eating bats......... :hmm: wonder if i would get Larry to do that

She shows her ignorance my making those comments. I'm amazed at the flak the poster has received here- its plainly obvious its a figure of speech he was using, we really mustn't get into some paranoid airport security mentality about the language that people use.

BTW is anyone wants to know the true meaning of boring look at the Osbornes sometime. At least U2 don't need to eat the heads off live animals to get some headlines..

KUEFC09U2 said:
oh right ok so its fine for someone who advertises for ASDA and "judges" the x factor, should be able to judge U2's music and live performances?

hmmm yes

I am a nobody... and I still judge U2's music and performances and some people read my comments in this forum... so I guess that everyone has the right to do so. :shrug:

I guess it is up to viewers / listeners / readers to consider it or not. I doubt that her comment will deter U2 from doing any more shows.

So I would not worry about it :up: I will buy you a beer if I ever end up in Liverpool and we will laugh togeher about it. No sweat.

maybe she likes u2 shows but doesn't like the vertigo tour yet, anyway with such a comment it sounds like she's being sarcastic, she's just jeleous rolling stones aren't as exciting.

KUEFC09U2 said:
i cannot belive the abuse i am reciving after defending the band from someone who decides they are going to rip into anyone (coldplay included) just to gain publicity

:laugh: Well, concerning the people bashing Coldplay, I would say that if attention and "publicity" is what they want to achieve, they should go anywhere but here - because here they are lost in the crowd :wink: Maybe a Coldplay forum would be a more obvious place to go if you want attention? :hmm:

Last edited:
KUEFC09U2 said:
but lets be serious for a second, this is coming from someone who was on drugs, has raised 2 children that are addicted to drugs, etc come on surley your not 100% happy with those remarks

Actually, I'm not trying to nitpick, but Sharon Osbourne never did drugs. Ozzy of course had problems and they say addiction is genetic, which could explain the kids....

Anyway, she never said she disliked U2, just that their current concerts were boring. I don't agree, but I don't think it's anything to get riled up about. Just like we shouldn't get riled up about the title of this thread.

Was she being serious even? I dont know if she was because even if your not a fan of the music at a U2 show the show is a spectacle.

...when I saw McCartney on the last tour 2002 I believe, Sharon & Ozzy were indeed at the show, it the suites section right above my head. People were waving to him, and he did stand up and wave back. This was all, of course, during intermission....

I digressed, sorry.

She speaks her mind. So what. She's entitled to her opinion. Those here on the forum of course will disagree because this is a U2 forum. Can't you see? are you 'Paranoid' (get it, :giggle: :wink: )

Lila64 said:
...when I saw McCartney on the last tour 2002 I believe, Sharon & Ozzy were indeed at the show, it the suites section right above my head. People were waving to him, and he did stand up and wave back. This was all, of course, during intermission....

I digressed, sorry.

She speaks her mind. So what. She's entitled to her opinion. Those here on the forum of course will disagree because this is a U2 forum. Can't you see? are you 'Paranoid' (get it, :giggle: :wink: )

:giggle: I get it Lila...that's cute :wink:

OK, getting back to the title of this thread "Sharon Osbourne should be shot" I say to that "Bite your Tongue" :wink: Sharon is cool as hell, if that's her opinion, fine. We all know U2 isn't boring, but differences of opinion are what make the world go round. How boring it would be if we all agreed....

Heaven is for heroes, and hell is full of fools...

KUEFC09U2 said:

Well I didn't throw any abuse your way mate. I just don't think Shaz is worth getting too riled up about, that's all.

I'm not a fan of hers at all, but I do find her amusing. Tho probably when she's not actually trying to be amusing to be honest.

Achtung Ya'll said:

Ok..um...while I totally agree with some things getting misunderstood over the internet/text messaging (because of lack of tone, inflection etc etc etc), if you or U2Man actually took him seriously then I think that's your fault and not his.

Saying "[insert name of person] should be shot!" is a very often used figure of speech and should be recognized by almost everyone as being just that.

I'm sorry I just don't really see how that could be misunderstood by anyone over the age of 13.

I agree completely. :up: We seem to have alot of people on this board lately looking to be offended.

On the subject, who cares what Sharon Osbourne thinks?? Not I, it would bother me more if a diehard fan felt that way (even then, who cares). But Sharon Osbourne??? :laugh: Like Ozzy has been putting on blazing shows over the last 15 years! I dont think so.

Since Sharon said watching U2 is like watching CNN, I think the reason she finds U2's concerts boring is she's one of those people who can't be bothered with reflecting on what's going on in the world and just wants to see stuff blow up on stage or whatever it is that happens at Ozzy's shows. Personally I don't think the opinion of people like that counts for much, so I'm not particularly upset by this.

I dont understand how or why people get all fired up when someone doesnt like U2. That CA radio guy ( i dont remember his name...?) i remember when eveyone was up in arms over his comments.
For instance...I have a friend who CANT STAND Bono's voice...he just wont take it at all. I dont mind, i just let him have his own opnion. So when Sharon O of all people doesnt like a U2 show...let her stick to the "fucking bubbles".:wink:

Bono's shades said:
Since Sharon said watching U2 is like watching CNN, I think the reason she finds U2's concerts boring is she's one of those people who can't be bothered with reflecting on what's going on in the world and just wants to see stuff blow up on stage or whatever it is that happens at Ozzy's shows.

...OR she just doesn't like U2. Who says she doesn't care about what's going on in the world? :rolleyes:

This thread is :coocoo:

:huh:

:wink:

It's sharon Osbourne people. She's....Sharon! Personally, I like her. :shrug: I could care less what she says about U2.

im going to be overly politcally correct from now on. it'll be fun. don't fucking offend me, ever.

If she didnt like U2 im sure she wouldnt be at the show, just like when The Rolling Stones said the same thing about the Popmart tour in 97 they said they were watching it and waiting for something to happen and that was just as stupid a comment as she is making, but hopefully in the end she wont show up to another concert because really people that dont listen or care to listen to U2 on at least a semi regular basis in my mind shouldnt be there. I hate the people that just go to a U2 concert because it is in town and its a big event...thats probably why she was there.

As I said shes been talking to Ozzy for so long she probably cant understand the English language anymore because he can't string 2 words together without stumbling. I think she should worry about her "juvanile" family before she goes on and insults how boring a U2 show is, I would like to know her opinion on what a great show is if she thinks U2 is boring. Probably thinks kiss is great with all the flames and fireworks.

But she can have her opinion I just wont agree with it and if i ever see her id tell her that Ozzy Osbourne is certainly one of the most over rated and over publicized musicians of all time.

Back
Top Bottom