Santiago Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Hi folks, and welcome to the setlist party for U2's concert in Santiago, Chile! Unfortunately, I am not aware of any live setlist source, but let's hope one shows up! Apparently the TV station that was going to broadcast the gig live was unable to acquire the rights due to the cost, or something along those lines.

I think the gig should start in about two hours from this post, but I'm not totally clear on the start time for the concert.

As far as trivia goes, this is just the second concert in Chile. The first was a tad over eight years ago on 11 February 1998.

I'll probably miss the gig as I have my first university lecture in a couple of hours (last week was just orientation courses), but I hope to join all of you again around when the show concludes. Make sure you have a full setlist complete with snippets and money for me. :wink:

:wave: Show start is probably soon...9PM Santiago time is 20 mins. away, could start as late as 10 like Brazil, but I kind of doubt it.

Pop Artist said:
:wave: Show start is probably soon...9PM Santiago time is 20 mins. away, could start as late as 10 like Brazil, but I kind of doubt it.

:lol: I've had some experiences with showtimes..

Anaheim II, the couple sitting next to me (Amazed that I would come all the way from Australia for U2!) the guy wanted to go buy a shirt, he asked me what time U2 take the stage (last night and the shows in San Diego were around 9) So I Said "Around 9 ish"

Now U2 played a "short" show the night before and decide to come on stage, I think it was 8:45, and the guy just missed the start of Love and Peace..So it wasnt too bad

Opss...

Hey, Daniel, do you know when the Melbourne shows begin?

I was under the impression that the Aussie shows would be around 9pm, but Telstra Stadium's giving 8pm for the Sydney gigs. Do you have printed tickets with a start time on them? (I have to pick mine up down there.)

Axver said:
Hey, Daniel, do you know when the Melbourne shows begin?

I was under the impression that the Aussie shows would be around 9pm, but Telstra Stadium's giving 8pm for the Sydney gigs. Do you have printed tickets with a start time on them? (I have to pick mine up down there.)

Just says the normal start time as 7:30 (just like the US tickets)

I'd be assuming that everyone is let in at 7 though and showtime is still at 9.
Green Day was like that, and some people who had GA missed both opening acts :lol:

bono_man2002 said:

Just says the normal start time as 7:30 (just like the US tickets)

I'd be assuming that everyone is let in at 7 though and showtime is still at 9.
Green Day was like that, and some people who had GA missed both opening acts :lol:

Ah, righto. If I remember correctly, Telstra Stadium's saying gates open at 5:30pm there.

And I can't say I'd mind missing Kanye. :wink: I've heard the Telstra Dome's organisation is shambolic at best. :|

Axver said:

Ah, righto. If I remember correctly, Telstra Stadium's saying gates open at 5:30pm there.

And I can't say I'd mind missing Kanye. :wink: I've heard the Telstra Dome's organisation is shambolic at best. :|

Yeah it sure looked that way. Yeah Telstra Stadiums gates open at 5:30, and showtime is at 7 you said?, could that be beacuse of the noise factor?.

And Also I though the outdoor setup was bigger than this!
The centerpiece is a 40m wide and 10m high video wall, which is flanked by two screens that are 12m wide and 8m high.

Does anyone know any Chilean fan sites or anywhere else that may have a live set?

bono_man2002 said:

Yeah it sure looked that way. Yeah Telstra Stadiums gates open at 5:30, and showtime is at 7 you said?, could that be beacuse of the noise factor?.

Showtime at 8pm, according to http://www.telstrastadium.com.au/index.aspx?link_id=4.570

Gates Open: 5:30pm (tbc)
Main Event: 8:00pm (tbc)

Noise factor? There is none! There's basically NOTHING around Telstra Stadium to warrant a noise restriction. Remember, it's in the middle of that sporting complex built for the 2000 Olympics. Maybe U2 will play a long gig. :drool:

And Also I though the outdoor setup was bigger than this!

It LOOKS larger! Though, to be fair, 10m is higher than it sounds. Neither of us is even 2m high.

I was just looking around U2Chile.net and am not seeing anything - forum has been quiet today, must all be at the show! :wink: I did read that there were 1500 already lined up at 1AM this morning.

U2 parte a las 9:15 PM. Se supone que TVN NO lo va a transmitir en vivo. Puede que esa misma noche, pero diferido como antes.

Pop Artist said:
I was just looking around U2Chile.net and am not seeing anything - forum has been quiet today, must all be at the show! :wink: I did read that there were 1500 already lined up at 1AM this morning.

I sure hope they're there! I don't want to see people like el_milagro or pepokiss posting in this party. :wink:

Axver said:
Noise factor? There is none! There's basically NOTHING around Telstra Stadium to warrant a noise restriction. Remember, it's in the middle of that sporting complex built for the 2000 Olympics. Maybe U2 will play a long gig. :drool:

It LOOKS larger! Though, to be fair, 10m is higher than it sounds. Neither of us is even 2m high.

I dont know, Curfew preahps?, not that these Curfews matter during any sporting events.

Yeah, I think everything just looks larger behind a camera.

bono_man2002 said:

I dont know, Curfew preahps?, not that these Curfews matter during any sporting events.

Yeah, I think everything just looks larger behind a camera.

I'm pretty sure a Sydneysider here said there's no curfew at Telstra Stadium due to its distance from anything. I sure hope so!

As the website says, it's to be confirmed. Maybe they're a bit confused and at 8pm is Kanye with U2 at like 9:30?

Back
Top Bottom