Seling tix on eBay, thanks for the abuse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ascender_RS

Refugee
What a lovely bunch of people you all are. Because someone sells tickets on eBay they must be a scalper, so lets put in false bids and send abusive messages.

I've got a pair of tickets bought from someone on here for a wee bit more than face value. Excellent service, no complaints about the transaction.

In the meantime, I find out I can't go to NY for the concert. So I respond to a couple of wanted messages on here but get nothing back. Then I put them up on eBay with a reserve price of what I paid for them and the abuse starts. Actually, I did make a mistake with the reserve but put a note on to that effect when I'd realised it.

So thanks very much for costing me money and deciding I was a scalper from the outset. The holier than thou attitude on here really does amaze me sometimes.

Cheers,

Mike.

How do you know the messages were from people from here?

:(

I sold a pair of tickets on ebay over face value too (because I paid over face), after advertising them here and didnt get any sort of negative comments from anyone here or through ebay.

Sorry to hear about this. But please realize that there is no direct connection between interference and what happened to you and accusing a whole board like this isnt fair or appropriate.

Last edited:
ya, I did the same. My friend accidently bought 4 tickets to the MCI center in DC instead of 2, so I posted here for a day, no one responded, then put them on eBay.

Sold them for about $75 over the face value, but I set the "Buy it Now" option for $200 when the same seats in my section were going for an easy $300.

Anyway, I didnt receive any messages or false bids. Sorry about your situation.

I sold a single seat on ebay to a Denver show and lost like $80 bucks. I had some nut from here (forgot his name) sending me emails and calling me names. I just ignored it. I thought it was pretty sad that he had nothing better to do with his time. A little nutty as well.

Because some of the information in the emails clearly came from people on this board or people who had read this board. Otherwise they got their information from the seller, which I'd like to think wasn't the case.

If I've offended anyone I'm sorry, but certain people on this board have a tendancy to over-react to anything which they see goes against the "real fans" without stopping first to ask if possibly people have good reasons for their actions.

Were you selling tickets for New York 10/10? If so, my understanding is that a fan on Zootopia ("Scottsdale" on u2. com and "newdreams" - I think - on interference) sold his extra lower level NY 10/10 tickets for face value to someone in Scotland/UK.

Scotsdale/newdreams then found out that the tickets he sold at face value were now being sold by the Scottish buyer on ebay for WELL over face value. The auction has now closed at $734.04 (presumably a false bid).

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6536488565

Um, that's the one, but the tickets I purchased were NOT sold to me at face value.

With hindsight I should have put up on the auction more info about what I was asking for them and what I'd do with any extra cash. But I didn't.

Live and learn.

Nice to see there's a 4 page topic about it on Zootopia calling me scum and posting personal details on there. Oh well.

The people on Zootopia are definately more fanatical about the ebay ticket selling than the regulars here.

The regulars here seem to be more fanatical about the ebay bootleg selling. Although this seems to have died down a bit recently.

Well then, someone's not telling the truth. FWIW, I do not believe interference had anything to do with the emails you received.

Don't worry there are alot of looney's out there. Yes there are U2 fans secretly getting information off people from ebay, and posting it or talking about it.

I would like to call out those people who are doing it because its invasion of privacy. Ebay the details of the transaction is between the buyer and seller only. Your case serves as a great example. I have bought tickets off ebay or through a ticket scalper. If I can't go then you are force to sell them back to the ticket broker and loose 20% of what you paid for the ticket. Its a restocking charge they claim. Your force to see it on ebay to get your money back and let another fan purchase it. I believe some people on this board and yes others I do not know who you know my situation from Philly #2 .

The person I sold it to is in Europe and can explain what happened. When she gets back or reads this thread because I see this thread maybe going on for a long time. This topic Is controversal and you know from my other previous posts what to expect.

Can we just lock this please? I'm sorry if I've caused anyone offence. I know some of the emails I got were from people on here, but that's not the point. I'm just really annoyed a fellow fan would bring all this out on the internet without speaking to me in the first place.

Closing per thread opener's request and well... 'cause mystery solved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom