Share Your Presale Problems, Issues, Concerns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote anything you want:

Through Propaganda I was able to get tickets for both UK legs of the ZOO TV tour, Popmart and tickets for the first Slane Castle gig.
When I used Propaganda I was always a bit scared that something would go wrong, like the tickets being lost etc etc, but it all went smoothly.

Move forward to Tuesday morning 11am. I am going for tickets for Brussels. To start with I couldn't access U2.com at all, the site was in meltdown. after 30 mins I eventually get in. I enter my access code and I get page unavailable, then I get into the Ticketmaster waiting page for 5 mins then get kicked out. When I retry my access code doesn't work. After sending many emails to Gateway nothing happens. Then later the password works again. I enter it and after a few page unavailable messages I get through to the ticket page. I enter my requirements, choose my credit card, click next and the page crashes. I hit the back button and try again and I have been timed out. :mad:

I call teleticketservice.com and they tell me to request to have my access code reset via the U2 webpage. I do this and get the automated response email. which was useless.

I call teleticketservice.com again and they now say that I can order my tickets by email. I do so and after hours of waiting I call them back. They tell me they have ONE person handling over 900 email orders and I should receive a confirmation email on Wednesday. It's still early but I have received nothing yet. I just know that I will need to call them again this afternoon and the answer I get will be not to my liking.

I did all this while at work. If my boss wasn't also a U2 fan then I'd probably have been sacked. The ironic thing is, I've been a Propaganda subscriber for years and a U2.com subscriber since day one - he subscribed on Monday and was able to get tickets as his access code worked.... eventually. Life's a bitch!:huh:

Mr McGuinness and Principle Management. Sort this mess out or hang your heads in shame.

All I am now is all I have ever been a statitistic. Fan number #44858 who feels conned out of $40, disgusted with the process, infuriated with the band, and at this moment not really caring whether I see them or not. I don't feel like paying anything to see them now.

You can quote me Chris Colledge

***Update***

After receiving an email from Ticketmaster, I finally got 2 for Brussels. It was still a bit dodgy on the website, got thrown out a few times, but my access code worked every time (shock).

I hope it all works again on Monday for Dublin (2nd access code) :|

UK Fan here, and previous Prop member.

10am the site crashed on me
1015 "Site busy please wait"
1030 "sorry you have come to this from the wrong URL"
1045 "CODE INVALID" email sent
11am "sorry page does not exist"
1115 " code not valid" email sent

Its now Wednesday, still cant get in, still no tickets still no email back from ticketmaster, and when i phoned the rudest bunch of
:censored: i have talked to.

Some thing has to be done NOW, this is one very :censored: off nearly EX U2 fan

Sorry to vent :(

Paul

Same experience as many European fans ...

I have been a U2 fan since 1982 but have only seen them twice in concert (1991 and 2001). Normally I'm just unable to get tickets. So this time I joined U2.com and paid my 40 dollars to get the pre-sale access code. It was clearly the main incentive to registering as a member on the website.

I clicked on the pre-sale page on U2's website at 10am exactly and entered my pre-sale access code as instructed. I got directed to a ticketmaster web page, which simply told me to wait. So I waited. And waited. Then, after about 20 minutes, the screen changed and told me that I couldn't access the site now because "you have come here from the wrong link - please return to ..." and re-directed me to a general ticketmaster website which did not say anything about a U2 tour.

So, you think - I know, I'll go back to the pre-sale page on U2 website and try again. That asked me to re-enter my access code. Which I did. It then said "The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable". So I waited a moment and tried again, and this time ... drum roll ... I get on the right page but it says "Your access code has not been accepted ... It is invalid as it has already been used". Yes, by me!!! And it didn't work!!! Aaaagh!

So you send an email to the address that is given if you are having any problems, and you get no reply. You try the comment page on the U2 website and you simply getting an automated reply telling you that the access code was case sensitive (which I knew already).

So I had wasted an entire morning when I should have been working and I was left with the nasty feeling of having been conned out of 40 dollars. I could have handled it if the tickets had sold out quickly, but to fall at the first hurdle was deeply frustrating.

Retried the access code first thing this morning and it worked straight away. I now have four tickets, at long last. It will be worth every penny, although it would also have been worth a few pennies less, if you follow my meaning.

Do not give up the fight. Continue faxing today (I have re-faxed the ones I sent yesterday to both offices).

Principle Management NY : +1 (212) 765-2372
Principle Management Dublin: + (353) 1 6777 276

:mad: :mad: :mad:

All quotable.

Propaganda member since 1988.

For San Diego using my u2.com code.
Using a very fast web connection at work, I was online before 10am started re-freshing at five minutes before and it took 1 hour 40 minutes of getting "internal error" to finally get an order screen from which I selected best available and it came up with two tickets in T3 (the upper most level), so I took these 163.00 each nosebleeds because I was afraid that there would be nothing better or it would sell out completely.

For San Jose using my friends u2.com code.
Same story as above except the seats are in the lower level but at the back of the arena in 103 row 25.

After getting Prop tickets for everything since LoveTown, this is the furthest away from the stage that I have ever been at a U2 concert.

It is very sad to think that some people that are not devoted fans might have a better view, just because they can afford ticket broker prices.

I GO FROM ENTERING MY CODE TO A SCREEN THAT SAYS"TO ACCESS THIS PAGE YOU MUST ARRIVE FROM THE CORRECT PAGE..PLEASE RETURN TO ONSALE.TICKETMASTER.COM/U2.SO I PRESS THE LIK AND IM BACK TO WHERE I STARTED.AROUND AND AROUND UNTILL THE CODE FAILS ......WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??????
AM I THE ONLY ONE LEFT WHO IS STILL HAVING PROBLEMS???????

pre sale

my experience was less stressful than some others but anyway

logged in at 10am- chose tickets got through to Ticketbastard- couldn't find the web page

tried through the weblink on the email I got and via u2.com, several white screens later I finally got through to the list of shows, punched in the code and waited, and waited and waited, whilst Ticketbastard was apprently trying to connect me, Joshua Tree and Notorious cd's later I got bored, clicked manual refresh and it crashed

fearing the worst, I logged back in again and glory be I was able to buy tickets

now (and you can quote me on this) £55-£65-£85 plus the usual Ticketbastard fleecing for tickets to a stadium show- are you guys taking the piss? Has U2 succumbed to corporate greed after all these years, Oasis, REM and Duran Duran are all doing outdoor stadium shows in the Uk this year and none of those tickets were anywhere near this price- so what's your excuse U2? Why also are GA tickets for Dublin only £50 (incl fees)? And likewise why are USA indoor tickets either the same price or cheaper? I'd love to hear them or their management justifying why they can charge such rip off ticket prices for the UK

When I told my brother what this cost there was a moments silence on the other end of the phone whilst he came to terms with being ripped off by his favourite band

I'm sure the gigs will be excellent but like many people I don't like feeling I've been fleeced

Thank you to everyone who responded. I am going to lock this now because I'd really like to get this story up on Monday. I will e-mail or PM some of you to get more information. Again, thank you so much to everyone for sharing your stories. Hopefully through all the attention this is getting through the U2 fan community and mainstream press, something will be done to rectify the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom