Seattle II Setlist Bitch and Thread Party - PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trish0860 said:

I don't think I have AIM on my computer anymore. I'll just send you an email tomorrow....k? thanks! 'nite :wave:

And....2 Vertigo's? :shocked:

I'll still be up for an hour or two if you want to email me tonite. No problem (wondering what she's gonna ask :hmm:)

u2girlcj said:
ALso, not sure if it's been mentioned, but ADAM and Bono bullfighted during Mysterious Ways. At the end, Bono said it was the first time they'd done that (?) and he liked it.

I did too :wink:

Oh, THAT'S what she said!! I was on the phone with someone at the tip of the ellipse, and she was trying to tell me something about someone dancing with Adam, but I couldn't make out what she was saying. :lol: So there was no girl pulled up for that song?

Axver said:

Totally beside the point.

There's no excuse for playing the same song twice when you're a band of U2's calibre with a catalogue of their depth.

grrr.:mad:

I already excused them!! And I got over the fact that 40 wasn't played before i even left the stadium. Please don't be so upset Axver!!

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I only repeat myself when the other person doesn't hear me the first....or second...or the third...or the fourth time....and so on....and so on.....

Yeah, like my husband :giggle:, but I can say that now since he's asleep :shh:

Axver said:
But ... why? I want to know what motivated them to play Vertigo AGAIN rather than a DIFFERENT SONG.

Dude, who cares?! Who knows?! It was probably an impulsive decision, made on the spot, based on the vibe of the room. Don't overanalyze this stuff or you take all the fun out of it. Chill out! :)

VintagePunk said:

Oh, THAT'S what she said!! I was on the phone with someone at the tip of the ellipse, and she was trying to tell me something about someone dancing with Adam, but I couldn't make out what she was saying. :lol: So there was no girl pulled up for that song?

No girls. They were definitely in a different groove tonight.

Had pulled up a young boy during "Sometimes" The way he was singing to him brought tears to my eyes, I can't really explain. The way he was singing to him.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

At least me and your husband are on the same page (sorry for the English goof..if it is an English goof)

what do you mean? I know I have to repeat things over & over to him - then he claims sometimes I never said certain things. Drives me crazy!

u2girlcj said:

No girls. They were definitely in a different groove tonight.

Had pulled up a young boy during "Sometimes" The way he was singing to him brought tears to my eyes, I can't really explain. The way he was singing to him.

sounds like they took a trip back to their punk roots, being all rebellious and shit. :lol:

u2girlcj said:

grrr.:mad:

I already excused them!! And I got over the fact that 40 wasn't played before i even left the stadium. Please don't be so upset Axver!!

The thread's called Setlist Bitch so I'M GOING TO BITCH ABOUT THE SETLIST! :mad:

:wink:

No, seriously now: I think it's stupid. OK, I'm hypocritical, I'd probably lose my mind with joy if 11 O'clock Tick Tock were done twice, but then again, I'd take a show of that played 23 times in a row so it might not be such a good comparison!

U2 have plenty of songs to play. They could've AT LEAST come back for 40.

LyricalDrug said:

Dude, who cares?! Who knows?! It was probably an impulsive decision, made on the spot, based on the vibe of the room. Don't overanalyze this stuff or you take all the fun out of it. Chill out! :)

Impulsive decision that was stupid. They could've at least done I Will Follow instead of REPEATING A SONG.

If they don't play 40 on 28 May, I will be very pissed indeed.

dropping 40 is a bit of a downer, everyone singing "how long" for minutes after the show is an amazing end to a show

Vertigo is also a neat way to end it, but then don't play it twice, they have way too vast a catalogue to repeat the same song twice in a setlist

I dunno folks. Fantastic setlist, ADAM in a bullfight, young lads being pulled onstage for powerful ballads, Vertigo as a closer, and an eyewitness account of a "different groove" sounds like a killer show to me.:bow: :applaud:

u2girlcj said:

I got to listen to 5 songs, and I know they sounded amazing...I'm even more excited about seeing my shows now. Tonight sounds like one that shouldn't be missed..can't wait to hear the closing Vertigo...the way you described it, the energy sounds awesome!

Axver said:

Impulsive decision that was stupid. They could've at least done I Will Follow instead of REPEATING A SONG.

If they don't play 40 on 28 May, I will be very pissed indeed.

Axver, there's a chance that they might not play 40 that night. Maybe you'd better hand over your tickets to me, and save yourself the grief. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

I got to listen to 5 songs, and I know they sounded amazing...I'm even more excited about seeing my shows now. Tonight sounds like one that shouldn't be missed..can't wait to hear the closing Vertigo...the way you described it, the energy sounds awesome!

I need the Vertigo2 in mp3 - where is it!?!? :mad:

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Lila64 said:
u2girlcj - were you on the floor or in seats (but not sitting, obviously)

Seats tonight, which I was dreading after GA last night. But that just goes to show how the energy was, I guess!

And yes, when I first came in, I told the guys behind me I'd be standing up all night - as a warning. :wink:

Palace_Hero said:
Axver complaining about U2 being repetitive is fucking ironic, considering the lack of variation in the shit he posts.

What problem do you have with me? Lately, you've posted a number of insults of me, and I have utterly no idea what has inspired this apparent hatred of me. I've never been rude or disrespectful to you.

VintagePunk said:

Axver, there's a chance that they might not play 40 that night. Maybe you'd better hand over your tickets to me, and save yourself the grief. :wink:

VP - I think I deserve them - after all, 5/28 is my birthday!:hyper:

Back
Top Bottom