Seattle I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MikeSt said:

thats me and my lady's wedding song!!! :)

Oh my God, are you serious?
that's the coolest thing ever...I've always wanted that to be my wedding song. My wife better love u2 :mad:

stagman said:
I wish Bono would quite singin send in the clowns...sing something cooler that the fans can connect with.

:huh:

He sings it because, you know, that became a famous part of The Electric Co. during the performances of the early eighties.

Though I actually preferred the Amazing Grace snippets, when he occasionally did that.

PopMartian33107 said:

I was almost positive they'd open with the theme from "Short Circuit 2"... :(

They could do an all movie themes setlist. Tina Turner could make a guest appearence and open the show with Goldeneye.

:wink:

im still here, this is what i have so far

LAPOE
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co

I also always thought that if I ever got married that "All I Want is You" would be my wedding song. Here's a bad wedding song: White Wedding, Billy Idol. Not ideal, IMHO.

Am I the only person surprised that songs with dark love themes such as WOWY and AIWIY are taken as positive songs by most people? Listen to the lyrics ... I sure as anything wouldn't make out to WOWY.

Axver said:
Am I the only person surprised that songs with dark love themes such as WOWY and AIWIY are taken as positive songs by most people? Listen to the lyrics ... I sure as anything wouldn't make out to WOWY.

It's like politicians using "Born in the USA" when they campaign.

Axver said:

I believe Bono or the Edge said something to this extent one time...although I thought AIWIY WAS somewhat of a traditional love song...somewhat.

Axver said:

Bono said in an interview that he's heard a lot of people play "One" at their weddings and its not meant to be a song people would want to play at their weddings.

walkon11 said:

I believe Bono or the Edge said something to this extent one time...although I thought AIWIY WAS somewhat of a traditional love song...somewhat.

Actually, after I made that post, I realised I could see AIWIY - I've even used it on romantically themed setlists! :laugh: So I take that one back. Indeed, there is some criticism in there, of materialism ("you say you want ...") when all the singer wants is the object of their affection, but in general, yes, it does make sense.

But WOWY ... no way. I don't get that at all.

Bono should sing
"We've been waiting all day for this....we've been waiting all day...for yooouuuu..."

before "into the heart"
like the early days, that would be great

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Yea...but people play Every Breath You Take by the Police at weddings even though it's about stalking.

:lmao:

I think that at my wedding, I'll play Mofo, Wake Up Dead Man, and Bass Trap just to mess with people's minds. :wink:

tsweeney said:

Bono said in an interview that he's heard a lot of people play "One" at their weddings and its not meant to be a song people would want to play at their weddings.

hahahaha, I can't even imagine someone playing that song at their wedding. Now that's funny....heheh.

UPDATE:

LAPOE
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co
An Cat Dubh
Into the Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom