Setlist party Amsterdam2 7/15/2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harbinger said:
I odn't think coldplay sucks at all. Their new album is particularly good, IMO.

My favourite quote from a couple of days ago: "Coldplay have released a new album. It's by U2 and Radiohead."

Axver said:

:laugh:

Never thought people would be trying to get into my bed in a setlist party! :lol:

And let us all agree that Coldplay are an Unforgettable Fire-era U2 ripoff and Chris Martin needs to stop thinking he's the second coming of Bono.

it's because we're all impressed with your level of intellect

Harbinger said:
But they did this at Paris 2 as well and didn't play anything in between, so we might get shafted a song tonight :(

:sigh:

I hope not.

Come on U2, it's AMSTERDAM! Do something exciting for one of your most passionate and loyal audiences!

Axver said:

My favourite quote from a couple of days ago: "Coldplay have released a new album. It's by U2 and Radiohead."

My favourite quote: "Coldplay tries hard and fiercely to sound like U2 on their new album. But Coldplay is actually doing a better job than U2" :huh:

Better than U2 of being U2? :lmao:

Axver said:

Yep, it's going to be a while. My Bachelor of Arts majoring in History and IR takes three years, then I need to do an Honours year, and after that, I'll be moving to the US. I don't know if the length of time for a PhD in the US is the same as here, but here, it's another 3-4 years.

That's an awful lot of studying Axver...my daughter just graduated with a BA honours degree in Archaeology and Classical civilisations

1stOne said:

That's an awful lot of studying Axver...my daughter just graduated with a BA honours degree in Archaeology and Classical civilisations

Congratulations.....

01. Vertigo
02. Out Of Control
03. The Electric Co.
04. Elevation
05. New Year's Day
06. Beautiful Day
07. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08. City Of Blinding Lights
09. Miracle Drug

1stOne said:

phDs are, indeed, 3 to 4 years long in the U.S.

1stOne said:

Congrats to her! That definitely sounds like it would've been interesting to study!

I can't wait to get stuck into my degree. I don't mind a lot of studying if it's something I like.

Axver said:

Well, I'll be majoring in History and International Relations, so whichever most strikes my interest (i.e. almost certainly History, but I'm keeping my options open at the moment).

Nice, Axver. I've always liked history myself.

01. Vertigo
02. Out Of Control
03. The Electric Co.
04. Elevation
05. New Year's Day
06. Beautiful Day
07. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08. City Of Blinding Lights
09. Miracle Drug
10. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

I will agree that Coldplay's sound isn't hte most unique in the world, and that Chris Martin does have a bit of an arrogant side... but the music is still good.

And that's probably why I like U2 more than Coldplay :)

LJT said:

hey darlin...the festival was amazing...highlights were The Killers, Kasabian (you really need to see these guys live, one moment all out rock next a rave...very intense) and New Order who were very fun making fun of the Foo Fighters who were on at the main stage...twas a brilliant weekend...the people in the campsite were really great and socialable....but i got very little sleep 3 hours max if even that....brilliant time though.;)

What festival are you talking about, if I may ask?

Miringeltje said:

LJT, I second what Redkat is saying here.

I know thanks...just a bit of nervousness i guess thats all..

The rubies in the dirt and dust
Light reflected in a red glare
The brightest of thoughts,
Bequeath a new day
The darkness soon fades away

Harbinger said:
I will agree that Coldplay's sound isn't hte most unique in the world, and that Chris Martin does have a bit of an arrogant side... but the music is still good.

And that's probably why I like U2 more than Coldplay :)

I'd never really thought of Chris Martin as arrogant, just a guy who's trying to be Bono rather than trying to share a few good qualities.

And hey, I'm such a UF-era fanatic that I'll enjoy something that's a blatant ripoff of it!

uwwedoogie said:

no, they couldnt get it right... but there heading down to the b-stage for LAPOE, followed by Desire, Stay, Seconds, then debut of both Heartland and A Man And A Woman!

...and "stuck in a moment", the unique song rehearsed in Los Angeles that have never been played this tour.

uwwedoogie said:

no, they couldnt get it right... but there heading down to the b-stage for LAPOE, followed by Desire, Stay, Seconds, then debut of both Heartland and A Man And A Woman!

OMG THEN STREETS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVAH?/??!!!!!12111

Axver said:

I think WOWY sounds fantastic this tour, I just don't like where they're playing it. The Fly --> WOWY seems like a really bad transition.

Yes, I can understand where you're coming from.
I wouldn't know though.
I got The Fly --> Mysterious Ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom