Seats At The Back Of The Stage - Will You See Anything ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boracay

Babyface
Judging from the set-up in most of the venues for the Elevation Tour, it seems like seats at the back of the stage may not see anything (specially those at lower levels). What do you think ? Im particularly interested in the Vancouver set-up.

You can see just fine. At least on Elevation. I had behind the stage twice, once lower level. It's great. You are close to the stage, get to see the band in action. Bono pays a lot of attention to you behind the stage and you can lip read what they are saying to each other between songs. It is a great ticket and a cheap ticket. You'll have a good time. You are right there with them behind the stage.

SMB

Shawn Bonneau said:
You can see just fine. At least on Elevation. I had behind the stage twice, once lower level. It's great. You are close to the stage, get to see the band in action. Bono pays a lot of attention to you behind the stage and you can lip read what they are saying to each other between songs. It is a great ticket and a cheap ticket. You'll have a good time. You are right there with them behind the stage.

SMB

Agreed.

I had "golden ripoff" tickets near the back of the arena in the lower level at one show but enjoyed my rear view tickets so much more on a different show in the sam evenue. One third of the price, and VERY close to the stage. I'd choose those again in a heartbeat over 80% of the mid/high priced tix.

I'm not speaking from experience here, but I was at an REM concert a week ago, and the people who sat there seemed to be having the most fun. lol There was plently of room for them to dance around and there was a lot of "communicating" between Michael and them. :)

For the men, you get a good view of what goes on behind the stage if you like the technical stuff, and for the lady (a fact that makes us men close our times from time to time) as Sherly Manson of Garbage said at a U2 once, you get a good view of Bono's butt. ew.

SMB

Bono is very attentive to the people behind the stage. As attentive as he can be I guess.

You are close, but the tradeoff is that you will not see all the video walls. For Elevation, when the video walls rose and the red lights came on for Streets, people in the back (lower rows)couldn't see the band or the screens. In NY when they listed all the names from 9/11, that was also missed in the back.
All things considered, the price is right.

I gladly nabbed a back of the stage seat for Denver. 14 rows up. Almost $120 cheaper than the section next to me. Like others have said, these were great seats for the Elevation tour except when the video walls were up. You get a band's perspective of the show, which is sort of interesting I think. And the sound is fine. Take the money saved and see another show!

Back
Top Bottom