Santiago Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

Well, who's shocked considering Lovetown. :wink:

I think that how U2 do Mothers, if at all, in Chile and Argentina, might be a sign of whether or not New Zealand will get One Tree Hill. I say 'might' because they do have two weeks between Buenos Aires and Auckland.

And I'll keep saying that Australia needs Van Diemen's Land! I can't believe it wasn't done here on either ZooTV or Popmart.

Man I love VDL, there's something about it. I wish it was longer, like with about 6 more verses :)

CTU2fan said:

I know huh, Murfreesboro...and the only known RHMT to boot?

Yep, NYD was earlier, as I heard it walking up toward Croke. Wild Horses and Vert were while I was in line...not sure if they checked anything else, I could ask Miroslava; I think she got there quite earlier than I did.

Ah, righto, that's cool. :)

My girlfriend lives near Murfreesboro and was quite amused that U2 played there, and I didn't quite get the joke ... until I drove through the bloody place!

I now insist that U2 play Raumati Beach, New Zealand. Atop the adventure playground at my old primary school. :drool:

topplehatU2 said:
What's the importance of the Murfreesboro soundcheck?

It's the only known live performance of "Red Hill Mining Town"

CTU2fan said:

Man I love VDL, there's something about it. I wish it was longer, like with about 6 more verses :)

I love when Edge sings. He has such a great voice.

I really think U2 should at least play Van Diemen's Land in Melbourne, as Van Diemen's Land (aka Tasmania) is just across Bass Strait. I believe the Telstra Dome is near the water too. bono_man2002 can confirm or deny, but I'm pretty sure its original name of Docklands wasn't for nothing!

Righto folks, I'm out, time for my first uni lecture. :hyper:

Keep the thread warm! :wave:

Axver said:

I love when Edge sings. He has such a great voice.

I really think U2 should at least play Van Diemen's Land in Melbourne, as Van Diemen's Land (aka Tasmania) is just across Bass Strait. I believe the Telstra Dome is near the water too. bono_man2002 can confirm or deny, but I'm pretty sure its original name of Docklands wasn't for nothing!

...and someone should film it, and call it "Facing Van Diemen's Land" and Trabant could make a fantastic cover art...

popadoodledoo said:
Hello... am I in the right place? Is this the setlist party?

Well, it's a party...we're still waiting on a setlist :) Welcome aboard.

Looks like 4,500 people were lined up around noon. Apparently they have 6 ambulances and 6 helicopters ready and standing by for any medical emergencies. Also, people who live near the stadium were apparently letting fans use the bathrooms in their houses while everyone was waiting for the gates to open.

Back
Top Bottom