San Sebastián Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1stOne said:
If Spanish Eyes does get played, where do you think it will fit in? In place of Yahweh like Party Girl at Barca?

We were having problems placing that song in the setlist at the Barcelona party.
I put it instead of AIWIY.
But I have never heard Spanish Eyes, so I don't know if that would fit.
Some were saying it would most likely be a snippet, not the full song.

U2Spain said:
Anyway, it's going to be the second time that U2 play in San Sebastian ( Donosti in euskera language ), they played there in May 1992 during the second leg of ZOOtv in the Anoeta Velodrome. Now they play in a different venue: Anoeta football stadium.

normal_estadio-anoeta-donostia.jpg

Anoeta.jpg

Anoeta3.jpg

Anoeta_A.jpg

Anoeta_A2.jpg

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:

1st One, are you back home already?
Or still in Spain?

Yes Back home today Miri. Very tired too. Barcelona never goes to sleep.:no: but what an incredible show it was.

Miringeltje said:

We were having problems placing that song in the setlist at the Barcelona party.
I put it instead of AIWIY.
But I have never heard Spanish Eyes, so I don't know if that would fit.
Some were saying it would most likely be a snippet, not the full song.

Well I was expecting it before Vertigo x 2. I was expecting the full song. Maybe if it hadn't been Edge's birthday...

What is the weather like at your home? Aré you happy with your life? How do you do? blablabla

Yes, you might think, I don 't care that much - and you are right. Because a setlist party might get wrapped around one important thing being the priority: THE SETLIST. So, do we have any news from San Sebastian yet?

Miringeltje said:

What's that?
Quassling??

And have you been to a setlist party before??
'Cause we talk about other things beside the setlist too.

Yeah...what's quassling????

ZOOTVTOURist said:
What is the weather like at your home? Aré you happy with your life? How do you do? blablabla

Yes, you might think, I don 't care that much - and you are right. Because a setlist party might get wrapped around one important thing being the priority: THE SETLIST. So, do we have any news from San Sebastian yet?

Yes, the sun is not shinning.

ZOOTVTOURist said:
Please stop quassling: Setlist news?

Hi everybody :wave:

ZOOTVTOURist if you don't like what people in here are talking about, why don't you just find your own source on the web instead of telling people off for doing what people always do at a setlist party - that's part of the fun. If you don't like it, there's no reason for you to be here :wave:

FOTOS: Expectación en Donostia-San Sebastian la víspera del concierto
(I don't know any Spanish and am too lazy to put it through a translator.)

h t t p://www.eitb24.com/noticia_es.php?id=81307

But these are pics of the U2 stage being built up in the stadium and fans waiting outside the stadium.

Last edited:
approx. 40,000
reported soundcheck of Spanish Eyes, OOTS, don't remember if they said 'Bad' as well...

Should start at 1:00pm PST :hyper:

Yep, they started late in Barcelona - but mainly because of celebrating Edge's 44th at midnight with a long and brilliant "Party Girl" version. So they might have started already ...

Lila64 said:
did you have a great time 1stOne? Seated or GA?

I had GAs, and got a great spot on the barrier just outside the bomb shelter on Adam's side. I was really lucky. Arrived at the stadium at 5.30pm (after picking ETS tix up at the party) and was in the stadium by 6pm. I met ramblin rose, KBRY and UKTan on Friday night. BTW I didn't see any other Interference t shirts.:huh:

FOTOS: Colas infinitas, los teloneros…en Anoeta

h t t p://www.eitb24.com/noticia_es.php?id=81563

These are from today.
Fans waiting and entering the stadium.
Also 2 pics of the Kaiser Chiefs, who are one of the support acts.

Last edited:
"It should be noted that the left premiere vlait the blow of deplacer there low! frantz ferdinand, nothing to see with let us zutons "

(@U2Spain)

Miringeltje said:
FOTOS: Expectación en Donostia-San Sebastian la víspera del concierto
(I don't know any Spanish and am too lazy to put it through a translator.)

h t t p://www.eitb24.com/noticia_es.php?id=81307

More or less:

Photographs: Expectancy in Donosti the night before the concert.

@U2man

Thanks for your as usual kind and intelligent words. I guess you don't have any clue of tonight's setlist, so: Calm down, everything is fine - for everyone, everyone ... everyone! By the way: Any setlist news?

1stOne said:

I had GAs, and got a great spot on the barrier just outside the bomb shelter on Adam's side. I was really lucky. Arrived at the stadium at 5.30pm (after picking ETS tix up at the party) and was in the stadium by 6pm. I met ramblin rose, KBRY and UKTan on Friday night. BTW I didn't see any other Interference t shirts.:huh:

Wow - sounds great. Glad to see you met some other Interferencers. Ramblinrose texted me during a Boston show. I got to hear about a minute of Bad/the crowd going off. :drool:

ZOOTVTOURist said:
@U2man

Thanks for your as usual kind and intelligent words. I guess you don't have any clue of tonight's setlist, so: Calm down, everything is fine - for everyone, everyone ... everyone! By the way: Any setlist news?

I am totally calm, thank you. Instead of wondering so much about whether I have any setlist info, please try to find a source somewhere, yourself.

Last edited:
1stOne said:
Yes Back home today Miri. Very tired too. Barcelona never goes to sleep.:no: but what an incredible show it was.

I read about the Barcelona show in the review section.
Was very happy to hear you all enjoyed the show!!
Had me grin from ear to ear :D
Lots of enthousiasm and positive sounds!!
:applaud:

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
1stOne, so glad you got to meet Rosa, Tania, and Kevin...I've met them at various shows on the last 2 legs and look forward to seeing them again on the 3rd leg :)

@ U2man

find a pleace for ur self to continue quasseling. We only wanna know about the set not about your private life or weather blablabla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom